Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Our chances of signing trotter

I sure don't remember that Newman guy playing for the Falcons last year or the year before that when the Vikes played them!! It looks like the only thing that's good about that Robertson guy is that he is born on the same day as me, only I was born a year earlier!! PLEASE CAN WE GET TROTTER!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VaViking1 is offline Training Camp

I read 1 of those football expert rundowns on the players probably getting released on 1 june. Trotter was a question mark because of injury concerns and whether he was really a difference maker. I dont personally know anything about him.

Tommy - VIKINGS fan for Life!!

Personally after last year, I would take a risk on Trotter. Really our linebacking crew can't get any worse than it was last year. We had good games with our linebackers, but they were nothing to get excited about.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"little redhead" wrote:
    Well there is a new report on KFAN today that says Trotters agent talked with the Vikings Monday afternoon. They signed some other linebacker yesterday as well someone I really have not heard of too much can't remember the name though. So I wouldn't be too surprised to see Trotter in the mix depending on how much the Vikings think he is worth. Obviously he isn't in that big of demand or someone would have way overpaid for him already to ensure they get him so we will see what happens.

Yeah, but there is a difference in trotter's agent contacting us, and us contacting him. If we were interested in trotter, we probably would have contacted his agent before he would even have the chance to contact us first. Tice also said in that same article on kfa, that he thought we were one vet LB away, and since then we have added keith newman. I think unfortunately we are done looking for LB's. Newman is no trotter by any means, and if EJ has a setback on his knee, or if he and nattiel are suspended, or if claiborne doesn't heal, we are gonna be in some trouble at LB. I am very happy and satisfied with our weak side and dontarious, but we have some serious concerns at SAM and MIKE.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Just to get y'all panicky, Trotter has come up in Packer circles as someone to replace Joe Johnson once he's cut.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Are they going to play Trotter on the D-line?

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

He couldn't be worse than Joe Johnson, but maybe los was reffering to him being a bust pickup.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

but Joe Johnson is a DE and Trotter is a MLB............................................... only the packers....

"Well, We could have gotten a great young prospect, Darion Scott, in teh 3rd round of the draft to help out with our Defensive End needs, but we decided to take a PUNTER, now, we're going to use our limited cap space and try to transform a MLB into a DE"

or:

"We could have gotten a solid starter in Jason Babin, but instead we decided to select a CB we could have gotten in the 2nd, maybe even third, round and then took a another CB in the 3rd round, now we are going to use our limited cap space to try and trun a MLB into a DE..."

Good ole Sherman!
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Trotter is going to want a ton of money as will Gilden, and they are not worth it. Trotter averaged 7 tackles a game, had 1.5 sacks, 1 int, 1 fumble recovery and 10 passes defended in 16 games.
    Gilden averaged 3.8 tackles per game, had 6 sacks (playing a 3-4) 1 int, 6 passes defended in 16 games.
    Our own Chris Claiborne averaged 6.7tackles per game, 3 sacks 2 fumble recoveries, 1 int and 6 passes defended in 12 games.
    His numbers are just as good as Trotters and better then gildens and he only played 12 games.
    Let some other team get the outragous price from these 2 and after enough teams say no then the vikes should go to them with a reasonable offer.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

howln4u is offline Rookie

I would love to see Trotter in Vikings. At least for a 2 year Deal. Gildon is a little older and more of a 3/4 pass rushing LB. Trotter, even though supposedly had a bad season had 113 tackels (not bad).

Since Clairborne's contract is up at the end of this year we may need the more experienced vet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12