Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Opinion

  1. #21
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Opinion

    Brad is also tough enough to take hits.
    I saw him get pulverized last year against the Giants and he got right back up.
    The good news is I don't think he will be hit much this year behind that line.
    he should be fine barring fluke injuries


  2. #22
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,457

    Re: Opinion

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Christie" wrote:
    you have to remember there is no i in the word "TEAM".
    But there is an "M" and an "E"
    :P
    yea there is no "we" either
    There is T and A however......ohh sorry that was last year.
    ;D

    WWBGD

  3. #23
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Opinion

    Brad shouldn't wear down even if he throws 40+ times a game. Especially when the majority of his passes are going to be short to medium range.

    I guarantee that Chester Taylor will get hurt this season though. 30+ runs a game with 2.8 yards per carry. No doubt in my mind he gets hurt bad enough to miss a few games.

  4. #24
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Opinion

    "RK." wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Christie" wrote:
    you have to remember there is no i in the word "TEAM".
    But there is an "M" and an "E"
    :P
    yea there is no "we" either
    Not sure how it relates to the subject, but there is some "MEAT" in team ;D

    I have to also agree with Del about the likelyhood of Taylor going down to injury. I hope he can go the whole season, but if you look back 15 or so years at our RB's, it is rare for any first string Vikings RB to go a whole season without injury and the second stringers get pretty beat up too.

    I think it is the turf and hopefully they fix that.



    On a side note, what is the status of the turf in the dome? There was talk of switching from astroturf to the new stuff they have in (Detroit?) a few years back that was more like real grass and easier on the body. Did they ever make that switch or did they shelf it?
    There is T and A however......ohh sorry that was last year.
    ;D

  5. #25
    marantzo is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    110

    Re: Opinion


    One thing I was impressed with in Monday night's game and seemed to be missed by most, was Chester Taylor's running. Sure his average gain was not that great, but he was running tough and making the most yards he could with the openings he was given. If he can get a little more room from the blockers I expect great things from him. He is a very good running back and I'm confident that our running game will improve with every outing.

  6. #26
    tke0933's Avatar
    tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    402

    Re: Opinion

    Brad makes good decisions and doesn't turn the ball over very much.
    That will help this team go far.
    Running attacks sometimes take a few games to get everything ironed out.
    We seemed to move the ball on the ground better when Richardson was in as the fullback.

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Opinion

    "vikinginvirginia" wrote:
    [quote]
    "MaddenVodkaAddict" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Christie" wrote:
    you have to remember there is no i in the word "TEAM".
    But there is an "M" and an "E"
    :P
    If you jumble the words around......there is an "EAT"

    Johnson converted a bunch of third and 7, 8, 9's. I would really hate to count on that each week. He wedged a couple of those passes in very tight coverage. I hope the vikes can bring the yards per run up a little to loosen up the third down pressure.

    Oh, and by the way, was anyone else hoping for a naked bootleg on the last drive when the vikes were eating up the clock. The foreskins knew what was coming and I was hoping that Johnson would fake it to Taylor to the left and run to his right. I thought it couldnt hurt because Johnson would have been safe with the ball. Anyway, great win, and gave me lots of ammo with all the redskin people down here.
    Were is down here VikinginVA?
    I am in Newport News.
    Loved the ride up, honking at all the Redskins fans and flashing my tickets.
    The ride back was even better listening to the sports radio callins crying about how our inexperienced coaching staff embarresed Gibb's highly paid, overly hyped staff. What a game.........
    Made it out alive to. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    201

    Re: Opinion

    I am in Lynchburg, but I grew up in Newport News. I had a few friends at the game, all redskin fans. though. Glad you had a great time and were able to see a big road win for our boys!

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Opinion

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Christie" wrote:
    you have to remember there is no i in the word "TEAM".
    But there is an "M" and an "E"
    :P
    yea there is no "we" either
    Not sure how it relates to the subject, but there is some "MEAT" in team ;D

    I have to also agree with Del about the likelyhood of Taylor going down to injury. I hope he can go the whole season, but if you look back 15 or so years at our RB's, it is rare for any first string Vikings RB to go a whole season without injury and the second stringers get pretty beat up too.

    I think it is the turf and hopefully they fix that.



    On a side note, what is the status of the turf in the dome? There was talk of switching from astroturf to the new stuff they have in (Detroit?) a few years back that was more like real grass and easier on the body. Did they ever make that switch or did they shelf it?
    There is T and A however......ohh sorry that was last year.

    ;D
    That ONLY applies to the Fudgepackers!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Opinion

    "vikinginvirginia" wrote:
    "MaddenVodkaAddict" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Christie" wrote:
    you have to remember there is no i in the word "TEAM".
    But there is an "M" and an "E"
    :P
    If you jumble the words around......there is an "EAT"
    Johnson converted a bunch of third and 7, 8, 9's. I would really hate to count on that each week. He wedged a couple of those passes in very tight coverage. I hope the vikes can bring the yards per run up a little to loosen up the third down pressure.

    Oh, and by the way, was anyone else hoping for a naked bootleg on the last drive when the vikes were eating up the clock. The foreskins knew what was coming and I was hoping that Johnson would fake it to Taylor to the left and run to his right. I thought it couldnt hurt because Johnson would have been safe with the ball. Anyway, great win, and gave me lots of ammo with all the redskin people down here.
    I was standing in the stadium thinking the same thing...it all worked out in the end anyway...but it would have been cool if BJ had run for a first down!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I need your OPINION
    By VikesFan787 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 02:16 AM
  2. Just My Opinion
    By Glascus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 07:33 AM
  3. Need Opinion
    By hovan in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 02:41 AM
  4. IN MY OPINION....ITS NOT MUCH
    By Packerguy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:20 AM
  5. My opinion
    By Haneef87 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 07:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •