Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Re: Is our line that bad or does Taylor have no moves?

It is not time to replace CT with MeMo but I would like to see MeMo getting some more carries.
    He makes at least one guy miss everytime he touches the ball.
    He runs very hard, hads moves, and there's no reason he shouldn't be getting a few more touches.
    But CT should not be benched.

Everyone else is right and the problems lie in the offensive line.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Taylor is averaging 3.5/carry. Memo is averaging 6.3/carry.

I think there are different situations when each should be used. Taylor is more of a plow horse, but there are manytimes he's been caught in the backfield.

That can't happen unless the defense is getting thru the line without much resistance. Our line has got to get better.

i think for one that the O line needs to improve alot. and the biggest reason i think that moore is averaging 6.3 per a carry is that when he is in the backfield the other team doesn't really expect a run. but yes he is more of a agile shifty guy then taylor, but taylor has to make his own holes half the time. in the long run i think that we are better off with taylor carrying the load and memo backing him up, but we can't forget about fason, whats the story on him, he hasn't appeared yet this year. we have alot of cluster in the backfield with fason, pinner and memo all fighting for the #2 back spot.
    and remember last year when memo got more carries? he didn't do all that well.
    Memo's averaging 6.3 yards-per-carry because they keep giving him the ball when it's 3rd and 12 and the defense is playing to stop the long pass.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    Everyone else is right and the problems lie in the offensive line.
    There are problems with the RUN-BLOCKING of the offensive line.
    Not so much with the pass-blocking.
    No sacks allowed yesterday and it looked to me like Brad had time to step up into the pocket when there was pressure.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It's the OL...Taylor has proven many times that he can get yards...he has made many 3 yard losses into 2 yard gains!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

marantzo is offline Rookie

Taylor is a good running back. He was a good pickup. If there is any kind of opening he makes the most of it. I'm impressed with his running. I'm not impressed with the support he is getting from the O line.

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Of all the things to complaign about Chester isnt one of them. Id rather have a no back set than put MeMo out there. Seriously he rarly looks good. Chester has been a great back for us so far. There is a long list of things for us to complaign about but IMO Chester is not even close to being one of them.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

Articnv is offline Coach

it the line but
    also we dont vry the running enuff,
    it like
    left or right of center on draws, not many end arounds or
    off tackles or pitches,
    if you dont vary the run
    the d can key in on it

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Memo is luke warm and more often cold then warm.
    Previously when he has been asked to be the feature back he has not succeded.
    Seems like runwise the problem is on the line.

I have seen Taylor tackled in the backfield several times and break several tackles for extra yards on runs.
    Looks like Taylor wont be the next Shaun Alexander (circa 2005...haha) but I wouldnt count him out.
    Seemed like the run game was improving till this week when they stopped calling run plays..

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Taylor is averaging 3.5/carry. Memo is averaging 6.3/carry.

I think there are different situations when each should be used. Taylor is more of a plow horse, but there are manytimes he's been caught in the backfield.

That can't happen unless the defense is getting thru the line without much resistance. Our line has got to get better.

i think for one that the O line needs to improve alot. and the biggest reason i think that moore is averaging 6.3 per a carry is that when he is in the backfield the other team doesn't really expect a run. but yes he is more of a agile shifty guy then taylor, but taylor has to make his own holes half the time. in the long run i think that we are better off with taylor carrying the load and memo backing him up, but we can't forget about fason, whats the story on him, he hasn't appeared yet this year. we have alot of cluster in the backfield with fason, pinner and memo all fighting for the #2 back spot.
    and remember last year when memo got more carries? he didn't do all that well.
    Memo's averaging 6.3 yards-per-carry because they keep giving him the ball when it's 3rd and 12 and the defense is playing to stop the long pass.

=Z=

dead on zeus....its tricky and unexpected to do that but you will rarly get a first down by doing it, you may pick up 7 or 8 yards but rarely get 10 or 12. BC is still learning, he just started so we have to give him a break on the play calling, even if it loses us games at first. before we all said that this would be just a break in season, but then we win 2 games at first then we lose 2 and everyone gets mad cuz we might not get to the playoffs this year. seriously nobody expected BC to win his first 2 games, i am still considering this a "breakin" or learning season, and if we get to the playoffs that will be an extra bonus.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Gift is offline Coordinator

We gave up on the run before the game even began this week.
    CT & the line will come around if we stick to the game plan.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast