Not sure if I am welcome in this thread, but, I will chime in anyway.
You're absolutely welcome here. This thread is about positive Viking thoughts...we can bash heads in other threads...
What am I looking forward to? Sounds like a paper you would write in Elementary School before Summer Break...
1. Favre comes out with an even better year and Marrdro proclaims him the best QB in the history of the NFL. Seriously, with the extra year under his belt and a full year of familiarity with the receivers, not to mention Percy year 2 and Berrian with a healthy hammie things could be very interesting.
1: Getting Marrdro to admit that Favre is the best QB on our roster
is victory enough for me.
2: I agree that Favre and the receivers should be more in synch - although I do worry about taking all of TC off and how that will affect that dynamic.
2. Gerhart proves he can pass block and catch balls just as well as Chester Taylor while at the same time showing why he almost one the Heisman and actually one most of the TOP RB awards.
1: I sincerely hope Gerhart pans out - the 1-2 punch we had was essential to our success.
2: Might not want to say "catching balls"...some of the Packer fans get all "tinglie" in their "special place" because it means something else entirely to them. To be safe and avoid unwanted solicitations in your inbox, use the term "passes" instead of balls...
3. Never seeing Berrian on the injury report!
4. Webb develops enough as a WR to warrant putting his immense athletic talent on the field (a Physical WR that can go deep as a 3rd/4th option) ;)
That might be a stretch. We're not exactly shallow at WR - we have a solid corps, and he's going to have to prove he belongs here.
5. Loadholt and Sullivan prove out that old maxim about O-lines improving with increased continuity.
6. We sign a FA Olineman just in case Loadholt and Sullivan don't know about the old maxim.
I'm also hoping that they don't use McKinnie as a role model. I thought both of them did really well last season, and I think they're going to be solid additions.
Now if only we could get a RG and a LT that wasn't lazy...
1. Haynesworth continues to pout in DC and we get him for a late 3rd round pick.
I'm on the fence with him. Although he is 9 years younger than Phat Pat, I worry about his attitude...
2. Ray Edwards has another great year and people realize what he brings to the game ;) , couldn't resist
3. The coaching staff somehow figures out to take advantage of Robison's and Griffen's amazing athletic talent.
I think they're doing alright with Robison, bringing him in to keep teh line fresh. He's close to being a legit starter himself.
Griff...I'm still waiting to see what he's all about. He's been GOOD, but I think he's still developing.
4. Seeing EJ Henderson, Winfield and Griffin at full spead during the pre-season, their health is the balance of talent that will make this defense great if they are healthy.
I absolutely agree that I'd love to see these guys 100% this season. I especially worry about EJ, as a femur break is a really bad injury to come back from, and I don't want him to push too hard and come back too soon.
5. Johnson and Sanford continue to develop and Madieu decides he should he should play better or get cut.
Again, agree 100%
6. Cook becomes a lock-down CB against big WRs on 3rd and long in the nickel package.
If that happens, we're going to see him starting. We don't have a "Lock Down" corner on our roster, and if we did, he'd start.
Well, all this positive thinking is putting me to sleep, when do we go back to the real world?
Whenever you're in need of another "Adjustment", just post something ridiculous and I'm sure that the people here will gladly light a fire under you...