Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    drakkar is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I would not call it hate. I would call it frustration. Freeman would be a AWESOME addition if we were guaranteed the Freeman who worked his ass off and willed his team to win; but where is THAT guy? The team is betting he will return, and if the other negative fans feel as I do, we are just tired of taking chances on other team's busts.

Someone WILL offer Ponder a contract when he leaves the Vikings, but you can bet your ass it won't be the NY Giants, the GB Packers, or the SF 49ers. Teams like that go get their leaders and mold them into who they want them to be, they don't try to re-shape something broken (I know there are exceptions, just try to understand the point).

For the record, I would LOVE to hear Freeman goes all Chris Carter on us, and becomes a huge benefit to the team. But if I have to hope hope hope, it would be for a rookie with huge upside as opposed to a second chance charlie.
    Second chance Charlie worked wonders in the Bayou!!

iowa is offline Rookie
    Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Steve Young,Tampa Bay cast off qbs. All went on to win super bowls, just sayin'.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Steve Young,Tampa Bay cast off qbs. All went on to win super bowls, just sayin'.
    Yeah, because DIlfer was the reason for that......

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    We will see the kid's intangibles in practice, at least the coaches will. There is enough game film on him.

I watched the videos on the Viking's site. I think written know what we got from what Freeman said Rick and Leslie said to him. "They didn't tell me what they thought i wanted to hear. They said if you want to come here and be part of something and are willing to learn then you are welcome" Josh seemed to like that. I had to paraphrase that a bit.

I don't think there are any guarantees.

He seems a little immature in the interview with Wobby .

I don't think it was all his fault in Tampa the reporter from Tampa stated the locker will miss him. My gut is the coach and Josh clashed.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Christian Ponder OK but Matt Cassel likely to start for Minnesota Vikings - ESPN

Ponder listed as OK, but Cassell likely to start. Interesting summary below on how each of our QB's performed over the last 3 years. Note, that's ESPN's Total QBR where 50 is considered average.

Nothing Special At QB?
    Taking a look at the Vikings' current quarterbacks over the past three seasons, the one thing that stands out is that -- no one stands out. A look at the play of Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel and Josh Freeman since 2011:

Ponder Cassel Freeman
    Comp Pct. 59.2 59.0 57.8
    Yds/Att. 6.3 6.6 6.8
    TD-INT 33-30 18-21 45-42
    Total QBR 43.1 41.4 46.5

-- ESPN Stats & Information

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Yeah, because DIlfer was the reason for that......
    At least he didn't blow it for them.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Mark my words,Freeman will be a Gus Frerotte 2.0
    El underdog.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    At least he didn't blow it for them.
    The 2000 Ravens D only gave up 10.31 points per game. Even Ponder can average more than 10 points a game.

Make no mistake, The Ravens D, and Jamal Lewis were the reason for winning a superbowl.

Through 8 starts, Dilfer's 1500 yards, 12TD, 11 INT and 23 sacks (Yes, only half a season) didn't help. In fact, I'd say the rest of the Ravens team was so good that year, they won despite Dilfer, not because he managed their game.

He wasn't even a game manager. He didn't take care of the football (11 picks and 8 fumbles in 8 starts) and wasn't an asset to the team, as evidence by his only 1-year stint as a Raven.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vikingo View Post
    Mark my words,Freeman will be a Gus Frerotte 2.0
    which is better than the Tarvaris Jackson 2.0 we had leading up to Gus v2 coming on board.

Bill_89 is offline Waterboy
    I think Freeman is a smart risk. At best, now the Vikings can open up the offense. I'm excited to see what our skill position players can do with a capable body in the driver's seat. Lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball: Peterson, Jennings, Simpson, Rudolph. Maybe now, we can see some more 3 WR sets and get Patterson on the field. Maybe now, we can make the opposition pay if they sell out trying to contain Peterson.

For all the criticism Bill Musgrave gets, has anyone considered that he calls games the way he does to protect his limited QB? When have we seen Ponder go through a progression of reads and make a good decision? When have we seen him make down field throws that put our WRs in a good position for success?

I think the Vikings are a top 5 offense with Freeman. They're going to be very balanced.

Defensively, there are still some issues to work out. Like others, I want to see more Griffen (make him earn that contract) and Bishop. On paper, there are definitely some holes, but I don't see why they can't be average.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast