purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Other games Vikes fans should watch today

Obviously, Vikings fans should be rooting for the Giants to beat the Cowboys this week. Not that I don't have faith in the Vikings ability to keep the train rolling, but the Cowboys are only two games behind the Vikings in the loss column with five games to go. A Cowboys loss, combined with a Vikings win, would give the Vikings a three game lead with only four games left to play, in terms of locking up a first round bye.

And then there are those pesky New Orleans Saints, who would seemingly have little trouble with the Washington Redskins. But the game is at Washington, where the Redskins have all three of their victories this season. The Redskins do have the #7 rated defense in the NFL, allowing only 170 passing yards per game, and the 18.6 points per game allowed by the Redskins defense ranks 10th overall. It's at least a glimmer of hope.

Then, you also have the 49ers at the Seahawks this afternoon. A win would keep the Niners in the hunt for the NFC West title, and they face off at home against the Cardinals next week. While a Niners loss might make the Cards relax a bit more tonight, it might make them play a bit tighter if the Niners are breathing down their backs with a showdown for the division lead the following week. The Niners already beat the Cards in Arizona this season, and the last three games of the Niners schedule are winnable.

The Eagles-Falcons game also should be interesting as the Falcons playoff hopes are on the line, and their schedule down the stretch is very favorable if they win today...and they might successfully beat out the Packers for a playoff spot if they win today.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Re:Other games Vikes fans should watch today

purplepat wrote:
    Obviously, Vikings fans should be rooting for the Giants to beat the Cowboys this week. Not that I don't have faith in the Vikings ability to keep the train rolling, but the Cowboys are only two games behind the Vikings in the loss column with five games to go. A Cowboys loss, combined with a Vikings win, would give the Vikings a three game lead with only four games left to play, in terms of locking up a first round bye.

And then there are those pesky New Orleans Saints, who would seemingly have little trouble with the Washington Redskins. But the game is at Washington, where the Redskins have all three of their victories this season. The Redskins do have the #7 rated defense in the NFL, allowing only 170 passing yards per game, and the 18.6 points per game allowed by the Redskins defense ranks 10th overall. It's at least a glimmer of hope.

Then, you also have the 49ers at the Seahawks this afternoon. A win would keep the Niners in the hunt for the NFC West title, and they face off at home against the Cardinals next week. While a Niners loss might make the Cards relax a bit more tonight, it might make them play a bit tighter if the Niners are breathing down their backs with a showdown for the division lead the following week. The Niners already beat the Cards in Arizona this season, and the last three games of the Niners schedule are winnable.

The Eagles-Falcons game also should be interesting as the Falcons playoff hopes are on the line, and their schedule down the stretch is very favorable if they win today...and they might successfully beat out the Packers for a playoff spot if they win today.
    LETS GO SKINS! KEPP IT UP!

IMissCris is offline Rookie

Yeah....thanks for that, S. Suisham.

As a Vikes fan, it sucks, but here's how I look at it.....the REDSKINS (yes, the ones led by Jason Campbell) just hung 30 on the supposedly vaunted Gregg Williams defense.

TNViking is offline Starter

Can anyone explain why the 'Skins didn't even try for a TD on the 5 yd line with 2 minutes left? They settled for a FG try, missed it and allowed the Saints to come back. HORRIBLE coaching!

Texas Viking is offline Starter

Thanks for nothing Washington. Blahh, both Indy and Saints won. Well, maybe the Giants will win and not make the afternoon a total loss.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I can't even really watch any of these late games. Giants/Cowboys just is uninteresting to me. Two teams I hate. Seahawks/49ers is uninteresting. Chargers/browns is alright, cuz I like the Chargers, but I think i'd rather do some work.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Redskins really are the Deadskins...they blow a chip shot FG in regulation, and fumble in OT. Had it, gave it away. Can't rely on anyone for help.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Exactly! Also, Bushrod, their left tackle, had problems with Orakpo's speedrush. Jared Allen would dominate him all game. It sucks Washington couldn't pull the upset, but they didn't expose a lot of their weaknesses. And if they have that much trouble with Washington, the Vikings would give them fits.

Oops was trying to quote IMissCris, still getting used to the new format I guess
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Hinkle is offline Training Camp

That missed kick made me want to throw up, reminded me of a certain championship game :dry: . That wasn't a fumble, that was a blown call look at his elbows. I feel bad for the skins. After watching that game I came to the conclusion the Saints are overrated. It just added to the confidence I have in our team if we do end up meeting them. I'm pretty angry and took that as if it were a Viking loss.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Typical redskins. So mad about that game.
    We're bringing purple back.