Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Opening game against the Packers may be the key to the season

Its one game out of 19 people.

Damn :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit :
    And it's that kind of attitude that's going to lose us ball games.
    Hopefully the FO isn't just looking at it as one game out of the season.
    Winning your first game is always a plus, sets a tone, plus winning a division game against the Pack is going to be huge considering I believe that the Vikes and GB might end up tied at the end of the season.
    If we in fact tie at the end of the season and lose out when we could have had this tie breaker will it just be one game?
    Not saying it's a make or break thing but this game might have more weight than people think.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

its a huge key to win the game, buts it only one game

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit :
    Winning your first game is always a plus, sets a tone, plus winning a division game against the Pack is going to be huge considering I believe that the Vikes and GB might end up tied at the end of the season.
    If we in fact tie at the end of the season and lose out when we could have had this tie breaker will it just be one game?
    Not saying it's a make or break thing but this game might have more weight than people think.
    After all of that, if they lost it would still look like 0-1 instead of 1-0.

They are pro athletes.
    If they lose they will start thier week out the same way they did if they win (in most cases).

Guess what, I am sure GB will lose a game or 2 they are supposed to win as well so the ole tie breaker scenario would be out the window as well.

Face it people, the only significance this has is to the fans who want to win so they can rub it in the PUKER fans face the next day.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit :

They are pro athletes.
    If they lose they will start thier week out the same way they did if they win (in most cases).

Guess what, I am sure GB will lose a game or 2 they are supposed to win as well so the ole tie breaker scenario would be out the window as well.

Face it people, the only significance this has is to the fans who want to win so they can rub it in the PUKER fans face the next day.
    ;D
    Did you just read what I wrote?
    It doesn't matter that it's week one, this could be any week of the season.
    The NFC North could be very close with the Pack and losing a division game to them could mean the difference between winning a tie breaker or losing a tie breaker.
    Division games are important, and a division game against our main competitor in the division is even more important.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit :

They are pro athletes.

;D
    The NFC North could be very close with the Pack and losing a division game to them could mean the difference between winning a tie breaker or losing a tie breaker.
    Division games are important, and a division game against our main competitor in the division is even more important.
    LOL, did you just read what I wrote?
    ;D

Of course thier important, but figure the odds we are gonna be tied.
    Again, we will win/lose some and they will win/lose some that aren't expected throwing the tie breaker out the window under my scenario.
    ;D

Comeon. Admit it. You, like me, just want them to win so you can rub it in a PUKER fans face.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit :

They are pro athletes.

;D
    ;D

Again, we will win/lose some and they will win/lose some that aren't expected throwing the tie breaker out the window under my scenario.
    ;D

Comeon. Admit it. You, like me, just want them to win so you can rub it in a PUKER fans face.
    Not really, unlike the majority of other football fans I just enjoy good football.
    There is only one proffesional sports team I despise and it's not because of the players or fans, and that's the New York Yankees.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=44094.msg774007#msg774007 date=1209801578]

gol 'darnit :

They are pro athletes.

;D
    ;D

;D

Not really, unlike the majority of other football fans I just enjoy good football.
    There is only one proffesional sports team I despise and it's not because of the players or fans, and that's the New York Yankees.
    [/quote]
    I'm just jerking your chain.
    Of course its an important game.
    Its just boring on here at night with nothing new to read.
    I hate late night posting.
    ;D

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

What I remember from
    the packer games last season was that we were flat.
    I put all that on the the coaches!
    Not having the team ready for games, especially division rivalries, is inexcusable!
    As long as Chilly has progressed his game plan to involve more screens, shots down field and quick slants then the Vikings could certainly crush the hated packers!
    Going into the home opener full of confidence, I believe we can pressure the heck out of Peyton and be 2 & 0 to start the season! ;D :-*

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    What I remember from
    the packer games last season was that we were flat.
    I put all that on the the coaches!
    Not having the team ready for games, especially division rivalries, is inexcusable!
    As long as Chilly has progressed his game plan to involve more screens, shots down field and quick slants then the Vikings could certainly crush the hated packers!
    Going into the home opener full of confidence, I believe we can pressure the heck out of Peyton and be 2 & 0 to start the season! ;D :-*
    The colts are still the colts, and that will be a real test of our team.
    Beating the packers on the road, also tough.

I would love to start 2-0, but I think more likely it will be 1-1.
    Please vikings prove me wrong

Also, remember we will likely be without Big Mac to aid our running game.
    Not sure it will hurt our passing game yet, as he is sometimes bad in pass protection.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast