Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Onterrio Smith Will be Welcomed Back by Vikings

"olson_10" wrote:
    i hope we use him in goal-line and short yardage situations..we really need somebody to fill moe's role, and onterrio can do it even better than moe did
    If he's on the roster I don't think he'll be limited like that. This is going out on a limb but I'm envisioning more of a Priest, Larry Johnson, Tony backfield with these three. Smith and Taylor can each be productive with Taylor still being the #1 back and Smith being used more than just a goal- line guy. I do agree that he'd probably be our best guy on the goal-line I'm just saying that I think his role can be bigger than Moe's.

[color=red]

faninphx is offline Starter

HMMMM.....
    I thought we had written him off a long time ago. I was impressed w/ his ability in 2004 and I guess America is about 2nd chances (or 3rd or 4th). At least there's very little risk involved. I'm just curious about what kind of shape he's in.

SnoSho is offline Rookie

Course this all pends on Childress agreeing with Zygi on this. Not sure how Childress is on 3rd chances.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

IF we keep him this will be his LAST chance to make an impact.

4 strikes already in the NFL Substance Abuse Policy, 1 year already away from football...this guy had better be working his TAIL off to prove he deserves to be here.

The sad part is, he has amazing natural ability. He COULD have been a premier back...instead, he's simply a Ricky Williams wanna-be.

I believe we still have him under contract - if not, I'm certain we can get him for cheap - either way, he's worth a shot. It's not like we're out anything really if he flops.

And, if he pulls his head out and becomes another Koren Robinson, we have ourselves a nice stable of capable RB's.

Caine

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    i hope we use him in goal-line and short yardage situations..we really need somebody to fill moe's role, and onterrio can do it even better than moe did
    If he's on the roster I don't think he'll be limited like that. This is going out on a limb but I'm envisioning more of a Priest, Larry Johnson, Tony backfield with these three. Smith and Taylor can each be productive with Taylor still being the #1 back and Smith being used more than just a goal- line guy. I do agree that he'd probably be our best guy on the goal-line I'm just saying that I think his role can be bigger than Moe's.
    i agree with that..but if we happen to be featuring chester (considering how much we paid him) then onterrio would be fantastic in that role..we dont have any other backs that put their head down and go right into the line like onterrio
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:

4 strikes already in the NFL Substance Abuse Policy, 1 year already away from football...this guy had better be working his TAIL off to prove he deserves to be here.

The sad part is, he has amazing natural ability. He COULD have been a premier back...instead, he's simply a Ricky Williams wanna-be.

I believe we still have him under contract - if not, I'm certain we can get him for cheap - either way, he's worth a shot. It's not like we're out anything really if he flops.

And, if he pulls his head out and becomes another Koren Robinson, we have ourselves a nice stable of capable RB's.

Caine
    exactly..you cant really write him off for his history quite yet..didnt koren have 3 strikes against him with alcohol related problems? i just know he was suspended for his drinking, and now hes a pro bowler..we can use smith in a backup/goal-line role until we find out just how committed he is to his career, and then find out if he deserves a chance at being featured in our offense
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Jeremy is offline Starter

IMO he is the most talented RB on the roster. He has the speed to take it the distance and the leg drive to move the pile.

There isn't a RB on the roster that can move the pile with Moe Williams gone. We have three 3rd down backs with Taylor, Moore, and Fason. All of them are more quick than fast. They all lack top end speed and size. They can all catch the ball out of the backfeild.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "LAVike" wrote:
    Gotta see what the kid can do. We should get first crack at him anyway. Hopefully Koren can keep him in check. I'd hate to just dump his talent.
    Being a drunk and being a pot head are two different things. If certain people here were so dead set on getting rid of pep for being a "non team player". Being kicked out of the league for refusing to change your habits after being warned that many times is not being a team first type of player. It was all about him and his pot, if he cared about the team he would have seeked a better way to quit or hide it rather than using a fake white d!ick to cover his problem. I say if they want to rid players for being non team players he should be gone as well.
    Then they also shouldn't have signed Tank Willaims who got a DUI in Feburary. He was arrested about a month before they signed him.

The whole "Childress is cleaning up the riff-raff" is way over blown. Smoot and McKinnie would be gone if that was the case. Kevin Willaims would be gone too for assulting his wife.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "LAVike" wrote:
    Gotta see what the kid can do. We should get first crack at him anyway. Hopefully Koren can keep him in check. I'd hate to just dump his talent.
    Being a drunk and being a pot head are two different things. If certain people here were so dead set on getting rid of pep for being a "non team player". Being kicked out of the league for refusing to change your habits after being warned that many times is not being a team first type of player. It was all about him and his pot, if he cared about the team he would have seeked a better way to quit or hide it rather than using a fake white d!ick to cover his problem. I say if they want to rid players for being non team players he should be gone as well.
    Then they also shouldn't have signed Tank Willaims who got a DUI in Feburary. He was arrested about a month before they signed him.

The whole "Childress is cleaning up the riff-raff" is way over blown. Smoot and McKinnie would be gone if that was the case. Kevin Willaims would be gone too for assulting his wife.

being a drunk, pothead, WoWhead all of it.. it's all phycological.. a vice is something you believe you need.. some vice's actually cuase physical conditions that aid the phycological..

just to say that O.s is a problem child and let him go.. well we're talking about lots of Big Boys who play a physical game.. wonder then why they carry some of that physicalness off the field, or how they keep it from entering their life.

my hopes. O.s comes back and makes the tandem of C.t and we just blow teams away with the combo.. who's gonna get it.. and if B.j can get that play fake down pat.. then it's all open!!!

ugg. it's monday and in can't wake up..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    well said - classic case of having the ability and talent to go far but, as yet, has not chosen to use it properly. If Childress is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt then fair enough, but he won't be forgiving if Smith is not willing to put in the work and prove that he has changed his ways. Recent years have shown that the successful teams need depth at RB, we may just be getting to that stage.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast