Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

An open letter to Vikings brass

An open letter to Vikings brass

An open letter to Vikings brass | StarTribune.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what the Vikings can do to change the behavior and mentality of society in general.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    I feel sorry for the kid a little...but, come on Dad, it's an NFL game, what did you expect.

It's a good thing he didn't take his son to a game in Philadelphia or Oakland

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I feel sorry for the kid a little...but, come on Dad, it's an NFL game, what did you expect.

It's a good thing he didn't take his son to a game in Philadelphia or Oakland
    I thought his mom wrote the letter....hey if you get the really cheap seats you sit with the younger rowdy beer drinkers I used to do that but I did manage to pay a bit more when I had a family and took them to an event. As for the standing and yelling, well my kids have seen me watch a game at home say the loss to the Cards to get bounce from a chance at the playoffs or the Saints loss, they have also heard me jump and cheer too.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It sucks that he and his son had a bad experience. For the most part, the fans in the Vikings stadium are pretty respectful. Yeah, there are fans who get drunk and obnoxious, but from my experience bringing my kids they usually tone it down considerably when there are kids around. I have been bringing my kids to games since my son was 2. But standing, yelling, etc... these are all part of the game day experience.

The Vikings do have systems in place to report and address issues.

My guess is that the Vikings will reach out to this person in some way to help appease the young fan. It is a little cost for a lot of good PR. But all in all I don't think it is a rampant problem in Minnesota.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Good thing his kid isn't an Eagles fan. They would never attend a game.

WWBGD

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... so as I understand it:

Son bought Cheap seats where all the drunk college kids sit
    Drunk college kids are rowdy as it is.
    During a game you are EXPECTED to be standing and loud
    Drunk college kids were standing and rowdy
    Dad got butthurt and wrote a letter to the Vikings.

Hey 'dad' next time, stay home and watch on your flatscreen, do us all a favour.

That's what happens at games. People cheer, people are standing. You live with it. You don't go to games for the view, you go for the gameday experience. seems like dad and son are better off watching from home.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    The new twins stadium has a wonderful alcohol free family section, the Vikings new stadium should too.

I think while thousands of fans are drinking, and hundreds of fans are drunk, the vast majority are respectful. I've never heard anyone yelling during the national anthem.

Standing during the game should be expected, especially when we're on defense, unfortunately when everyone is standing kids probably can't see much of the game.

I think the vast majority of kids that go to games have a great time, but with 60,000 people not everyone is going to leave happy.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    The new twins stadium has a wonderful alcohol free family section, the Vikings new stadium should too.

I think while thousands of fans are drinking, and hundreds of fans are drunk, the vast majority are respectful. I've never heard anyone yelling during the national anthem.

Standing during the game should be expected, especially when we're on defense, unfortunately when everyone is standing kids probably can't see much of the game.

I think the vast majority of kids that go to games have a great time, but with 60,000 people not everyone is going to leave happy.
    THAT is a very, very good point. I have only been to the Twins stadium once, so I forgot about the family section. If I'm not mistaken, you get a hot dog and a drink with the price of the ticket too.

I hope the Vikings take note of that and do something similar. I realize the ticket prices are more expensive in the family sections, but I think if there was a single section of family seats, it would sell out every game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Not so much a fan of that idea.

Baseball is a much more relaxed game to attend than football. People cheer, people yell, sometimes profanities, but the general atmosphere is much more relaxed. Easier to spot and remove the drunk assholes. Tickets are cheaper, there are a ton of games.

In the case of football, a 60,000K seat stadium with a no-alcohol policy in a few sections would cause some issues. Especially in the resale market. If I drove down for a game buying tickets on stub-hub and it turns out that's an alcohol free section I wouldn't be too happy. Not the end of the world, but nonetheless. I don't see it happening, I'm not sure any NFL stadium has that sort of policy. If I knew going in, then fine, but that's a bit of a surprise.

If you want a 'nice' gameday experience, pony up a bit of extra cash and buy a better ticket. If you can't do that, you should expect anything from annoying fans, to fights, to guys banking on the ventalation along the back walls. Deal with it.

Just be glad we're not like Buffalo, that place is a shit-show. Doesn't matter where you sit. I had row 14 lower level tickets and there were fights all around me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast