Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Onterrio and NFL Hypocrisy

i wish alcohol was illegal.

im glad weed is illegal too, but if it were the other way around.. alcohol illegal and weed legal, id be fine with that. alcohol is a much much more immediate danger than weed is.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

nsavarirayan is offline Rookie

Southern Yankee: Yes you can call me nsav for short - I have a long last name thanks to my Indian parents. I I agree with your take on Jamal. There are definately some inconsistincy in the rules. But like I said before not much I can do aboutit so that why I am venting on this board!

V-Unit: "The league also has to protect its "our players are role models" status. You can't have players smoking and playing. It sends a horrible message to the whole country"

-- But wife beaters are a good message to send our kids? And its not like the guys is doing interviews with a joint in hanging out of his mouth. I mean if it were kept private than no one would know anyway - let people do what they want in the privacy of their own home.

"We lost Onterrio for the year, but that is a lot better than wasting money and a roster spot occupied by a pothead who will lose the starting RB position simply because he is smoking weed."

-- Seriously, there is no way that this would detract from your game anymore than drinking some beers would (unless of course you did it before or during game/practice). And in fact if you choose to get drunk on a friday night rather than smoke a bit you would be feeling a lot worse the next day - no hangovers with weed. Again for any fragile minds out there I am not trying to condone this I am just saying its not as bad as people make it out to be. Onterrio has most likely been smokin the hippie lettuce for a long time and he has shown to us that he is a very skilled player. I am sure he probably does it at home and plays xbox. Still better than getting drunk and heading to the strip club. But again I reiterate there is no way that it detracts from your game unless you did during the game or workouts.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

All this talk of weed is makin me hungry.....anyone have any doritos.... :thumbleft: :thumbright:

6-KINGS Guest

"happy camper" wrote:
    i wish alcohol was illegal.

im glad weed is illegal too, but if it were the other way around.. alcohol illegal and weed legal, id be fine with that. alcohol is a much much more immediate danger than weed is.
    That is exactly how I feel about heroin!!

I like to chase that Dragon!!!
    :wink:

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"nsavarirayan" wrote:
    God I just read how Sean Taylor will be playing in 2005 beacause his court date will most likely be after the 2005 season.
    If his court date isn't until after the season, then he can't be proven guilty of anything until after the season. I, for one, don't want the NFL or the teams to start suspending player before it's been proven that they were in the wrong. However, that does leave an opportunity to beat the system. If a player settles out of court, so that he's never convicted of anything. Or he can plea bargin his way to a misdimeanor, and maybe have to endure a fine from the league. The safeguards in the system allow for loopholes, but it would be too dangerous to shut those safeguards down.

"nsavarirayan" wrote:
    So what did Onterrio do - he smoked a little reefer.
    Onterrio wasn't suspended for smoking pot. He was suspended for being stupid. He knew what the laws were in college, and he knew what the rules were in the NFL. He chose to ignore them. He got caught. He paid a fine. He evidently thought that getting caught was like a lightning strike, that it would never happen to him again. He ignored the rules. He got caught. He served a 4 game suspension. At this point, I don't know what he was thinking, because he ignored the rules again. He got caught. Now he's gone for a year. This guy is some combination of stupid, arrogent, and selfish, and diserved everything he got.

Del Rio Guest

"josdin00" wrote:
    "nsavarirayan" wrote:
    God I just read how Sean Taylor will be playing in 2005 beacause his court date will most likely be after the 2005 season.
    If his court date isn't until after the season, then he can't be proven guilty of anything until after the season. I, for one, don't want the NFL or the teams to start suspending player before it's been proven that they were in the wrong. However, that does leave an opportunity to beat the system. If a player settles out of court, so that he's never convicted of anything. Or he can plea bargin his way to a misdimeanor, and maybe have to endure a fine from the league. The safeguards in the system allow for loopholes, but it would be too dangerous to shut those safeguards down.

"nsavarirayan" wrote:
    So what did Onterrio do - he smoked a little reefer.
    Onterrio wasn't suspended for smoking pot. He was suspended for being stupid. He knew what the laws were in college, and he knew what the rules were in the NFL. He chose to ignore them. He got caught. He paid a fine. He evidently thought that getting caught was like a lightning strike, that it would never happen to him again. He ignored the rules. He got caught. He served a 4 game suspension. At this point, I don't know what he was thinking, because he ignored the rules again. He got caught. Now he's gone for a year. This guy is some combination of stupid, arrogent, and selfish, and diserved everything he got.
    EXACTLY!

With drugs they do the testing no jury or judges involved. So it is instant.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Wow...that was right on point Josdin..excellent statements.....now give me some damn Doritos.....

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

IMO, jamal lewis should have been banned for life after being convicted of his charges, he was setting up a mass quantity purchase of cocaine, which can kill people if it is used improperly and screw them up when used excessively. Yet all he gets is a two game suspension, that is a joke!

nsavarirayan is offline Rookie

"josdin00" wrote:
    I, for one, don't want the NFL or the teams to start suspending player before it's been proven that they were in the wrong.
    I think he did do something wrong he punched a man and pointed a loaded gun at someone.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Suspend them all!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast