VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Is Our Defense Starting To Play as a Unit?

Last week was our defenses best game as a unit all year. Cotrell was very happy because this was the first game they executed his game plan with minimal mistakes. I hope that this can continue. I have said all year i would give the defense till week 6 to improve and i think they have. I just hope its not a one week wonder.

We are farly healthy on defense especailly with EJ coming back to the lineup, i think that will put less pressure on the safeties to help over the middle of the field. We are getting more aggresive with blitzes and seem to be playing tighter coverage on the line of scrimage. I think that Raonall is gonna help this defense out alot espacailly with his speed, last week he looked much like he did in his college days "like a playmaker". We got farly decent pressure, stuffed the run ALL GAME and did some ball hawking.

Can our defense continue to play at this level against the gints Sunday?

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

I think we need to see the d perform at a consistent basis and do well against good offenses in the coming weeks, giants, colts, packers, etc. IF they do well enough and dont give up choke yards and points, then i will believe this unit is for real. Tennessee was banged up on both sides of the ball and it doesnt help that mcnair went out early as well.

I do like the play of our d last week, most notbaly and surpising raonall smith. Lets hope he and the rest of the d can keep it up at this pace.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Moss Deep is offline Rookie

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    I think we need to see the d perform at a consistent basis and do well against good offenses in the coming weeks, giants, colts, packers, etc. IF they do well enough and dont give up choke yards and points, then i will believe this unit is for real. Tennessee was banged up on both sides of the ball and it doesnt help that mcnair went out early as well.

I do like the play of our d last week, most notbaly and surpising raonall smith. Lets hope he and the rest of the d can keep it up at this pace.
    I agree the next few weeks will give us a better idea of where we are on defence. The Titans were still moving the ball on us with a 2nd string qb until they shot themselves in the foot with penalties, drops and a bad throw for smiths int.

Go Vikes
    Yo quiero pancakes. Donnes-moi pancakes. Click-click-bloody-click pancakes!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am not going to feel comfortable for awhile either. Wait and see. Tough games coming up.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Each week the D will get better and better...this is because they will get more comfortable playing together and because our D is so young to begin with...the rookies and sophs will not wear down like veterans will as the season progresses...their athleticism and energy will be coupled with their growing experience each week to allow them to improve their ranking as well as to help cut down on mistakes which will result in less big plays against them...GO VIKES D!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE