poult is offline Asst. Coach

other notes from the giants game......

heres some other stuff form the article i was reading...........

"* By some miracle, the Vikings kept their record streak of 36 straight games with 300 yards of total offense intact Sunday. The team didn't hit the 300-yard mark until just three minutes remained in the game.
    * Perhaps even more shocking to those who saw the game, the Vikes continued their record-setting streak of 17 straight games averaging more than 4 yards per rushing attempt. That record remained by fluke alone. On three of the last four rushing plays - a 9-yard run by Mewelde Moore , an 8-yard reverse to Nate Burleson and an 11-yard scramble by Daunte Culpepper , the Vikings had just 65 yards on 17 carries. Those last three plays kept the streak going.
    * The Vikings defense had five sacks despite very few blitzes. Convinced the line could dominate the Giants, the defense used more coverage designs and, despite the outcome, got to Kurt Warner early and often.
    * Linebacker Raonall Smith suffered his second concussion in three weeks Sunday - which is a situation that will likely be monitored closely as Chris Claiborne looks to return to the field.
    * VU has been told the most likely candidate to be cut when the team reinstates Onterrio Smith is center Billy Conaty . While a valued role player, with Cory Withrow ready to return, it's unlikely the Vikings would keep three centers on the active roster."

i had no idea of that rushing record. and to hell with 3 centers.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

I think the most intersting thing out of that was the 300 yard consecutive performance. Wiith the offense doing s*** and going many times 3 and out, i expected us to be lower than 300. O well, lucky us.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The same with the consecutive games with over 4 yards per rush. When I looked and it was at 4.7 for the game I was shocked!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

StrahanEatsPepper is offline Training Camp

Well you have to remember that the Vikes had like 150-160 yards on their last 2 drives....so take out the yards from the pass interference call and it's still around 110-120 yards on those 2 drives.....
    And the last few runs helped the other "streak" because with the big lead we had the defense wasn't playing for the run....

I don't think that the penalty counts as offense though.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    The same with the consecutive games with over 4 yards per rush. When I looked and it was at 4.7 for the game I was shocked!

Sorry, didn't read through all the stats of the original post!

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

I dont want to talk about this game!
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166