Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Opportunity for one of the best things in the world.....REVENGE

I would just like to point out that besides the Lions (who I still consider dangerous, though they shouldnt be), the rest of our season lines up nicely for a sweet serving of in your face payback to a certain degree.

You have the cardinals who single handidly knocked us out of the playoff race a handful of years ago, followed by the dirty birds who destroyed our hopes in 98 imagine the 98 Broncos Vs. 98 Vikings...they took that away from us...then the Giants who have knocked us out of the playoffs multiple times.

Is it irony that this team that has caused so much confusion, anger, and dissapointment this season is actually in position to run the table and avenge in part some of the pains we have all suffered over the past few years?

I guess to make a point of this post I would ask this, if the Vikings run the table, if they win the last four games how will your opinion of this team change if at all? I know there are a lot of people scared to hope yet and some still outright upset over this season so far. How much would beating these specific teams to march into the playoffs mean to you and would it be enough who ville magic to melt your heart?
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Opportunity for one of the best things in the world.....REVENGE

"Del" wrote:
    I would just like to point out that besides the Lions (who I still consider dangerous, though they shouldnt be), the rest of our season lines up nicely for a sweet serving of in your face payback to a certain degree.

You have the cardinals who single handidly knocked us out of the playoff race a handful of years ago, followed by the dirty birds who destroyed our hopes in 98 imagine the 98 Broncos Vs. 98 Vikings...they took that away from us...then the Giants who have knocked us out of the playoffs multiple times.

Is it irony that this team that has caused so much confusion, anger, and dissapointment this season is actually in position to run the table and avenge in part some of the pains we have all suffered over the past few years?

I guess to make a point of this post I would ask this, if the Vikings run the table, if they win the last four games how will your opinion of this team change if at all? I know there are a lot of people scared to hope yet and some still outright upset over this season so far. How much would beating these specific teams to march into the playoffs mean to you and would it be enough who ville magic to melt your heart?
    Don't forget the Giants 41-0 thumping of my favorite team.

I am always hopeful that we can put it together and avenge some of our past embarassments which is why I am inpatient when things aren't going the right way.

I say HELL YEAH, Bring em on and sit em down!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I would just like to point out that besides the Lions (who I still consider dangerous, though they shouldnt be),
    I still remember December 16, 2001. The Lions were 0-12. At Detroit, they beat the Vikings 27-24. I hope history doesn't repeat itself.
    Of course that was the first full year under head coach Mike Tice and the Vikes only won two games that year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

It could play out a lot of strange ways, for instance we could end up facing all 3 of those teams again in the playoffs. Think any team has ever beaten 3 non-division teams twice in one season( 6 consecutive games)?

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:

I see your point about revenge, and that's a great motivational factor. But so few of these guys were even playing/coaching on the Vikings when the Falcons and Giants beat us...I think the Giants would be more likely to remember how we embarrassed them last year right before their historic run.

That said, if the Vikings run the table and end up 11-5, we'd only have to win 3 more games. They might all be road games...que sera, sera. But I love the excitement of being on top of the division and controlling our destiny. The question I have is "does this team really believe they can win it all"?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Careful there boys and girls...

With that.. if it comes down to the Bears or the Vikings.... the choice is pretty simple..

Good luck on the revenge thing though.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    It could play out a lot of strange ways, for instance we could end up facing all 3 of those teams again in the playoffs. Think any team has ever beaten 3 non-division teams twice in one season( 6 consecutive games)?
    Or we could finish 3rd in our division, and be left say "Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS!?"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Or we could finish 3rd in our division, and be left say "Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS!?"
    That position goes to the Pukers. We are up 2 games on them. We should beat Detroit and we are 5-1 at home. We have 2 homes games left.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Careful there boys and girls...

With that.. if it comes down to the Bears or the Vikings.... the choice is pretty simple..

Good luck on the revenge thing though.
    Post of the year. Lol
    I had to think about it a min.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Revenge is a dish best served cold... and it sure is cold in Minnesota.

SKOL VIKINGSSSSSSSSSSSS

Lets stick it to the league and dominate our way into the playoffs. Then when we get the beasts back, watch out for the Purple People Eaters to return!
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast