Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Our Money

  1. #21
    WSWR's Avatar
    WSWR is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    32

    Re: Our Money

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I'd like to see how they crunched these numbers. Because I don't see how the backfields pay can be less then 3 million when Chester Taylor is getting 3.5 million a year all by himself.

    Something is wrong with the figures or the person doing them.
    Geeze thanks :roll: Taylor gets a yearly base salary of $600,000.

    NFLPA

  2. #22
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Our Money

    "WSWR" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I'd like to see how they crunched these numbers. Because I don't see how the backfields pay can be less then 3 million when Chester Taylor is getting 3.5 million a year all by himself.

    Something is wrong with the figures or the person doing them.
    Geeze thanks :roll: Taylor gets a yearly base salary of $600,000.

    NFLPA
    Yeah well what do you want?

    You make a post no links, no source, no nothing.

    Now that I see the link I can see they short changed him his first year and backloaded his contract. Which I still must be missing the point. The numbers are irrelvant. If we are trying to consider how much we invested and equate that to quality then you have to consider his contract as a whole not this year alone.

    He gets a base yearly salary of 600,000 for this year alone, and then after that his pay is increased dramatically.

    To top it off you say it is their salary yearly which is not the case, it should state it is their salary for this season alone. There is a big difference. The quality between a guy making 600,000 dollars a year for 4 years and a guy making 600,000 his first year then adding up to 14+ million over 4 years is going to be a huge difference.

  3. #23
    WSWR's Avatar
    WSWR is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    32

    Re: Our Money

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "WSWR" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I'd like to see how they crunched these numbers. Because I don't see how the backfields pay can be less then 3 million when Chester Taylor is getting 3.5 million a year all by himself.

    Something is wrong with the figures or the person doing them.
    Geeze thanks :roll: Taylor gets a yearly base salary of $600,000.

    NFLPA
    Yeah well what do you want?

    You make a post no links, no source, no nothing.

    Now that I see the link I can see they short changed him his first year and backloaded his contract. Which I still must be missing the point. The numbers are irrelvant. If we are trying to consider how much we invested and equate that to quality then you have to consider his contract as a whole not this year alone.

    He gets a base yearly salary of 600,000 for this year alone, and then after that his pay is increased dramatically.

    To top it off you say it is their salary yearly which is not the case, it should state it is their salary for this season alone. There is a big difference. The quality between a guy making 600,000 dollars a year for 4 years and a guy making 600,000 his first year then adding up to 14+ million over 4 years is going to be a huge difference.
    Thats great. But isnt only something like 6 million not in incentives? This is for this year only. I thought it would be interesting to see but instead I get flack for not going up to 2010? You are more than welcome to do it yourself.

  4. #24
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Our Money

    "WSWR" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "WSWR" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I'd like to see how they crunched these numbers. Because I don't see how the backfields pay can be less then 3 million when Chester Taylor is getting 3.5 million a year all by himself.

    Something is wrong with the figures or the person doing them.
    Geeze thanks :roll: Taylor gets a yearly base salary of $600,000.

    NFLPA
    Yeah well what do you want?

    You make a post no links, no source, no nothing.

    Now that I see the link I can see they short changed him his first year and backloaded his contract. Which I still must be missing the point. The numbers are irrelvant. If we are trying to consider how much we invested and equate that to quality then you have to consider his contract as a whole not this year alone.

    He gets a base yearly salary of 600,000 for this year alone, and then after that his pay is increased dramatically.

    To top it off you say it is their salary yearly which is not the case, it should state it is their salary for this season alone. There is a big difference. The quality between a guy making 600,000 dollars a year for 4 years and a guy making 600,000 his first year then adding up to 14+ million over 4 years is going to be a huge difference.
    Thats great. But isnt only something like 6 million not in incentives? This is for this year only. I thought it would be interesting to see but instead I get flack for not going up to 2010? You are more than welcome to do it yourself.
    Yeah it is interesting. No one ever said it wasn't.

    It is what it is. A snapshot of one seasons pay. The comments apply more to what people are summing up from a jumble of random information with no links or sources given at the time of posting.

    People are associating the ammount of money spent with the quality of players we have. Which isn't even accurate because we have solid players in other positions that are getting paid more in sequencial years.

    So you got some flack, cry about it.

  5. #25
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Our Money

    C. Taylor

    2006- 600,000
    2007- 2.4 Million
    2008- 3.0 Million
    2009- 3.0 Million

    He isn't crying about getting paid 600,000 this year because he got a 5+ Million dollar signing bonus.

    Again take the post for what it is worth. An interesting tidbit of a snapshot of THIS season.

    But if your going to try and equate the level of talent with the ammount of money we spent then you need to look at their contract as a whole.

    You = Anyone who is doing that.

  6. #26
    WSWR's Avatar
    WSWR is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    32

    Re: Our Money

    Im sorry, maybe its me, but when exactly did I ever say that pay was directly responsible for their play? Its a snapshot of this season, it was interesting. Why not raise a stink about how its not accurate because we will soon be paying McKinnie more money? I posted the info for this season, the only relavent data for right now. You are more then welcome to do this over the next 5 years but its the damndest thing is that nobody will care because these people wont be starting, they will retire, we will sign new people, draft new people and so on. Interesting you say im crying about it yet you cant seem to get over the fact that it is completely useless and un-realistic to do it over years.

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Our Money

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    C. Taylor

    2006- 600,000
    2007- 2.4 Million
    2008- 3.0 Million
    2009- 3.0 Million

    He isn't crying about getting paid 600,000 this year because he got a 5+ Million dollar signing bonus.

    Again take the post for what it is worth. An interesting tidbit of a snapshot of THIS season.

    But if your going to try and equate the level of talent with the ammount of money we spent then you need to look at their contract as a whole.

    You = Anyone who is doing that.
    "You" also need to consider the true cap impact.

    Example: Chester Taylor signed a 4-year, $14.1 million contract with $5.6 million guaranteed.

    Now - I clicked around a brief bit, but I don't see how his "guarantees" are structured, so these numbers aren't totally accurate. But let's assume that $5 million is in a signing bonus, with the other $600,000 of guaranteed money in roster bonuses for $200,000 for 2007, 2008 & 2009.

    The way the NFL counts signing bonuses is to prorate the value over the life of the contract. So Chester's CAP number for 2006 is: $600,000 (2006 salary) + $1.25 million ($5 million/4 years) or $1.85 million.

    The other 3 years then count as:
    2007 - $3.85 million (assuming the $200,000 roster bonus)
    2008 - $4.45 million (assuming the $200,000 roster bonus)
    2009 - $4.45 million (assuming the $200,000 roster bonus)

    That is, of course, assuming that Chester remains under this contract for all 4 years. If he's cut, say, after the 2007 season, then his TOTAL cap number for 2007 becomes $6.75 million ($3.85 + balance of guaranteed money - $2.9 million).

    THIS is why people should respect Rob B - he does a helluva job as capologist for the Vikes.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Our Money

    "WSWR" wrote:
    ...it is completely useless and un-realistic to do it over years.
    I agree, it is useless and unrealistic. But... I was bored, so....

    Here is a (useless) breakdown of the signed Vikings players and their average base compensation through 2010. Just for curiosity sake. Not intended for in depth analysis, estimation of player skill, or anything else that might get someone fired up. Strictly water cooler talk. :wink:

    Winfield, Antoine 5300000
    Birk, Matt 4630000
    Hutchinson, Steve 3814000
    Smoot, Fred 3780000
    Sharper, Darren 2900000
    Kleinsasser, Jim 2733333.333
    Leber, Ben 2550000
    Williams, Pat 2525000
    Taylor, Chester 2250000
    Robinson, Marcus 2000000
    Rosenthal, Mike 1840000
    Taylor, Travis 1650000
    McKinnie, Bryant 1412166
    Longwell, Ryan 1300000
    Wiggins, Jermaine 1237500
    Johnson, Brad 1066666.667
    Williamson, Troy 993000
    Harris, Napoleon 942833.3333
    Richardson, Tony 893333.3333
    Liwienski, Chris 855000
    Williams, Kevin 833749
    Hicks, Artis 775000
    James, Erasmus 749000
    Udeze, Kenechi 728625
    Whittle, Jason 710000
    Robinson, Koren 675000
    McMahon, Mike 642500
    Offord, Willie 617500
    Kasper, Kevin 585000
    Kolodziej, Ross 585000
    O'Sullivan, John Thomas 585000
    Scott, DeQuincy 585000
    Williams, Clevan 585000
    McMullen, Wilbur 550000
    Henderson, E.J. 500000
    Moore, Mewelde 442500
    Thomas, Dontarrious 442500
    Johnson, Marcus 435000
    Angulo, Richard 425000
    Davis, Rod 425000
    Dugan, Jeff 425000
    Echema, Joseph 425000
    Goldberg, Adam 425000
    Herrera, Anthony 425000
    Johnson, Spencer 425000
    Loeffler, Cullen 425000
    Owens, Richard 425000
    Scott, Darrion 425000
    Mosley, C.J. 398333.3333
    Wilson, Mark 392500
    Kight, Kelvin 367500
    Whitaker, Ronyell 367500
    Bubin, Sean 367500
    Edwards, Dovonte 367500
    Fason, Ciatrick 367500
    Henderson, Taurean 360000
    Hopoi, Manase 360000
    Jackson, Steven 360000
    Mathis, Wendell 360000
    McKenzie, Kyle 360000
    Mitchell, Jayme 360000
    Nealy, Barrick 360000
    Palermo, Jason 360000
    Penn, Donald 360000
    Smith, Kyle 360000
    Stinson, Albert 360000
    Torp, John 360000
    Carter, Jason 360000
    Cobbs, R.J. 360000
    Gordon, Charles 360000
    Dozier, Ukee 350000
    Farwell, Heath 350000
    Hoag, Ryan 350000
    Hunter, Will 350000
    Kluwe, Chris 350000
    Fox, Dustin 347500
    Jones, Chris 330000
    Smith, Khreem 317500
    Davis, Josh 317500
    Taylor, Eric 292500
    Ward, Marvin 292500
    Hosack, Aaron 275000
    Lawrence, Marcus 275000
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Our Money

    It's nice to see people debating over worthless information that was meant to be interesting. That is a sign that football season is just around the corner....like being in MN and seeing a robin in your yard and knowing spring has sprung.

  10. #30
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Our Money

    He just needs to kick butt this season...he will have the OL to run behind, so he has no excuses!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do they Really Win All that Money?
    By SharperImage in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
  2. K-rob wants his money
    By thevikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 02:50 PM
  3. How much money.....
    By Mr Anderson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 09:07 PM
  4. No Money For YOU!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 12:59 AM
  5. The Money, Money, Money!! & Asst Coaches
    By FedjeViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 04:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •