Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    An alcohol free section doesn't prevent a parent from getting drunk prior to the game, nor does it prevent him from drinking during the game. It only prevents him from drinking alcohol in that section & alcohol is not sold in that section.

All he needs to do is drink his beer in the concourse before returning to his seat. The stadium is smoke free, but that doesn't prevent hundreds of smokers from smoking during the game. They simply go to where it's allowed & return to their seats after smoking one or two.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Are Vikings fans unruly?
    Has unruly fan behavior at Vikings games discouraged you from attending games at the Metrodome?

Yes. It's safer and more enjoyable to watch on TV - 65%

No. I don't notice any big problems at the stadium - 19%

I don't know. I haven't been to a game in years - 17%

Votes Cast: 313

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Are Vikings fans unruly?
    Has unruly fan behavior at Vikings games discouraged you from attending games at the Metrodome?

Yes. It's safer and more enjoyable to watch on TV - 65%

No. I don't notice any big problems at the stadium - 19%

I don't know. I haven't been to a game in years - 17%

Votes Cast: 313
    Correction:

There's no crying in football - 1 Vote

Votes Cast - 314

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    From that article:

And it sounds like the Vikings might go a step further in their new stadium.
    "While we currently do not have a 'family zone' [seating area] at Mall of America Field, we certainly are exploring options to include such a zone in our new stadium, as well as during our time at TCF Bank Stadium."
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Ranger is offline Coach
    Somebody should buy that "dad" and his kid some hers-and-hers tampons.

LIVike is offline Starter
    Never really experienced any truly unruly fans at a Vikings game. People standing and showing frustration yes its a sporting event what do you expect. People curse when they get mad. People like this should go to any sporting event in Philly or a Jets game if they want to see rude fans. Kid would be scared shitless and possibly puked on intentionally.
    None

Hate to say it but the guy is going to have to stop being a fan of the entire NFL, and sport of football then.

It's going to be the same thing at any other stadium you go to. There will always be the fans on both sides that have too much to drink, or get rowdy during games. It's something you just have to expect when going to the games.

Heck I go to Boise State games all the time. They don't sell alcohol in the stadium what so ever. That doesn't stop the fans from getting wasted outside tailgating and sneaking flasks and what not into the stadium. I'd say at least 1/2 the people in the stadium have alcohol in their system.

I also think I've witnessed at least one fight or completely trashed jerk in every live football game I have been to.

Me and my dad went to the Seattle game this year and watched a Seahawk fan knock a viking fans beer all over him for no reason what so ever. Isn't Seattle supposed to be known for a bunch of liberal coffee drinking hippies? It happens everywhere..

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    While I think the letter writer could have handled it a bit differently - i.e. set realistic expectations and/or make it a teaching moment - and I don't think they have a right to blame the Vikings in this regard... I ALSO don't agree with people bashing him and especially his kid. Come on people, we aren't green bay fans here... leave the kid alone.

Exceedingly drunk and unruly fans are NOT necessarily a part of football. Standing, cheering, and yelling is. Hell, I have been known to tie one or ten on at a game. But I also don't lose control of myself. I get it, it happens, but that doesn't make it right, and it certainly doesn't make it a part of the game.

I really like the idea of a family section in the new stadium. Let people choose to sit in an area where the chances of experiencing that kind of behavior is reduced. Model it after the Twins stadium, where the family area is not only very clearly marked on the ticket, but also not the cheapest seats so you don't have to worry about college kids who can't afford any more.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

An alcohol free section doesn't prevent a parent from getting drunk prior to the game, nor does it prevent him from drinking during the game. It only prevents him from drinking alcohol in that section & alcohol is not sold in that section.

All he needs to do is drink his beer in the concourse before returning to his seat. The stadium is smoke free, but that doesn't prevent hundreds of smokers from smoking during the game. They simply go to where it's allowed & return to their seats after smoking one or two.
    Or as I often see, some fans like to make the bathroom one of those zones. I sometimes wonder how all those skunks get in the stadium

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast