Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    404 is offline Rookie

Our O would've played a lot better today if we...

if we gave Linehan a raise during the offseason so he would stay put instead of going to miami... hell, coaches salaries don't even count towards the cap.

Now that he's in Miami, they scored 34 points against a top 10 D of the broncos...
    da441406927a7aa8c47d42e2a95977b4

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Our O would've played a lot better today if we...

I dont think Linehan has anything to do with it. I think it was mainly our o-line and not establishing our running game.

404 is offline Rookie

Well Looney is both the o-coordinator and the o-line coach, don't you think he would've done a better job if he only needed to focus on the o-line instead of the whole offense?
    da441406927a7aa8c47d42e2a95977b4

Num1mossfan is offline Training Camp

your O would have been alot better if you still had RANDY MOSS...see he opened the field for other recievers and the run...look at the rushing yards today...no offnsive TDs says something bout this guy...way to go Red

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Linham sucked when he was here. I am glad that he is gone. I really dont care if the Fins win all of their games, it wont be because of his playcalling.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"404" wrote:
    Well Looney is both the o-coordinator and the o-line coach, don't you think he would've done a better job if he only needed to focus on the o-line instead of the whole offense?
    This goes back to an article I remember from last year about the cheap ass RED and how the coaches had too many responsibilities. We need to split up the duties with competent staff.

I am outta here, want to go scout the Lions and the Pack.

Later Ya'll

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Num1mossfan" wrote:
    your O would have been alot better if you still had RANDY MOSS...see he opened the field for other recievers and the run...look at the rushing yards today...no offnsive TDs says something bout this guy...way to go Red
    Go post on a Raiders site.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I think today was the first full game in a new offense. We just didn't have enough time to recover from the mishaps.

Poor Daunte. Bad protection, Burleson making two mistakes that caused turn-overs. We blocked SIMEON RICE with JERMAIN WIGGINS (WTF!!!!). Moe has a good pass go off his hands and INTed.

It was just shaking off rust and getting used to a new system. We miss Moss, yeah, anyone who tought we wouldn't for at least first game of the season or two is an idiot. Our defense plkayed excellently. Sharper was spectacular, Chavous did a good job. We needed Smoot in there for the entire game tho.

Also, we lost by 3 points. that stupid offensive PI call on Wiggins's first TD was total BS and just horrible job of officiating. Both teams committed penalties and mistakes, ours just came at worse times.

Bad coaching job by both Tice and Loney. You have to make sure Simeon Rice blocked by someone other than a Receoving TE. With 5 minutes left and at the 4 yard line Tice needed to go for the Tie not the meaningless FG. Even if we didn't make it then the bucs have the ball on the 4. With our defense playing so well, you had to trust them in case a team with Daunte Culpepper, Moe Williams, Wiggins, Kleiny, Marcus Robinson among other goal line threats doesn't get in from 4 yards. When we kicked the FG I turned to my friend and said "Thats it, we lost". With our offense making as many mistakes as they were we couldn't give up an oppertunity on the 4-yard line.

We need to get back to the running game. Tampa has a tough run defense, but you have to run the ball on first down more often. You just have too. Also, screen passes. by my count we did 3 and picked up 25 yards. Not just RB screens but screens to Kleinsauser, and WR screens. The WR screen is something M-Rob can do well and Williamson did well in College.

Lots of kinks, hey, we went 1-0 each of the last two season and it got it reccords of 8-8 and 9-7 and only 1 playoff birth. I'm still just as excited about this season for us.

ON a bad note, I started Daute Culpepper and Joe Horn over Byron Leftwhich and Jimmy Smith (6pts, vs 47pts)
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i just think daunte was gettin rushed too much, i hope when koren comes it will help daunte. that last second pick that bounced off moe williams was a crusher, daunte would have had at least one TD and they called back a perfectly legal TD damnit.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte's real stats should have been something like 2 TD's and 1 INT. The two others came at the garbage time at the end of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast