Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    The Viking's marketing department SUCKS.
    I know, I have said it before, but it irks me that an NFL team can't find a marketing company worth a pooh in Minneapolis.
    Check out this commercial for NDSU football:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uQM6rkpH0
    That is better than any of the crap the Vikings marketing put out this year.

    There are two ways that we are going to fill up the dome. 1) Win games.
    2) Get the public excited for football regardless of the record.
    Even when the Vikings are doing poorly, Minnesota enjoys incredible television viewership for the games.
    That is one of the reasons the local Fox affiliate was willing to spend the extra cash to buy out the remaining 400 tickets last time.
    This tells me that Minnesotans still love to watch the Vikings, they just need a little extra encouragement to shell out $75+ per ticket to go to the game live.
    That is where a decent marketing company comes in.

    Marketing could contribute not only to ticket sales, but also to getting public support for a new stadium.
    I hope Zygi figures it out soon, fires the marketing company they are using now, and puts out bid requests for a new company this offseason.
    There is so much more that a good company could do for the Vikings...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The Viking's marketing department SUCKS.
    I know, I have said it before, but it irks me that an NFL team can't find a marketing company worth a pooh in Minneapolis.
    Check out this commercial for NDSU football:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uQM6rkpH0
    That is better than any of the crap the Vikings marketing put out this year.

    There are two ways that we are going to fill up the dome. 1) Win games.
    2) Get the public excited for football regardless of the record.
    Even when the Vikings are doing poorly, Minnesota enjoys incredible television viewership for the games.
    That is one of the reasons the local Fox affiliate was willing to spend the extra cash to buy out the remaining 400 tickets last time.
    This tells me that Minnesotans still love to watch the Vikings, they just need a little extra encouragement to shell out $75+ per ticket to go to the game live.
    That is where a decent marketing company comes in.

    Marketing could contribute not only to ticket sales, but also to getting public support for a new stadium.
    I hope Zygi figures it out soon, fires the marketing company they are using now, and puts out bid requests for a new company this offseason.
    There is so much more that a good company could do for the Vikings...
    Even without that commercial, they will sell tickets anyway.
    Most people in ND are nuts about Bison or Sioux football, because you can only listen to the wind blow for so long

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The Viking's marketing department SUCKS.
    I know, I have said it before, but it irks me that an NFL team can't find a marketing company worth a pooh in Minneapolis.
    Frankly, I'd rather they spend their money on internal improvements.
    I don't need marketing fluff to sell me on the glory of football.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The Viking's marketing department SUCKS.
    I know, I have said it before, but it irks me that an NFL team can't find a marketing company worth a pooh in Minneapolis.
    Frankly, I'd rather they spend their money on internal improvements.
    I don't need marketing fluff to sell me on the glory of football.

    =Z=
    I doubt their marketing is targeted on someone that posts 365 days a year about the Vikings.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    I don't care if they sell tickets or not, the NFL, the owner, the players are all making great money either way, fans should not feel like they owe it to the team to go to games. If Zygi wants to get more fans in the dome he should invest in the team, last I check we have one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL.
    Or he could get a stadium built.

  6. #6
    Rattz's Avatar
    Rattz is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    56

    Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    I don't care how much you market a bag of sh*&, it is still a bag of Sh*& and people will stay away from the stench.


    I think Dubay from KFAN said it best, you can't be bad and boring - that is a recipe for failure at the ticket office.
    Until this offense gets going or Chilly gets fired the Vikes are a painful product to market.

    I'm not sure Chilly can get this thing turned around, he is getting outcoached and his arrogance of not getting a quality #1 wide receiver in free agency is killing any chance a qb would have to succeed.

  7. #7
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,862

    Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The Viking's marketing department SUCKS.
    I know, I have said it before, but it irks me that an NFL team can't find a marketing company worth a pooh in Minneapolis.
    Frankly, I'd rather they spend their money on internal improvements.
    I don't need marketing fluff to sell me on the glory of football.

    =Z=
    I doubt their marketing is targeted on someone that posts 365 days a year about the Vikings.
    LOL, I thinks its safe to say that the Vikings org is not trying to reach out to the Zeus' of the world to get them excited about Vikings football.


    Didn't Ebenezer McCombs actually do a good job in this area?
    Strong marketing and good attendance. Always looking at the bottom line, maximize attendance while minimizing operational cost (ie., salaries).
    Winning obviously helps for attendance as well, but usually costs more money, and involves a lot more risk.
    You have to want to win for winnings sake to invest in it.
    Hopefully Zygi falls in the latter category, but under capacity stadiums shouldn't be happening regardless.

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    "Rattz" wrote:
    I don't care how much you market a bag of sh*&, it is still a bag of Sh*& and people will stay away from the stench.


    I think Dubay from KFAN said it best, you can't be bad and boring - that is a recipe for failure at the ticket office.
    Until this offense gets going or Chilly gets fired the Vikes are a painful product to market.

    I'm not sure Chilly can get this thing turned around, he is getting outcoached and his arrogance of not getting a quality #1 wide receiver in free agency is killing any chance a qb would have to succeed.
    Without hijacking this into a Childress thread...

    Yes, you can market a team that is playing poorly.
    It is harder to do, but it can be done.
    The best way to fill the seats is to win.
    But a strong marketing campaign can help when the wins aren't coming as easily.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    Rattz's Avatar
    Rattz is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    56

    Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Rattz" wrote:
    I don't care how much you market a bag of sh*&, it is still a bag of Sh*& and people will stay away from the stench.


    I think Dubay from KFAN said it best, you can't be bad and boring - that is a recipe for failure at the ticket office.
    Until this offense gets going or Chilly gets fired the Vikes are a painful product to market.

    I'm not sure Chilly can get this thing turned around, he is getting outcoached and his arrogance of not getting a quality #1 wide receiver in free agency is killing any chance a qb would have to succeed.
    Without hijacking this into a Childress thread...

    Yes, you can market a team that is playing poorly.
    It is harder to do, but it can be done.
    The best way to fill the seats is to win.
    But a strong marketing campaign can help when the wins aren't coming as easily.
    If the Vikings don't win next week and go 1-3, it is possible they go 1-7 or 1-8, give me your marketing pitch on why anyone should go to a Vikings game this year?

    I'm a season ticket holder that will go to every game, but for the "bandwagon" fan, why should they go?

  10. #10
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The OTHER reason the Vikings aren't selling tickets

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The Viking's marketing department SUCKS.
    I know, I have said it before, but it irks me that an NFL team can't find a marketing company worth a pooh in Minneapolis.
    Frankly, I'd rather they spend their money on internal improvements.
    I don't need marketing fluff to sell me on the glory of football.
    I doubt their marketing is targeted on someone that posts 365 days a year about the Vikings.
    I actually skip most weekends.
    Too much to do.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone selling Vikings - Eagles tx?
    By Immrtal1 in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:58 AM
  2. Anyone selling tickets to the cowboys game?
    By AllDayBaby in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 07:23 AM
  3. Selling (4) tickets for the Vikings Bears game
    By singersp in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 08:15 PM
  4. Vikings plan to continue selling out home games
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 01:26 PM
  5. Selling My Tickets
    By Vikefan76 in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 06:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •