Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    IFletcher is offline Waterboy

Re: Is our line that bad or does Taylor have no moves?

When the Vikings signed Chester there was some grumbling out there because Edge was available.
    Well, if Edge signed for what $40 million and Chester signed for $14
    then all Chester has to do is be 35% as productive as Edge and it'll be a good signing.
    It doesn't mean anything on the field, but with a good offensive line I expected that Chester would be productive, and productive enough to make it a great signing.
    The only question is whether or not he is durable enough to do this for the entire season.
    Talk to me in December and we'll revisit that one.
    Sincerely,
    IM Fletcher

I... can't figure out what I was doing in Utah this morning.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Chester Taylor is 4th in the NFL for total passing and receiving yards.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"IFletcher" wrote:
    When the Vikings signed Chester there was some grumbling out there because Edge was available.
    then all Chester has to do is be 35% as productive as Edge and it'll be a good signing.
    It doesn't mean anything on the field, but with a good offensive line I expected that Chester would be productive, and productive enough to make it a great signing.
    The only question is whether or not he is durable enough to do this for the entire season.
    in theory right?

but in reality, that $40 mil. has ALOT of "funny money". and i expect more out of taylor than 35% of what edge should get considering he's at the arizona freaking cardinals, not the minnesota vikings.

chestor better be durable in december, he's gotta earn that 14 mil. (if thats really the actuall amount of money he is supposed to make) IMO.

Prophet Guest

"IFletcher" wrote:
    Edge has a lot more mileage on him, like the guy though.
    There isn't an RB alive that can endure 35 carries a game for more than a few years, the knees will not cooperate.
    Chester is doing a great job so far and he is a low-mileage back.
    He should suffice for a few years until he needs to be traded in for another lower-mileage RB that is relatively durable.

IFletcher is offline Waterboy

in theory right?

but in reality, that $40 mil. has ALOT of "funny money". and i expect more out of taylor than 35% of what edge should get considering he's at the arizona freaking cardinals, not the minnesota vikings.

chestor better be durable in december, he's gotta earn that 14 mil. (if thats really the actuall amount of money he is supposed to make) IMO.
    ----------

I was just trying to illustrate that Chestor being signed had a lot of potential to be both a good pickup as a running back, and it made much sence financially.
    I'm happy with Chester too, and I'm happy to have a guy that will get 1-2 yards on his worst carries and 15-25 on his best rather than the Michael Bennett and Robert Smiths of the past that would go for 0, -1, -2 yards more often and then wait for thier one 45-60 yard breakout to make the numbers work.
    Sincerely,
    IM Fletcher

I... can't figure out what I was doing in Utah this morning.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678