Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    willbjammin is offline Rookie

is our biggest need de

if our biggest need is de then why not make the trade for adewale ogunlaye and select the best player available with our second round.we need someone who could come in and start right now.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

is our biggest need de

It is possible that will still take place. The restriction on RFA's ended at midnight, which means that all rights become exclusive to that team. NOW, we can work out a contract and TRADE for OGUN without giving up a 1st AND 3rd rounder.

Will it happen, maybe.

Is it more likely than it was yesterday, you bet.

sig courtesy of PPE

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

is our biggest need de

Well i would have to say i didnt want to give up a 1st and 3rd rounder but now i would, for onguleye. He sounds better and better. :rr:
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

is our biggest need de

I know everyone wants to win this year, but consider the following....

Will Ogunleye be an unrestricted free agent in 2005? If so, why don't the Vikings simply save their draft choices and wait a year, and then pay him market value? He (and his agent) are already wanting big time money. Now, maybe, if he would play for the Dolphins tender offer this season for the Vikings if signed to an extended contract offering the money he is asking for, then giving the Dolphins something in the draft is worth it. Otherwise, even though OG would seem to be a "sure thing" compared to some unknown rookie out there, last year KW and EJ and SOD were "unknowns" that look like they will pay off big dividends at relatively bargain prices for several years. Are you willing to give up two potentially cornerstone pieces of the Vikings future at cap-friendly values for someone who we already know will not be very cap friendly and could wind up being (god forbid) another Lorenzo Bromell?

I'm not necessarily advocating one path over the other, but I am saying that giving up two draft picks and boatloads of cash for OG guarantees nothing about the Vikings future success.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

is our biggest need de

O-gun is not worth what he is asking. We would have to give up our 1st and 3rd round pick + pay him a huge contract. We could easily draft Antwan Odom or Marquise Hill if Will Smith and Kenechi Udeze are not available and save ourselves a lot of picks and cash.

Who knows what O-gun would do on the Vikes anyway? He may be a flop, then everyone would be saying how stupid the Vikings are for giving up all that to sign him.

The best way to make a team better is to draft talent. We don't need to go sign big-time free agents, save our $$$, be smart, and draft young players who can make plays.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Moss is Boss is offline Training Camp

is our biggest need de

We don't have to give up our first and third rounder. We have to work out a trade with the Dolphins, if we want him. But is he worth one's salt??? I don't know.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

is our biggest need de

[size=24px][/size]WHEN WILL YOU LISTEN!!!

The RFA tender period is over. IF we could work out a trade, it would no longer constitute a 1st and 3rd!!!!

I SAY AGAIN, IT WILL NO LONGER TAKE A 1ST AND 3RD (by rule)

:banghead: OMG, you guys are hard to get through to sometimes

Please don't use him in the same sentence as Bromell

sig courtesy of PPE

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

is our biggest need de

I'd trade our second rounder and someone fo thing else. But not our first. In fact I'm for doing that. it woudl solve a lot of problems.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

jmiller1 is offline Rookie

is our biggest need de

What about trade second and a player to be named in the forture I think OGun is very talented and will be untill he gets to old and retires he is on hell of a player.So no one can say that it will be another bromell thing trade one of the second string and a second who cares just if the get him in to minnesota so he can play for us SKOL VIKES!!!!#1

is our biggest need de

how many threads are we going to have on this guy? can't we talk about someone else for a change? sheesh!
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast