Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: An Open Letter to Minnesota Vikings Fans(Harvin)

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Harvin's a man child, I still think the vast majority of Viking fans are actually underestimating him and don't have a very good grasp of who he really is, personality wise.

Truth be told I've "never" seen an athlete like him, as versitle, intense, focused, the naturaul knack for the game and the aceleration is incredible.. People will know when the ball is in his hands. ROY would not surprise me, especailly with Favre in control of the offense.

I told a friend of mine today... "It feels like stealing candy... getting a guy like Harvin that late in the draft and adding him to what we already have".

This team is incredibly stacked and the Offense is looking more like a Top 10. Health is key and if we can do that I don't think many teams will beat us this season. We got every tool in the bag, it all comes down to execution.
    Almost every tool...you forgetting the QB position? And please don't say Sage has got it covered, or that Favre (ugh) makes the difference, because he isn't a Viking......yet (thank God). I definitly agree we have all the "other" pieces though.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Harvin's a man child, I still think the vast majority of Viking fans are actually underestimating him and don't have a very good grasp of who he really is, personality wise.

Truth be told I've "never" seen an athlete like him, as versitle, intense, focused, the naturaul knack for the game and the aceleration is incredible.. People will know when the ball is in his hands. ROY would not surprise me, especailly with Favre in control of the offense.

I told a friend of mine today... "It feels like stealing candy... getting a guy like Harvin that late in the draft and adding him to what we already have".

This team is incredibly stacked and the Offense is looking more like a Top 10. Health is key and if we can do that I don't think many teams will beat us this season. We got every tool in the bag, it all comes down to execution.
    That is incredibly interesting.Please elaborate on you as a fan were able to gain insight into his mental state that allowed you to get that particular grasp we are all missing. I feel you could really open minds with a full page thesis on the subject. I bet there are things that would make us proud.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

It's pretty clear that our WR corps needed an upgrade and I think Harvin is the perfect fit here. Nothing is ever certain with rookies, but he should give our offense a well needed boost, and his big play ability should be awesome. I expect him to contribute early and often.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

raptorman is offline Starter

From a fans perspective. I have to look at the last two WR's the Vikings picked up due to "drug" issues. One was named Cris Carter and the other was Randy Moss. I'll gladly take a chance on the kid. Besides, hes all of what, 21 years old?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Almost every tool...you forgetting the QB position? And please don't say Sage has got it covered, or that Favre (ugh) makes the difference, because he isn't a Viking......yet (thank God). I definitly agree we have all the "other" pieces though.
    Without any for seen major event, I think Favre is right on track to becoming the QB. I would be shocked if it didn't happen. Everything is in place, the timing is right and I have a good feeling about that Arm.

I wanted Favre and do want Favre to QB the team... I said that before FA ever began. So yes, he's the chosen one to QB the Offense. I feel good about the decision and feel it's beneficial.

I been telling the Favre Haters to prepare theresevles for the inevitable. Simply stated... It's going to Happen.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

That is incredibly interesting.Please elaborate on you as a fan were able to gain insight into his mental state that allowed you to get that particular grasp we are all missing. I feel you could really open minds with a full page thesis on the subject. I bet there are things that would make us proud.

Anyone with decent Talent Evaluting should be able to see the passion, even if it's a highlight film. Harvin has mental drive and focus for the sport, you can also see it in his interviews, this is undeniable and very easy to spot if you know what your doing. He highly competitive, the upmost competitor, like Favre, like Peterson, like Jared Allen. Identifying this is not rocket science at all, hell it's not even a secret so I definitly wouldn't consider it "missing". In your case you admited you had not even watched one tape of Harvin, so I'm not surprised at all that your missing out on whats there to be found.

krawll is offline Waterboy

Harvin is a rookie... if he busts a couple TDs in a real game scenario ... then I'll stand up and start cheering... my enthusiasm is not given... its earned!

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    And please don't say .... , or that Favre (ugh) makes the difference, because he isn't a Viking......yet (thank God).

** hugs his viking Favre doll **

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Without any for seen major event, I think Favre is right on track to becoming the QB. I would be shocked if it didn't happen. Everything is in place, the timing is right and I have a good feeling about that Arm.

I wanted Favre and do want Favre to QB the team... I said that before FA ever began. So yes, he's the chosen one to QB the Offense. I feel good about the decision and feel it's beneficial.

I been telling the Favre Haters to prepare theresevles for the inevitable. Simply stated... It's going to Happen.
    Oh I know for sure it's a done deal, doesn't mean I have to sellout and like it.
    I'm sticking to my guns, this guy is and always will be a Packer to me, and for him to want to "use " my team for his one last shot of glory, sickens me, and I don't care how many of you think I'm nuts. Iknow, this is getting off topic. Sorry just venting!

Absolutly, everyone has a right to their own opinion.

gatorsfirst is offline Waterboy

Hey guys, this is the author.
    Thanks for all the feedback!

I was just worried about the kind of reception Harin would get, not knowing if the average NFL fan had any idea that for his entire Gator career he was not only a once-in-a-lifetime talent, but NEVER a "character issue". I get tired of media types piling on the same storylines, and was trying to point out where they were wrong, or at least playing up a fairly minor incident.

And I always thought he'd be one of the candidates for the top pick when he left, sort of like Reggie Bush. He is that sort of talent, but more of a natural at receiver. Not sure what NFL fans think of Bush any more, as he exists in NO primarily for the swing pass, but I still think Percy makes the difference for a couple Viking W's this year, and he was definitetly a steal that low.

I'm no expert on NFL football, so I didn't want to put too much emphasis on how I project his talents... but I didn't want our man to start off on the wrong foot with the Minnesota folks. If the reason he slipped was "character issues", then no doubt you got a steal because those just aren't there.
    Projecting college talents to the pros is always tough, so calling anyone a "lock" would be folly... however, I think he's a better player than damn near 20 of the people drafted above him.
    Point being, if it's his talent or transition to the pros being the question mark, that's one thing... but if the drop in the draft was because of the single failed drug test... you guys got really, really lucky.
    To the point that I wonder if Brad Childress lit up with him, to make sure they had a shot at him.

However he got to the Twin Cities, we're all rooting for him.

-James

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast