Guruzen is offline Starter

Our last playoff game vs Eagles...

Randy was still around (it was his last game as a Viking)...
    Mike Tice was still in charge...
    Everybody let their 'fro hang out...
    That botched fake FG attempt...
    That Eagles fumble (which they illegally advanced forward into the end zone for a TD)...
    Those pass interference calls...
    Those penalties...
    Those turnovers...
    Those Eagles troll fans invading our forum...

I remember all this like it was yesterday and to this day I have hated McNabb and the Eagles for that loss. I used to like the Eagles but since then I have rooted against them at every opportunity to the point that I am now a pseudo-Cowboys fan!

I'm sure many of you will still feel the pain from that playoff loss in 2004... what else do you guys remember from that game?

I guess the thing we have going for us this time is that it is in the dome and we have a defense that doesn't trip over its own feet this time. I'm still not sold on TJ and I think he will be a deer caught in the headlights... I would not mind if we play Frerotte in this one only because Jim Johnson will confuse the heck out of TJ.

phillyj is offline Rookie

Re: Our last playoff game vs Eagles...

"Guruzen" wrote:
    That Eagles fumble (which they illegally advanced forward into the end zone for a TD)...
    Those penalties...
    Those turnovers...

I remember all this like it was yesterday and to this day I have hated McNabb and the Eagles for that loss. I used to like the Eagles but since then I have rooted against them at every opportunity to the point that I am now a pseudo-Cowboys fan!

I'm sure many of you will still feel the pain from that playoff loss in 2004... what else do you guys remember from that game?

I guess the thing we have going for us this time is that it is in the dome and we have a defense that doesn't trip over its own feet this time. I'm still not sold on TJ and I think he will be a deer caught in the headlights... I would not mind if we play Frerotte in this one only because Jim Johnson will confuse the heck out of TJ.
    I was in Harrisburg visiting family and watched from a local sports bar (Mr. G's) one viking fan in the joint, cool guy sat next to our table. The play where freddie m. fumbled into the endzone was overturned and ruled a touchback. I remember Cullpepper slamming in a TD run, and the whole place went silent, it was impressive.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Guruzen" wrote:
    Those penalties...
    Those turnovers...

It really didn't bother me.
    I honestly didn't expect us to go very far, because we weren't really a great team.
    We had some good players on offense, but our defense was terrible.
    The win in Lambeau was fantastic, i had little doubt we'd lose to Philadelphia (who if you remember, went to the superbowl that year)
    Penalties and mistakes cost us that game.
    I've always kinda liked Philly, ever since that infamous 4th and 23 against the Packers, knocking them out of the playoffs.

by the way, that fumble wasn't an illegal advance, since it was a genuine fumble, and at the time, there wasn't the rule in place saying that only the person who fumbled could advance the ball forward, or however it is worded.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Guruzen" wrote:
    ....I guess the thing we have going for us this time is that it is in the dome and we have a defense that doesn't trip over its own feet this time. I'm still not sold on TJ and I think he will be a deer caught in the headlights... I would not mind if we play Frerotte in this one only because Jim Johnson will confuse the heck out of TJ.
    I would have TJack on a short leash in this game because of the 'deer in the headlights' and his relative lack of experience.
    I am far from sold on TJack, but, the options are very slim at QB.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

The defense this season is light years ahead of where the defense was in 2004, and that 2004 squad couldn't run the ball.
    And the game was in Philly.

Philly is 2-5 all time in Minnesota.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

For those advocating frerotte to get as a better option this game I have respectfully disagree.

Frerotte does have ore experience but his lack of mobility would kill us!! Also Frerotte is not that good under pressure he has thrown some horrible pics this year while being blitzed.

T jack can at least get out of the way find the open area or man

I feel the key to our Offensive success is the blitz pick up which is shared between the line, TE, FB, RB depending on the protection called.

They were awful at picking up the blitzes last game lots of miscommunication. They will probably work the hell out of blitz pickup this week. Lots of film review and recognition on the practise field. I remember this dominating practises in college when preparing for a blitz happy team.

I personally love playing against blitzing teams!! when a team blitzes it leaves such huge holes in their D it leaves the potential for huge plays. Often on a huge run play you watch the replay and you see they only scored because the offense attacked exactly where the LB should have been if he didnt blitz

This becomes a real strategic game because Philly is so good at diguising their blitz packages but if we can pick a few up look out here come the big plays!