Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: OTAs, Minicamp and Training Camp Schedules

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Because of the overwhelming demand for autographs of Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson, the Vikings will implement a ticket system for the Defensive Line and Running Backs sessions respectively.
    The first 2,000 fans through the gates of Verizon Wireless Vikings Training Camps on those respective dates will receive a scratch-off ticket.
    150 of these tickets will be marked with the respective player’s name.
    Only fans with one of these 150 tickets will be allowed to enter the line for that respective player.
    I would assume that once the Favre signing is announced, the same scratch-off procedure would include Favre.
    Knowing Singer, he will pick the only one that is a Scratch & Sniff of the Cheerleaders Locker Room....

;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Because of the overwhelming demand for autographs of Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson, the Vikings will implement a ticket system for the Defensive Line and Running Backs sessions respectively.
    The first 2,000 fans through the gates of Verizon Wireless Vikings Training Camps on those respective dates will receive a scratch-off ticket.
    Only fans with one of these 150 tickets will be allowed to enter the line for that respective player.
    I would assume that once the Favre signing is announced, the same scratch-off procedure would include Favre.
    Knowing Singer, he will pick the only one that is a Scratch & Sniff of the Cheerleaders Locker Room....

;D
    Nah! I never win at those things. I didn't get to winning AD autograph ticket 2 years ago & got screwed out of gettin JA's & the rest of the DL's autographs 2 years ago at the Draft Party.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D
    Nah! I never win at those things. I didn't get to winning AD autograph ticket 2 years ago & got screwed out of gettin JA's & the rest of the DL's autographs 2 years ago at the Draft Party.
    How did you get screwed? You should have stuck with me.

[img width=450 height=337]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/marstc09/Case.jpg[/img]

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D

[img width=450 height=337]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/marstc09/Case.jpg[/img]
    To lengthy to retype everything, so I'll just post the letter I ended up sending them. (Thanx to NP)

First of all let me apologize for the lateness of this e-mail. When I was at the draft party the gentleman operating the booth that I voiced my concerns to told me to write to the Winter Park office, yet he did not provide an e-mail address. I scoured the internet to find one, but to no avail. Finally I was able to get your & Mr. ****’s e-mail address from a friend on Purplepride.org where I am one of the members.

I also voiced the following concern on my reply to the 2008 Draft Party Survey, but it must have fallen on deaf ears as I have heard nothing back from them.

This was my concern;

I was very, very upset, to say the least at how poor the handling of the autograph sessions were, the people that ran it & how they screwed it up for many people & kept them from getting perhaps a once in a lifetime chance of getting
    autographs.

I for one made sure that I was there by 11:30, so I could go to the Vikings booth & be one of the first to get an Allen jersey before they sold out & then wait in line to have it signed by him at his 3:00 autograph session. I would have gladly waited in line the 3 hours to get it.

Shortly after 1:00, 2 hours before the signing, I went over to get in line for the Allen signing. The young woman who was standing there for security for the current 1:00 session, told me that they WERE NOT allowing anyone to stand in line early for the Allen signing & that I had to leave & come back at 3:00. Then & only then would they allow a line to form for his autograph. I listened to her & decided since no one else would be able to wait either, I’d come back later.

So About an hour later, around 2:00, I returned to the line once again & was told by the very same female security guard, that I could not stand in line to wait to get Allen’s autograph. Once again I was instructed to leave & come back closer to 3:00.

So once again I left & then at 2:35 I went back. I stood in front of where you line up for the autographs & was the first one there. She (the very same woman) approached me & told me that the current autograph session (the one with Lurtzema in it) was closed. I told her that was OK because I was waiting in line for the Allen & the rest of the defensive linemen signing.

That's when she told me to forget about it, that session was closed as well. That's when I went ballistic. I asked her "How the hell could that be? I was there twice before already, the last time just a half hour earlier & both times I was sent away & told to come back at 3:00.

She then told me that people had already been waiting in line for over an hour. I told her, what the hell are you talking about? I was here twice before & you told me you were not allowing anyone to form a line, so how could there be a line? Where was this “mystery line she spoke of?” She pointed to another area away from the autograph booths. I asked her why she hadn’t informed of that twice earlier, but insisted instead that no line was going to be allowed to be formed early & sent me away. She didn't answer, just stood there with a dumb look on her face & told me, "I'm sorry, but that session is closed already."

I then explained to another security guard how I was cheated by the female guard out of getting in line to get my newly acquired Allen jersey & the panel football I just purchased autographed, yet she had allowed others to do it & that I was unaware of this “mystery line”. He had no satisfactory answer either. I then asked him where I could file a complaint because I was pissed as hell & was cheated out of perhaps my one & only chance to get Allen’s & the rest of the front fours autographs. He sent me to Fan Services to make my complaint.

I promptly went over there & explained the whole story to them. He said I was not the only one to complain. Several people got screwed over & were upset that perhaps their one & only chance to get Allen's autograph was gone, even though they were more than willing to wait in line. “There was a lack of communication”, he told me “But there was nothing he could do”. He then told me to file my complaint with Winter Park Monday morning, which I very well intended to do, but nevertheless that didn't help me get my jersey signed.

I searched on the internet but was unable to find either a phone number or an e-mail address until the Draft Party survey came out.

They screwed me over big time. It was the worst handling of autograph sessions I ever seen since I've been going to them. It may very well be my last. Even those who were lucky enough to get into the "mystery line", that only some knew about, said that the line was very chaotic.

I'm still upset yet today about the whole event.

I am a die-hard Vikings fan & have been going to all the Vikings home games, pre-season included, since 2000 & have missed only three of those due to in climate weather. I drive 120 miles one way just to do that. I was also a season ticket holder the past two seasons, but unfortunately finances prevented me from doing so this year. I have also attended training camp three of the past 4 seasons & have attended the Draft Party the past three seasons.

Never in any of those attendances have I seen the handling of autograph sessions come close to how terrible they were run at this years draft party.

Steve Singer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=51725.msg968505#msg968505 date=1247415091]
    [size=13pt]Training Camp Autograph Schedule[/size]

vikings.com

;D

To lengthy to retype everything, so I'll just post the letter I ended up sending them. (Thanx to NP)

First of all let me apologize for the lateness of this e-mail. When I was at the draft party the gentleman operating the booth that I voiced my concerns to told me to write to the Winter Park office, yet he did not provide an e-mail address. I scoured the internet to find one, but to no avail. Finally I was able to get your & Mr. ****’s e-mail address from a friend on Purplepride.org where I am one of the members.

I also voiced the following concern on my reply to the 2008 Draft Party Survey, but it must have fallen on deaf ears as I have heard nothing back from them.

This was my concern;

I was very, very upset, to say the least at how poor the handling of the autograph sessions were, the people that ran it & how they screwed it up for many people & kept them from getting perhaps a once in a lifetime chance of getting
    autographs.

I for one made sure that I was there by 11:30, so I could go to the Vikings booth & be one of the first to get an Allen jersey before they sold out & then wait in line to have it signed by him at his 3:00 autograph session. I would have gladly waited in line the 3 hours to get it.

Shortly after 1:00, 2 hours before the signing, I went over to get in line for the Allen signing. The young woman who was standing there for security for the current 1:00 session, told me that they WERE NOT allowing anyone to stand in line early for the Allen signing & that I had to leave & come back at 3:00. Then & only then would they allow a line to form for his autograph. I listened to her & decided since no one else would be able to wait either, I’d come back later.

So About an hour later, around 2:00, I returned to the line once again & was told by the very same female security guard, that I could not stand in line to wait to get Allen’s autograph. Once again I was instructed to leave & come back closer to 3:00.

So once again I left & then at 2:35 I went back. I stood in front of where you line up for the autographs & was the first one there. She (the very same woman) approached me & told me that the current autograph session (the one with Lurtzema in it) was closed. I told her that was OK because I was waiting in line for the Allen & the rest of the defensive linemen signing.

That's when she told me to forget about it, that session was closed as well. That's when I went ballistic. I asked her "How the hell could that be? I was there twice before already, the last time just a half hour earlier & both times I was sent away & told to come back at 3:00.

She then told me that people had already been waiting in line for over an hour. I told her, what the hell are you talking about? I was here twice before & you told me you were not allowing anyone to form a line, so how could there be a line? Where was this “mystery line she spoke of?” She pointed to another area away from the autograph booths. I asked her why she hadn’t informed of that twice earlier, but insisted instead that no line was going to be allowed to be formed early & sent me away. She didn't answer, just stood there with a dumb look on her face & told me, "I'm sorry, but that session is closed already."

I then explained to another security guard how I was cheated by the female guard out of getting in line to get my newly acquired Allen jersey & the panel football I just purchased autographed, yet she had allowed others to do it & that I was unaware of this “mystery line”. He had no satisfactory answer either. I then asked him where I could file a complaint because I was pissed as hell & was cheated out of perhaps my one & only chance to get Allen’s & the rest of the front fours autographs. He sent me to Fan Services to make my complaint.

I promptly went over there & explained the whole story to them. He said I was not the only one to complain. Several people got screwed over & were upset that perhaps their one & only chance to get Allen's autograph was gone, even though they were more than willing to wait in line. “There was a lack of communication”, he told me “But there was nothing he could do”. He then told me to file my complaint with Winter Park Monday morning, which I very well intended to do, but nevertheless that didn't help me get my jersey signed.

I searched on the internet but was unable to find either a phone number or an e-mail address until the Draft Party survey came out.

They screwed me over big time. It was the worst handling of autograph sessions I ever seen since I've been going to them. It may very well be my last. Even those who were lucky enough to get into the "mystery line", that only some knew about, said that the line was very chaotic.

I am a die-hard Vikings fan & have been going to all the Vikings home games, pre-season included, since 2000 & have missed only three of those due to in climate weather. I drive 120 miles one way just to do that. I was also a season ticket holder the past two seasons, but unfortunately finances prevented me from doing so this year. I have also attended training camp three of the past 4 seasons & have attended the Draft Party the past three seasons.

Never in any of those attendances have I seen the handling of autograph sessions come close to how terrible they were run at this years draft party.

Steve Singer

[/quote]
    I always though autographs were for the kids.

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Autographs are for fans, young & old.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Autographs are for fans, young & old.

+1

Thats fucked up man really

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=51725.msg968505#msg968505 date=1247415091]
    [size=13pt]Training Camp Autograph Schedule[/size]

vikings.com

;D

This was my concern;

autographs.

Steve Singer

[/quote]

You could have found me and budge in with me. You had to know I was in a line. Did you think I was off spanking the monkey to Favre already?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123