Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Our Secondary is second to none

"duffVIkEs" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    We do have a great secondary, but I don't think it is THE best. We're a superstar Strong Safety away from being right up there. Hopefully Smith can step up and show us some of the form that made him a Superbowl MVP.
    i think Dexter Jackson was MVP that year.
    You are correct. http://www.superbowl.com/history/mvps

How come people keep saying Smith was SB MVP?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I love the talent we have in our secondary right now, but I think more importantly is the cover 2 we will be running. I think with the talent and depth we have in our secondary, and the knowledge that some of the vet DB's we have of the cover 2, our secondary could be right near the top this year. We will however need help from our DE's, much like Tampa gets from theirs. Watch out for this Ray Edwards kid, he could suprise a lot of people and emerge as a stud pass rusher.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "duffVIkEs" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    We do have a great secondary, but I don't think it is THE best. We're a superstar Strong Safety away from being right up there. Hopefully Smith can step up and show us some of the form that made him a Superbowl MVP.

Probably because he had 2 int returns for td's?
    TB- D.Smith 44 interception return (Gramatica kick),
    10:13 3rd
    TB- D.Smith 50 interception return (Gramatica kick),
    14:58 4th

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "duffVIkEs" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:

Because everyone who watched the game knows he deserved it
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    Not to get off subject here, but has anyone heard anything about the Depth chart at MLB? Who went into camp as the starting MLB?
    Harris I think

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "SharperVikings" wrote:
    Not to get off subject here, but has anyone heard anything about the Depth chart at MLB? Who went into camp as the starting MLB?
    Harris I think

Yeah, with DT as the backup. But that is with EJ at WILL, which should be taken by greenway pretty quickly. Then I am guessing DT will move back to WILL as his backup and EJ and Nap will fight for the starting MLB spot.

Nap is definitely a better MLB then he is on the outside. I was saying this over and over again to anyone that would listen, after the moss trade. He is far from great at MLB, especially in a cover 2, but I like his leadership skills at the MLB spot. He was a vocal guy at MLB for the Raiders and did very well at being a leader of their D as a young MLB. That is really what worries me the most about EJ moving back to MLB. He just never showed that leadership ability or ability to be the QB of the defense. I think EJ is better suited for the outside, where he seemed to get very comfortable at in the last 5 or so games of the year last season. This is the only reason why I questioned the greenway pick. I was hoping for a different pick in the 1st and to get D'Qell Jackson in the 2nd to play MLB in our cover 2.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "duffVIkEs" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:

Because everyone who watched the game knows he deserved it
    I remember they awarded the SB MVP before Smith made his 2nd INT.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "SharperVikings" wrote:
    Harris I think

Yeah, with DT as the backup. But that is with EJ at WILL, which should be taken by greenway pretty quickly. Then I am guessing DT will move back to WILL as his backup and EJ and Nap will fight for the starting MLB spot.

Nap is definitely a better MLB then he is on the outside. I was saying this over and over again to anyone that would listen, after the moss trade. He is far from great at MLB, especially in a cover 2, but I like his leadership skills at the MLB spot. He was a vocal guy at MLB for the Raiders and did very well at being a leader of their D as a young MLB. That is really what worries me the most about EJ moving back to MLB. He just never showed that leadership ability or ability to be the QB of the defense. I think EJ is better suited for the outside, where he seemed to get very comfortable at in the last 5 or so games of the year last season. This is the only reason why I questioned the greenway pick. I was hoping for a different pick in the 1st and to get D'Qell Jackson in the 2nd to play MLB in our cover 2.
    Didn't he play MLB in Oakland for a year or two, then the d-coordinator there moved him to OLB? That's what I heard. I also heard he played pretty good at MLB, but sucked, as we saw, at OLB!

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "SharperVikings" wrote:
    Harris I think

Didn't he play MLB in Oakland for a year or two, then the d-coordinator there moved him to OLB? That's what I heard. I also heard he played pretty good at MLB, but sucked, as we saw, at OLB!

Yep, he had his best years at Oakland, in the middle, before being moved to the outside, where he sucked. If Tice and company would have payed any attention to his career in oakland, they should have know to keep him in the middle, especially when we didn't even have Cowart at that time. We just traded for him and annointed him the starting SAM LB right away.

Thank god we know have some coaches who can put these guys in their best positions, like Harris at MLB and Marcus Johnson at RT and not RG.

revprodeji is offline Starter

tank williams should be a starting line-backer. lets just invert the cover-2 package with a nickel base and start tank as the coverage backer.
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast