Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    NaughtyWord is offline Rookie

An Open Letter to the Viking Franchise.

Brad, may I call you Brad?
    Can I have a moment of your time please?

Okay, now I know you and I have had our disagreements, and I'm more than willing to put those aside, however I do have a few prerequisites that must be met.
    Next week is the divisional championship against the Bears.
    I wish it didn't come down to this but we need to talk.

Can I get you to move past the run-run-pass offense?
    I'm not asking for much.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Peterson as much as an Vikes fan, but can I get you to call more passing plays?
    Even if they are unsuccessful, it'll open the field up for Peterson to run more plays.

While we're talking about Peterson, can I get you to including him in your short passing routes?
    I mean for as explosive as he is, you put him BEHIND the linebackers, the secondary has little chance of stopping this bullet train.

Time is everything Brad, can I get you to prohibit time-outs before the 4th quarter?
    I'll lose the yardage for to many men on the field or delay of game.
    Don't use that critical time out that could and probably should be used in the fourth quarter.

Speaking about quarters, if we win the initial toss, opt to defend.
    We do much better if we get the ball on the start of the second half.
    Oh, and do tell the players that the football can be handled a bit harder than a loaf of bread.

To Gus, you're much better than T.Jack, don't get me wrong, but can I get you to not throw a few interceptions?
    You aren't Farve, Brady, or Cutler, get used to it.
    Just throw the safe passes please.

AP you're my boy, but can I get you to hold the football a little better, these fumbles are atrocious.

Oh brad, throw a few more plays toward CT, it'll keep the defense on their toes.

Barrian, can you earn your multimillion dollar contract please?

Zygi, I know you and Brad are circle jerk buddies and all, but if we don't win this game against Chicago, will you please fire Brad?
    Ask Chris Carter if he'd like to coach.

If you all take these steps, you should be able to beat the snot out of Chicago.
    This is a game we absolutely cannot afford to lose.
    We cannot count on a wildcard.
    Leading our division is the only way to secure our seat in the playoffs.

I hope Goodell chokes on his next meal.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Re: An Open Letter to the Viking Franchise.

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    Brad, may I call you Brad?
    Can I have a moment of your time please?

Okay, now I know you and I have had our disagreements, and I'm more than willing to put those aside, however I do have a few prerequisites that must be met.
    Next week is the divisional championship against the Bears.
    I wish it didn't come down to this but we need to talk.

I'm not asking for much.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Peterson as much as an Vikes fan, but can I get you to call more passing plays?
    Even if they are unsuccessful, it'll open the field up for Peterson to run more plays.

While we're talking about Peterson, can I get you to including him in your short passing routes?
    I mean for as explosive as he is, you put him BEHIND the linebackers, the secondary has little chance of stopping this bullet train.

Time is everything Brad, can I get you to prohibit time-outs before the 4th quarter?
    Don't use that critical time out that could and probably should be used in the fourth quarter.

Oh, and do tell the players that the football can be handled a bit harder than a loaf of bread.

To Gus, you're much better than T.Jack, don't get me wrong, but can I get you to not throw a few interceptions?

AP you're my boy, but can I get you to hold the football a little better, these fumbles are atrocious.

Oh brad, throw a few more plays toward CT, it'll keep the defense on their toes.

Zygi, I know you and Brad are circle jerk buddies and all, but if we don't win this game against Chicago, will you please fire Brad?

If you all take these steps, you should be able to beat the snot out of Chicago.

This was a good idea for a post, but I can only agree with maybe half the stuff you wrote.

You lost a lot of credibility when you said Frerrote was "much" better than TJ.
    Have you watched the games recently?

The playcalling has improved lately, it's just that Frerrotte is sucking harder every game.

You can't blame Berrian when the QB is not getting the ball to him.
    You can blame him for some bad drops that led to INTs though.

However, I agree that Wilf and the circle-jerk crew should can Brad if he doesn't get us to the playoffs this season.
    I agree that the playcalling can still get better.
    I also agree that we should include Peterson in more passing plays, which we seem to be trying lately.

Good post though (no sarcasm).
    Keep them coming!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I like the thought, but not your letter, for the most part. Against the Bears, imo, we should go to run, run, run. Bring Taylor, hell even Tahi and Kleinsaucer. I would guess after the steller RB that Grant is hanging 140+ on the Bears, we can run the ball. Unless they put 10 in the box...then BBerrian will indeed continue to earn his contract. Gus thowing it 3 or 4 times to the bears? Yep. We will loose. But really that pales in comparison to our ST. Last game, KAO actually made an appearance and it was AWESOME. The D showed up, but we let them sneak out with a win, because of our ST. I am thinking, we win this one, letter or no letter. The D will bail us out.

keystonevike is offline Starter

You are so right when you state that this is a game we definitely cannot afford to lose.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I hope coach's do not listen to fans.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yeah, because they would be pretty confused if they did.
    We have half of Vikings Country demanding that AD get the ball at least 30 times a game, and the other half writing letters asking them to pass it more often...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Well, to be fair, you tried... but I don't know what I think of the letter...

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    I'm not asking for much.
    We are already passing the ball about 50% of the time, and to be honest, I think that is too much.
    The playcalling myth is played out and simply wrong.
    The truth is we don't do that every time.
    Or even most of the time.
    Sometimes? Sure... so does every team.

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    I can agree with that.
    I would like to see AD in on more passing plays.
    Part of me wonders why he isn't more involved... maybe it has something to do with what the coaches see in practice.

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    Interesting.
    I don't know what to think of that.
    Have we had a problem with not having time outs in the final minutes of the game.
    I don't really remember any situation that would warrant this drastic of a move... Not disagreeing, just curious as to your reasoning.

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    I believe we have deferred to the second half every time we won the toss this year.
    So I don't understand this point either.

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    I think Gus and Tjack are about as bad as each other.
    Gus needs to be told to stop trying to make plays with his feet, and I read that Childress told him that in no uncertain words after the Jax game.

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    He's only lost 4 fumbles this year.
    The timing of some of them was atrocious, but I don't think we have a fumble problem here.

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    What is wrong with the way we have been using CT?
    He is our third down back, and gets a nice mix of pass and runs plays.

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    I guess I am not too fired up about this either.
    He has had some nice plays each week since the Houston game.

"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    Well, first of all, it is Cris Carter.
    Come on now.
    Second, firing a coach in the middle of a season, especially if the team is still very much in the hunt for the divisional title, is just plain stupid.
    And why throw the insults at Zygi - he is easily the best owner we have had.

I"NaughtyWord" wrote:
    f you all take these steps, you should be able to beat the snot out of Chicago.
    Well, I agree that this is a game we cannot afford to lose.
    But overall, the letter was rather pointless.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Quote from: NaughtyWord on Today at 06:49:26 am

He has?

3 games, 4 receptions, 56 yards, 0 TD's doesn't show me nice plays.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Blog Entries

"Braddock" wrote:
    Quote from: NaughtyWord on Today at 06:49:26 am

He has?

3 games, 4 receptions, 56 yards, 0 TD's doesn't show me nice plays.
    Maybe you should watch the games then...

1-10-JAC 17
    (14:06) 87-B.Berrian right end to JAC 3 for 14 yards (25-R.Nelson).
    2-7-JAC 35
    (11:10) 87-B.Berrian left end to JAC 27 for 8 yards (27-R.Mathis). MV7 in at QB.
    4-11-JAC 49
    (5:40) 3-A.Podlesh punts 39 yards to MIN 12, impetus ends at MIN 12, Center-88-J.Zelenka. 87-B.Berrian to MIN 31 for 19 yards (33-G.Jones). Penalty on JAC-42-C.Nkang, Interference with Opportunity to Catch, declined.

1-10-TB 43
    (1:06) 12-G.Frerotte pass deep right to 87-B.Berrian to TB 27 for 16 yards (31-P.Buchanon) [97-J.Wilkerson]. PENALTY on TB-97-J.Wilkerson, Roughing the Passer, 14 yards, enforced at TB 27.
    3-3-MIN 36
    (6:18) 12-G.Frerotte pass short right to 87-B.Berrian to MIN 47 for 11 yards (31-P.Buchanon).
    1-10-TB 48
    (1:41) 12-G.Frerotte pass deep right to 87-B.Berrian to TB 29 for 19 yards (31-P.Buchanon).

1-10-MIN 34
    (14:53) 12-G.Frerotte pass deep left to 87-B.Berrian to HOU 11 for 55 yards (26-E.Wilson; 35-J.Reeves).
    3-3-HOU 49
    (6:19) 12-G.Frerotte pass short left to 87-B.Berrian for 49 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

A lot of those were some decent YAC - and the two end outs against Jax were great.
    I also see him doing a decent job on routes, getting open even if Gus couldn't get him the ball.
    And I know of at least two good blocks that come to mind, probably more.

So no, I am not all fired up over any lack of performance by Berrian.
    He has shown us that he does have big game threat, and as soon as we get a QB worth a pooh, it will be more evident.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    QFT.

There was a quote from a coach that said, " If a coach listens to fans, he will soon be sitting beside them."

“What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast