Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    nsavarirayan is offline Rookie

Re: Onterrio and NFL Hypocrisy

Here is another one I can't explain:
    Leonard Little friggen KILLED a mother in his drunken stupor while driving, then he went to the pro-bowl for the Rams.

Del Rio Guest

They cannot police that though. And it is up to the team to decide to punish them first. Usually if the Government does it then they figure that was enough.

If you want your ticket prices to go up 100.00 then the NFL can hire thier own private investigators to police and gather facts.

As far as Lewis goes....

Prior to the 2004 season, Lewis was charged with attempting distributing cocaine. The charges stemmed from a federal sting initiated prior to Lewis being drafted by the Ravens. Since Lewis violated the NFL drug policy, commissioner Paul Tagliabue suspended Lewis for two games in the 2004 season. Lewis later plea-bargained to reduced charges and on January 26, 2005 Lewis was sentenced to four months in prison, two months in a halfway house, and 500 hours of community service.

This was something that was done even before he was part of the NFL something in his past. I think that Paul T. even suspended him was a shocker. It's stright across the board on drug policy. Same suspensions for everyone.

Now if you want them to create a spouse abuse policy and a gun policy and whatever else, and try to enforce it as night and day as they can drugs it just isn't going to happen. And we would be watching Judge Judy instead of football.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

SOD knew the rules and he willingly chose to break them. Now he is paying for it.

If you speed and get caught, you pay. You knew the consequences but decided to disobey the rules anyways.

"nsavarirayan" wrote:
    God I just read how Sean Taylor will be playing in 2005 beacause his court date will most likely be after the 2005 season.

What irks me is the fact that the NFL nor the Redskins will give this guy even a one game suspension. So what did Onterrio do - he smoked a little reefer. In my opinion I would rather have him doing that then doing what other players do which is get real drunk and slap their wives around - oh but the NFL is ok with that - no suspensions for beating your wife!

And Taylor punches a guy and then pull\se out a gun on someone else - and this is after he has had a drunk driving charge. Nice message by the NFL - wife beaters and persons involved in assault and murder are fine to play in the NFL and will even be glorified like Ray Lewis. But some a little weed in the offseason and you are the devil :evil: !

And the feds have to ban weed for terminal patients. Ok you have brain Cancer are in horrible pain and may only have a few years left - well thats too bad cuz we will bust your jiggly butt if you try to make yourself feel better with some pot. This country looks like it is going backwords instead of forwards.
    i agree , we've seen our freedoms disappearing one by one. yeah this is the best place to live in the world , but that's only because of standard of life.

as for the nfl , this is outragous!! what a man does to HIS own body should be his bussiness , as long as it is not performance enhancing . why don't they punish for testing positve for drinking? drinking is far more distructive to ones self then weed. far more violent acts a done while under the influence of alcohol then weed. oh yeah , alcohol is legal !

smoke weed ; and your in trouble. commit violent acts against other human beins , and we will help you move your court dates around the nfl season.

just more proof of the state society .

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    smoke weed ; and your in trouble. commit violent acts against other human beins , and we will help you move your court dates around the nfl season.

just more proof of the state society .
    Well Said.

Finally someone who truly understands what I am saying.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Onterrio Smith got caught three times, meaning he put his marijuana lifestyle before his football career. You cannot complain about this simply because Onterrio dropped the ball. If anything, you need to be angry at Onterrio, not the league. Most people on this board see it that way.

On the other hand, I do realize that its a shame that the NFL must wait for the Sean Taylor thing, but it isnt their fault. The situations are very different than being caught with possesion or failing a drug test. The NFL must wait for a court decision to be made. If they didn't wait players would get suspensions that were too long/short for the given misbehavior.

Can you imagine if a player is accused of wife beating, suspended for 4 games, then proven innocent?
    Now I know Sean Taylor is 100% guilty, but still the court needs to decide what the crime really was and the harshness of a penalty before the league can take a stance.

So then the main problem is that weed is illegal, which I think is very unfortunate.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

just curious , what punishments have been handed out for convicted violent nfl players? has ahman green been suspended for any games?
    how bout dui's ? or gun charges?

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Del Rio Guest

Has Green been convicted of anything? What punishment above what the law gives do you want to see for a DUI exactly?

I'm not saying that every player who's accused of something be suspended. If there is a domestic violence arrest AND CONVICTION, there should be a similar set of guidelines as the drug policy...like the first time or two require anger management classes/counciling...after the 3rd time or so, start the suspensions. Chances are pretty slim that the police are going to arrest and convict an innocent man of battery charges 4-5 times.

As for drunk driving, I thought it was covered under the substance abuse policy...it's just that most of the drunk drivers, it's their first offense. I definitely think that any sort of drunken/stoned/high behavior that ends in an arrest/conviction (even drunken disorderly) should be treated as a violation same as a positive drug test. Abuse of a substance is bad. Did Favre ever get in trouble for his vicadin addition? Or did everyone just praise him for his 'courage' to get help?

Though I must say, if you kill your own mother because of your drunken stupidity, you should be taken out and shot.

Not too many responses on the Leonard Little Thing - I mean people actually praised him and he even had a spot on sportscenter detailing how he came back from this event. Unbelievable!!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast