IMO...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Our new coach should be...

"whiteviking24" wrote:
    HC-Mike Tice
    OC-Pete Carrol
    DC-Ted Cortell

IMO...
    Carroll would never be OC. The only way he's coming back to the NFL is if he is a head coach with GM-type capabilities.

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

your probably right.....So then then how much money does he need instead?

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

sign the d coordinatior for the g-men
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikefan7549" wrote:
    Tice, with a new crew under him that knows what their doing!
    [size=24px]BINGO! [/size] [size=18px]:thumbleft: [/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SamDawg84 Guest

mooch or herm as our head coach!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I don't really care who is our HC as long as we keep Tice in the organization.. I'm hoping it will be someone like Mooch or Martz

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    From what I can tell, zigy dosnt like to lose. Zigy dosnt want a losing orginization. We will see some changes in the Coaching Department. I think Tice should be demoted back to offensive line. A quality, proven Head Coach should be brought in. Viking Mike you wouldnt Herm Edwards? I'm a HUGE Herm fan and would give my left testicle to bring him in here. IDK whose on the market, but I'm sure we'll be shoppin this offseason.

I don't want Herm...decent player, good all-around guy, great motivational speaker, but he hasn't proven himself to be a good head coach. The best thing he's ever done was to fire Cottrell...bringing Testaverde back was a horrible move.

We need a guy who can instill a system that works. For Tice to do that, he'll need accomplished coordinators. I agree totally with you that Zigi really wants to win, and won't be cheap. The new head coach (whoever it is, but my money's on Tice staying) should make "head coach" money...he should be given a multi-year contract...that will help us get and keep good coordinators. We need 2 new coordinators who can come up with imaginative X's and O's...and they should be paid what the market bears. We've got good players...now we need guys who can use them properly.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"K-Robbing18" wrote:
    Brian Billick, him and tice are really good friends, give tice the O-Line coach, i think he would settle for that, becuz i dont see any other teams going for him. PLus i think he loves the players, and the players love him.

Billick will probably be available, but do we really want him? Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I remember most about him is his riding the wave of Cunningham-to-Moss in '98 to head coach of the Ravens. And then having the good fortune of winning a Super Bowl by having Marvin Lewis as coordinator of one of the top D's of all time. I was never really impressed with him as OC or HC. He used to drive me crazy with his play-calling as our OC.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Y'know, I 'tink da coach should still be Mike Tice. I never like da fact dat some coaches out dere who lose dere jobs get hired by someone else, y'know? It's like, hey, dis guy was a loser, let's hire him, y'know? I never could figger dat out. 'Course, some mugs dat lose can do bedda wit' anudder team, I seen dat happen before. But, I'd like to see Mikey keep his job for anudder year, y'know? And Zygi might keep him, except for da fact dat he's a new owner, an' he wants ta put his own poisenal stamp onna Vikes, like, he wants ta give it a new poisenality, y'know? Start over fresh, y'know whut I mean?

Anyways, I hope he keeps Mikey, gives him a raise, gets in some new mugs, gives dem a good salary, and maybe den we'll see. If Mikey falls flat on his face, DEN git rid o' da bum, y'know?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast