Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    majek21kg is offline Waterboy

Opinion on Madieu Williams

After watching that PIT vs. BAL game last week, and seeing Polamalu and Ed Reed I was thinking there is no reason why Madieu can't be as good. Maybe not as great as those guys but he has the abilty to have the same kind of impact that those guys have on games. [size=14pt]IF[/size] he can stay healthy, and with Shaper gone or coming back as a backup he should be able to roam the field and make plays.

Now I just want to know if im completly wrong or do u guys feel the same way?

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: Opinion on Madieu Williams

My only issue with MW is whether he can stay healthy.
    When on field, he has made some nice catches and played some decent ball.
    Safety if a position I'm worried about, not because of MW and Tyrell, just what would be left if one or both of them were to get hurt, and we don't resign Sharper.
    The Tampa2 is named for the Safeties, seems pretty important to me to have 2 good ones playing!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Pretty much in agreement with you guys.
    I think Madieu is a great player when he is on the field.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"majek21kg" wrote:
    After watching that PIT vs. BAL game last week, and seeing Polamalu and Ed Reed I was thinking there is no reason why Madieu can't be as good. Maybe not as great as those guys but he has the abilty to have the same kind of impact that those guys have on games. [size=14pt]IF[/size] he can stay healthy, and with Shaper gone or coming back as a backup he should be able to roam the field and make plays.

haha you think sharper would be a back up?

but you cant compare MM to ed reed or troy polmalu. they are elite safeties and game changers.

but i think MM could be a very good saftey in our system if he can actually be on the field more

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "majek21kg" wrote:

haha you think sharper would be a back up?

but you cant compare MM to ed reed or troy polmalu. they are elite safeties and game changers.

but i think MM could be a very good saftey in our system if he can actually be on the field more
    MW is good, but no where near those guys.... first of all, not only to do those guy support the run like no other, but they both will lay the wood on you too!!.. i think those guys are exponentially tougher than MW...

game changer? perhaps, he makes some decent plays, but i look at him as a better version of darren sharper than i compare him to ER and TP.... not even close... and DSharp in his primes is still better than MW..

Nice try though....

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

We're a far better team with him in the game....

I don't think he's in those two's class - they're on par to be two of the best ever... certainly among the elites at any rate.

Madieu is good... if he gets to that level I'll be ecstatic.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

You can't compare a cover 2 safety to a 3-4 safety. Their roles differ greatly.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Polamalu is on another level... and Reed is even better than that.

You can't compare Williams to either of these guys.

He doesn't have Polamalu's impact on the running game, and obviously does not have Reed's impact on the passing game.

Ed Reed might have the best defensive instincts and definitely has the best ballhawking skills around. Polamalu has a nose for the ball as well.

Williams is a good player, he fought injuries for a lot of the season and I expect him to come out even better next season.

I think it comes down to athleticism. Polamalu has great speed and is very explosive.
    Ed Reed is one of the most fluid athletes in the NFL at any position, he runs like a gazelle, makes cuts without losing any speed, he's untouchable when the ball's in his hands. It's almost a waste for him to play safety... even though he's the best in the NFL.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"V" wrote:
    This post makes me want to go on a tangent. Marrdro style.

Does anyone else think our safeties roles have changed or evolved in the Childress era. 3 years ago it seemed like no team could even gain 3-4 yards against our front 7. Now I see more 8 man fronts, that also do very well against the run.

It's almost like as our rush D gets worse, our coaching staff puts more emphasis on stopping the run.

Maybe they are trying to remain the best team against the rush, to try to intimidate opponents into going pass happy, before the game even starts. Allowing our D-line to show up and do what they're best at, pin there ears back and get to the QB.

...Maybe Childress isn't such an idiot after all.

After careful consideration he probably is.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    This post makes me want to go on a tangent. Marrdro style.

Does anyone else think our safeties roles have changed or evolved in the Childress era. 3 years ago it seemed like no team could even gain 3-4 yards against our front 7. Now I see more 8 man fronts, that also do very well against the run.

It's almost like as our rush D gets worse, our coaching staff puts more emphasis on stopping the run.

Maybe they are trying to remain the best team against the rush, to try to intimidate opponents into going pass happy, before the game even starts. Allowing our D-line to show up and do what they're best at, pin there ears back and get to the QB.

...Maybe Childress isn't such an idiot after all.

After careful consideration he probably is.

i don't think their roles have changed much at all.... if anything our defense has gotten better against the pass.. and run d is solid!!...

not sure what your getting at in this post, however, our pass rush got better and with MW in the game, it looked like we were able to play a lot better in the secondary, freeing up griff to play more one on one which allowed him to play more physical and ended up elevating his play...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast