Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Onterrio or Mewelde or Bennet

I want to see Moe for shotgun formation. He is a helluva blocking back. He has poped many a DE and LB.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Onterrio or Mewelde or Bennet

"danny2316" wrote:
    how will the workload be split up this week?

who will eventually be the starter?
    Are you a Vikings Fan or Fantasy Footballer?

If you are a fantasy footballer, I will say this, Stick with Moore.
    Tice says that he is the starter and Bennett and Smith have to work there way back in to the mix. So if you have or are being offered a trade for any of them, do not touch it with a ten foot pole. If you can get one for cheap do so. If you have Moore and can get rid of him before this weekend do so. The cold hard fact is there is a lot of gambling going on here. Tice is not tipping his hand. We have seen that with Moss. Hell Moss will probably start this weekend and be blazing fast. Honestly, I have had Bennett all year on my fantasy team. I had some offers on him back in week 3,4,and even 5. I missed my window and have no choice but to keep him and hope. Find someone in you league that might have bye week RB problems and try to trade your Viking RB. That is as unbiased as I can be.

If you are a Vikings Fan, I will say this, WHO THE HELL KNOWS. This backfield is a crapshoot. Lots of tallent. Lots of questions. Once again, Tice is trying to put one by us and the other teams in the league. Personally, I still believe in Bennett. There was a reason why he was the starter in preseason and therefore I believe that we will regain his spot with Smith and now Moore coming in on 3rd downs. Bennett is not a special teams person. Yeah, he did do some about 3 years ago but under a different Special Teams coach. If they are not going to play him, they might as well put him on the practice squad. But why not squeeze as many miles out of him as we can this year. Work our young guys along slow and prime their tanks for the future. Peace Out :salute:

"pep2moss" wrote:
    i say bennett and if he does i say we trade ontario if we can get something worth it in return and if onterio or mewelde starts i say we trade bennett
    I am sure you know this but for those that might have missed it, the trade deadline has past so any trades will be in the off season.

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Bennett on turf UUUUUUUUWWWW we. I can see the long runs against that defense and i garuntee the Oline doesnt disapoint like they did last week. Moore will start if healthy, but i want to see a dose of bennett. Bennett isn't quite as injury prone as people think. He gets dinked around but it not like hes blowing out AC freakin L's. The injuries that are killing him are sprained ankles and knee's, everyone will come to there senses the first time they see him streaking for a 70 yard run. I'm exited Bennett is back and helthy, did you see that SPEED last week. While he is healthy we should use him, espacailly this week, against that sh*ty defense.
    Amen Brother!!! Can I Get a Witness? :sunny:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Big C" wrote:
    Bennet. Smith or Moore can be backups. Hell we should have some packages where Moore lines up as a receiever with us being thin at WR.
    Great idea...except I suggested the same weeks ago and Tice is still not returning my phone calls! So I doubt that the Vikes will line up MM as a WR...which would make the Indy D have to think about more options while allowing the Vikes to put the most productive people on the field at the same time.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

I say smith. He was a real gamechanger, can score and has a good knack of breaking tackles, hitting the hole fast and coming up with big plays on third down. Bennett is stilll rusty yet and moore, hard to say with his injury.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Big C" wrote:
    Bennet. Smith or Moore can be backups. Hell we should have some packages where Moore lines up as a receiever with us being thin at WR.
    Great idea...except I suggested the same weeks ago and Tice is still not returning my phone calls! So I doubt that the Vikes will line up MM as a WR...which would make the Indy D have to think about more options while allowing the Vikes to put the most productive people on the field at the same time.
    Two weeks ago, the week leading up to the TN game, one of the reporters in the PC ask Tice if he thought about lining Bennett up as a WR for a few plays. He gave a skoff and quickly dismissed the idea as more or less an idiotic suggestion. The reporter said something like since Moss is limited and Moore is starting wouldn't you like to be able to use Bennett.

WRs practice Routes and Timing. RBs are different, if you don't run routes on a daily basis it is difficult to be in sync with the QB.

I think that Bennett has previously been sent from the backfield to the WR slot but to have him out there on a regular basis is not likely going to happen. I could see one or two plays a game. I think it is alright when you ask him to take the LB who is responsible for him to go out and cover him but if you put a DB on him, that is not a good match up.

Our RB vs LB = our advantage
    Our RB vs experienced pass defending DB = not to our advantage.

From what I have noticed, when the RBs are sent out, they are on a short cross or a fly doen the sideline where they can use their speed and elusiveness.

I like a few plays like that. But I really think it would be determined by the D of the opposing team.

We should sit Moss but have MM as a receiver and throw some unorthodox looks in there. We have so much talent, we just need to be creative and execute. I say let Bennett start since MM is a little banged up, but let all of them get in there and see who gets the job done the best. We need this win though!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12