Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Our chances of signing trotter

I found an artcile on KFAN.com, that makes it sound like we aren't even talking with trotter or gilden. I realize that this was before the whole bar fight troubel, this weekend, but it still doesn't sound like we want to sign any other LB's. Here is the story:

Last Update: 6/2/2004 1:46:13 PM

Tom Pelissero
    KFAN dot com

EDEN PRAIRIE – The Vikings signed a veteran linebacker Wednesday morning – but not the impact player that recent rumors had suggested.

Former Eagles linebacker Merrill Robertson, who auditioned at practice Tuesday, signed on day two of developmental camp Wednesday at Winter Park.

The Vikings reportedly had "passing" interest in former Washington linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, who was released in a salary-cap move Tuesday, but a high-ranking team source squashed that rumor.

The front office still could pursue another free agent, such as Pittsburgh’s Jason Gildon, although the odds are slim that the Vikings will make such a move before training camp.

I can't believe we aren't gonna try to sign any vet LB's. I realize Tice loves Dontarrious and how he has looked so far, and I love dontarrious as well, but claiborne isn't a sure bet at sam LB, with his injuries, and now EJ and nattiel will probably be suspended. I doubt it, but i sure hope we have changed our minds on trying to get trotter, because we need him bad right now.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

I agree one hundred percent, but I doubt that EJ or Nettiel will get suspended and I also don't think that Red wants to spend anymore dough. We still need to sign all of our rookies.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

I totaly and completely agree with you, we need him bad.
    VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

WHo the heck is merrill robertson??

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

D2M
    D2M is offline Training Camp

I am 100% happy going into the season with our current LB corps. Obviously, if anything happens between now and then, in a legal sense, I may change my stance on the situation, but i'll worry about that (if and) when the time arrives.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think Trotter is all he's cracked up to be, anyway. I mean, he's still a solid veteran who would help us out, but at what price? He's certainly lost a step or two.

Either way, I can't be dissapointed. With or without him, we're solid.

D2M 8)

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Well there is a new report on KFAN today that says Trotters agent talked with the Vikings Monday afternoon. They signed some other linebacker yesterday as well someone I really have not heard of too much can't remember the name though. So I wouldn't be too surprised to see Trotter in the mix depending on how much the Vikings think he is worth. Obviously he isn't in that big of demand or someone would have way overpaid for him already to ensure they get him so we will see what happens.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

If we can get him for the right price, I think he would be great for us!! He had a couple of down years in Washington, but he was playing alongside LaVar Arrington who would make anyone look bad!! Also, remember when he was in Philly, he played on turf, so maybe that is what he'll need to come to Minny and play on turf over half the season again!! I guess we'll see. He would be a good pick up for us though!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

gpete13 is offline Starter

Merrill Robertson

LB
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 248
    Born: 01/26/1980
    College: Virginia
    NFL Experience: 0

No stats.

Nope Merrill Robertson is old news. Apparantely yesterday afternoon we signed a veteran Linebacker names Keith Newman? Anyone know much about him.

Okay here is a little information on this new veteran linebacker we apparantely signed yesterday afternoon (Keith Newman) He has been in the NFL 6 years played for the bills and most recently the Falcons. He is 6-2 and 248 pounds... Anyone know much more about him as I really have not heard a lot about him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast