Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

An Open Letter to Minnesota Vikings Fans(Harvin)

Sorry I thought this deserved its own thread But a nice read. I
    did contact the writer and invited him to check out PPO so hopefully he decides to check us out. Definatly seeing alot of things that we as Vikings fans have felt as well.

http://gatorsfirst.com/index.php/florida-gators-sports-news/gatorsfirst/an-open-letter-to-minnesota-vikings-fans.html

Written by James Brown

Wednesday, 08 July 2009

This letter is to ensure you realize the joy you are about to experience watching Percy Harvin these coming years. He is leaving our Gator-centric world and entering yours, and if you feel anything but giddy, I am here to let you in on what you’re about to receive.

Percy Harvin is a fantastically talented player. And any ‘character issues’ the draft talking heads have been feeding you are complete fabrication.

Florida fans used to be frustrated with Dan Mullen. They thought his offense was too predictable, either the Harvin or Tim Tebow show. The truth is, if the offense was getting stale, and needed a play, we needed the ball in Percy Harvin’s hands. He’d run that deadly counter (just ask South Carolina, first vid, or Arkansas, second vid), or take a direct snap. The guy is a game changer.

His early career was hurt by injuries. These were a product of a heel condition he should have straightened out by now. Our training and coaching staffs, in addition to visiting NFL scouts, often were quoted as saying he was one of the toughest players they’d witnessed play the game. I’d say he is less injury-prone, and more a guy who offensive coordinators NEED to touch the ball, and are thus more likely to get nicked up now and again. He will single-handedly win you football games when he is in the lineup.

I have to address the “character concerns”. There was never one issue or one problem with Percy Harvin as a Florida Gator. Then, in the time between his declaring for the draft and the actual draft, we hear about all these “character issues”? What gives? They brought up an on-field altercation with a high school coach, and of course the rumored failed drug test. This is hardly worthy of the comparisons to Randy Moss (had to go to Marshall instead of FSU) and others. I think the NFL Draft guys just need to have the 3-4 “character issues” guys to discuss every year, and they forced Harvin into the mold. He’s a great guy, and every team in the world would be lucky to have him.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: An Open Letter to Minnesota Vikings Fans(Harvin)

Nice perspective!

I personally think this deserves its own thread.
    If it starts to sound like the other thread, it may get merged.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

He's ok in my book, unless he screws up. Can't go by what if or maybe's. Let the guy prove or disprove himself before passing judgement. In my opinion, I think he'll be a keeper.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Right lets at least give this guy a serious chance to show up to camp and he's what he's got.
    either way I am looking forward to seeing what this guy is gonna bring on the field.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I'm looking for Percy to be a lightning bolt in our offense, providing another home-run threat every time he touches the ball. He is going to make this offense come together, freeing up others by creating mismatches as a decoy, and Adrian, Berian, Wade, Rice, and our QB will all benefit with Harvin on the field.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I'm personally glad there was all the talk of "character issues" if not he would have gone much earlier in the draft and he wouldn't be a Viking.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"gagarr" wrote:
    I'm personally glad there was all the talk of "character issues" if not he would have gone much earlier in the draft and he wouldn't be a Viking.
    Yup! I was stoked when he failed the drug test
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Homerism

I think he will be a nice decoy tho

I hope for big things.. I just don't know yet if he will be a polished WR for a few years

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

college success =/= pro

that said...I want to see what the kid has.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Harvin's a man child, I still think the vast majority of Viking fans are actually underestimating him and don't have a very good grasp of who he really is, personality wise.

Truth be told I've "never" seen an athlete like him, as versitle, intense, focused, the naturaul knack for the game and the aceleration is incredible.. People will know when the ball is in his hands. ROY would not surprise me, especailly with Favre in control of the offense.

I told a friend of mine today... "It feels like stealing candy... getting a guy like Harvin that late in the draft and adding him to what we already have".

This team is incredibly stacked and the Offense is looking more like a Top 10. Health is key and if we can do that I don't think many teams will beat us this season. We got every tool in the bag, it all comes down to execution.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast