Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

The Viking's marketing department SUCKS.
    I know, I have said it before, but it irks me that an NFL team can't find a marketing company worth a pooh in Minneapolis.
    Check out this commercial for NDSU football:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uQM6rkpH0
    That is better than any of the crap the Vikings marketing put out this year.

There are two ways that we are going to fill up the dome. 1) Win games.
    2) Get the public excited for football regardless of the record.
    Even when the Vikings are doing poorly, Minnesota enjoys incredible television viewership for the games.
    That is one of the reasons the local Fox affiliate was willing to spend the extra cash to buy out the remaining 400 tickets last time.
    This tells me that Minnesotans still love to watch the Vikings, they just need a little extra encouragement to shell out $75+ per ticket to go to the game live.
    That is where a decent marketing company comes in.

Marketing could contribute not only to ticket sales, but also to getting public support for a new stadium.
    I hope Zygi figures it out soon, fires the marketing company they are using now, and puts out bid requests for a new company this offseason.
    There is so much more that a good company could do for the Vikings...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I know, I have said it before, but it irks me that an NFL team can't find a marketing company worth a pooh in Minneapolis.
    Check out this commercial for NDSU football:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uQM6rkpH0
    That is better than any of the crap the Vikings marketing put out this year.

There are two ways that we are going to fill up the dome. 1) Win games.
    2) Get the public excited for football regardless of the record.
    Even when the Vikings are doing poorly, Minnesota enjoys incredible television viewership for the games.
    That is one of the reasons the local Fox affiliate was willing to spend the extra cash to buy out the remaining 400 tickets last time.
    This tells me that Minnesotans still love to watch the Vikings, they just need a little extra encouragement to shell out $75+ per ticket to go to the game live.
    That is where a decent marketing company comes in.

Marketing could contribute not only to ticket sales, but also to getting public support for a new stadium.
    I hope Zygi figures it out soon, fires the marketing company they are using now, and puts out bid requests for a new company this offseason.
    There is so much more that a good company could do for the Vikings...
    Even without that commercial, they will sell tickets anyway.
    Most people in ND are nuts about Bison or Sioux football, because you can only listen to the wind blow for so long

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Frankly, I'd rather they spend their money on internal improvements.
    I don't need marketing fluff to sell me on the glory of football.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

=Z=
    I doubt their marketing is targeted on someone that posts 365 days a year about the Vikings.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I don't care if they sell tickets or not, the NFL, the owner, the players are all making great money either way, fans should not feel like they owe it to the team to go to games. If Zygi wants to get more fans in the dome he should invest in the team, last I check we have one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL.
    Or he could get a stadium built.

Rattz is offline Rookie

I don't care how much you market a bag of sh*&, it is still a bag of Sh*& and people will stay away from the stench.

I think Dubay from KFAN said it best, you can't be bad and boring - that is a recipe for failure at the ticket office.
    Until this offense gets going or Chilly gets fired the Vikes are a painful product to market.

I'm not sure Chilly can get this thing turned around, he is getting outcoached and his arrogance of not getting a quality #1 wide receiver in free agency is killing any chance a qb would have to succeed.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

=Z=
    I doubt their marketing is targeted on someone that posts 365 days a year about the Vikings.
    LOL, I thinks its safe to say that the Vikings org is not trying to reach out to the Zeus' of the world to get them excited about Vikings football.

Didn't Ebenezer McCombs actually do a good job in this area?
    Strong marketing and good attendance. Always looking at the bottom line, maximize attendance while minimizing operational cost (ie., salaries).
    Winning obviously helps for attendance as well, but usually costs more money, and involves a lot more risk.
    You have to want to win for winnings sake to invest in it.
    Hopefully Zygi falls in the latter category, but under capacity stadiums shouldn't be happening regardless.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Rattz" wrote:
    I don't care how much you market a bag of sh*&, it is still a bag of Sh*& and people will stay away from the stench.

I think Dubay from KFAN said it best, you can't be bad and boring - that is a recipe for failure at the ticket office.
    Until this offense gets going or Chilly gets fired the Vikes are a painful product to market.

I'm not sure Chilly can get this thing turned around, he is getting outcoached and his arrogance of not getting a quality #1 wide receiver in free agency is killing any chance a qb would have to succeed.
    Without hijacking this into a Childress thread...

Yes, you can market a team that is playing poorly.
    It is harder to do, but it can be done.
    The best way to fill the seats is to win.
    But a strong marketing campaign can help when the wins aren't coming as easily.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Rattz is offline Rookie

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Rattz" wrote:

Without hijacking this into a Childress thread...

Yes, you can market a team that is playing poorly.
    It is harder to do, but it can be done.
    The best way to fill the seats is to win.
    But a strong marketing campaign can help when the wins aren't coming as easily.
    If the Vikings don't win next week and go 1-3, it is possible they go 1-7 or 1-8, give me your marketing pitch on why anyone should go to a Vikings game this year?

I'm a season ticket holder that will go to every game, but for the "bandwagon" fan, why should they go?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I actually skip most weekends.
    Too much to do.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast