Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Purple is offline Waterboy

Is our line that bad or does Taylor have no moves?

Just a note to what I observed yesterday. I realize the Vikes didn't run the ball much yesterday but it seems like Taylor runs like a lead blocker. He plows into the first defender to come along. I haven't seen much for moves at all from him. Time for Memo? Even if he can only play 3 or 4 games? What do you guys think?

davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Is our line that bad or does Taylor have no moves?

"Purple" wrote:
    Just a note to what I observed yesterday. I realize the Vikes didn't run the ball much yesterday but it seems like Taylor runs like a lead blocker. He plows into the first defender to come along. I haven't seen much for moves at all from him. Time for Memo? Even if he can only play 3 or 4 games? What do you guys think?
    i have seen some sweet moves from CT.... he may not be as elusive as memo at times but he is a work horse that gets stronger every time he touches the ball, he got 10 carries last game, i didn't like that. he can do some power football to. you don't get to be a running back in the NFL by being slow and having no moves. usually the way he runs he can make the first man miss. and you never know mabe he was running like the lead block because he was mad at that particular defender and wanted to get some of his own in

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Taylor is averaging 3.5/carry. Memo is averaging 6.3/carry.

I think there are different situations when each should be used. Taylor is more of a plow horse, but there are manytimes he's been caught in the backfield.

That can't happen unless the defense is getting thru the line without much resistance. Our line has got to get better.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i won't consider C.t a dud until he has 20 - 30 touches and doesn't concectutivly reach 100 yrd games.

and i do'nt think it's the oline.. ok these guys are getting paid a lot.. i agree.. and they should be doing something bttr.. i'm waiting 2 c it.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

bfld is offline Rookie

To answer your question:
    our O line is that bad.
    It also accounted for a lot of BJ's problems.
    Fix the O line and you fix a lot.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

After the Bill game, it looks like they both could use a lot of help.. It is not the factor of they have to gel together.. They had extra mini camps, training camp, preseason, practices, and now 4 games together.. If they haven't gelled by now, they are not going to..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The line played like crap yesterday. I don't think you can put much of that on Chester.

Prophet Guest

"singersp" wrote:

I think there are different situations when each should be used. Taylor is more of a plow horse, but there are manytimes he's been caught in the backfield.

That can't happen unless the defense is getting thru the line without much resistance. Our line has got to get better.
    The O-line was VERY overrated leading into the season.
    They need to get it together.
    Taylor hits the holes hard and earns those MF yards.
    There's a difference between averaging 3.5 yds/carry if the O-line is creating huge holes and if the RB is carrying the DL.
    It seems to me that many of the yards that Chester is getting are more from his own effort than that of the line making nice holes to run through.

Maybe MeMo is not being used efficiently, but, face it, he is a "meow".
    He will get his carries this year when Chester has to sit out for a few games.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"digital420" wrote:
    i won't consider C.t a dud until he has 20 - 30 touches and doesn't concectutivly reach 100 yrd games.

and i do'nt think it's the oline.. ok these guys are getting paid a lot.. i agree.. and they should be doing something bttr.. i'm waiting 2 c it.

DiGiTaL
    On the other hand, it's hard to give a RB 20-30 carries when he's averaging 2 ypc and you keep going 3 and out.
    Then you find yourself playing from behind, and it's even harder to give him carries.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:

i think for one that the O line needs to improve alot. and the biggest reason i think that moore is averaging 6.3 per a carry is that when he is in the backfield the other team doesn't really expect a run. but yes he is more of a agile shifty guy then taylor, but taylor has to make his own holes half the time. in the long run i think that we are better off with taylor carrying the load and memo backing him up, but we can't forget about fason, whats the story on him, he hasn't appeared yet this year. we have alot of cluster in the backfield with fason, pinner and memo all fighting for the #2 back spot.
    and remember last year when memo got more carries? he didn't do all that well.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast