Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    KevinK is offline Starter
    I just believe that it is not necessary for the Viking players to blame the Saints for their loss in the NFC championship game. I also believe that it wasnt in the Saints bounty plan to take out the punter. I know he is a top punter in the NFL- but it doesnt mean he has to comment on every single issue. This includes when he called out Drew Brees for asking for his money that he was owed during the lockout. And I dont hate the kickers in the NFL..... especially the ones who just do their job and not look for special attention........

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Freedom of speech takes on a whole new meaning with today's social media. I have no problem with Kluwe speaking his mind, none at all. He will need to deal with the consequences, if any, not me. Just like I tell my teenage daughters. Today's youth choose to live their lives in the social media...I don't get it, but, Kluwe has an opinion, and, he's stating it the way he chooses. I certainly don't agree with some of his points/positions, but then again, I know where he stands.

I'd like to have a beer with the guy, we'd have a lively discussion for sure.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Freedom of speech merits any comment from Kluwe, good, bad. or indifferent. I for one am bored by this topic and it is weeks old, the audio confirmed what we already knew. Williams, imo, got carried away, melodramatic, but the taking out of knees is more than a tad over the top. Lifetime ban? That's a little harsh. Understandable, but still harsh in the manner that this man has spent his whole adult life in football and to end his career over words is a bit rigid. imo. How about leave it an indefinite suspension with a review after the 2013 season? 2 years with a hearing with the boss? Anyone think that is fair?
    Last edited by TheAnimal93; 04-09-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    Freedom of speech merits any comment from Kluwe, good, bad. or indifferent. I for one am bored by this topic and it is weeks old, the audio confirmed what we already knew. Williams, imo, got carried away, melodramatic, but the taking out of knees is more than a tad over the top. Lifetime ban? That's a little harsh. Understandable, but still harsh in the manner that this man has spent his whole adult life in football and to end his career over words is a bit rigid. imo. How about leave it an indefinite suspension with a review after the 2013 season? 2 years with a hearing with the boss? Anyone think that is fair?
    It's not his words which damned him...it was the action that those words confirmed. He specifically and directly charged his players to INJURE opposing players. I think a lifetime ban is too soft.

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    I just believe that it is not necessary for the Viking players to blame the Saints for their loss in the NFC championship game. I also believe that it wasnt in the Saints bounty plan to take out the punter. I know he is a top punter in the NFL- but it doesnt mean he has to comment on every single issue. This includes when he called out Drew Brees for asking for his money that he was owed during the lockout. And I dont hate the kickers in the NFL..... especially the ones who just do their job and not look for special attention........
    Why not? Calling out Brees had to do with the CBA. He wasn't just calling out Brees, but more mentioning the fact that despite the fact Brees was allegedly representing the players in court over the lockout, he was in fact using that time to demand more money for himself. Kluwe knows players get paid plenty as it is, and although there is nothing wrong with asking for more, but when you doing so holds up a process, which the immediate impact will only affect the upper 10% of players in the league, it's just selfish. Brees was holding things up because he wanted to be paid more, while rookies were not getting paychecks because of this.

He absolutely has any right to speak up about Godell, the bounty, the CBA or even how shitty Soldier Field is, as long as I'm entertained, I could care less.

In the end, isn't that all that football players are? Entertainers?

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It's not his words which damned him...it was the action that those words confirmed. He specifically and directly charged his players to INJURE opposing players. I think a lifetime ban is too soft.

Caine
    A suitable punishment would be the "ring of death" (if you remember that from peewee and highschool days) hitting drill against James Harrison and Williams doesn't get a helmet or pads.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Kluwe's awesome. All there is to say.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12