HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

Onterrio is coming back

I didn't see anything on the boards about it, but Onterrio is coming back for the monday night game:thumbright:. We also had to release chuck wiley in the process. I think that is good though. Lance Johnstone will get more playing time and he has played pretty well lately.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Onterrio is coming back

Smith will probably get KR duty. Tice said Smith will have a significant role in this. He didn't elaborate. The start is between Moore and Bennett. If Moore's ankle is better he will get the start.

We should be able to cut Moe Williams instead of a decent Defensive Player. We don't need 4 RBs.

Give Bennett or Moore the goal line job. Structure the plays for their talents. That is what a coach is suppose to do. Use the talent the best you can.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Onterrio is coming back

how bout we cut keenan howry before we cut moe. moe is a stud and a complete football player. remember what he did for us last year.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Onterrio is coming back

We have three great backs why keep him. Someone else can do what he does plus they can do special teams.

Yeah I guess I could substitute Howry but he probably plays special teams though.

diesavike is offline Rookie

Onterrio is coming back

I believe Moe is on special teams also, and I think he's a very solid special teamer.
    Sell crazy someplace else...we're all stocked up here.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Onterrio is coming back

Yeah we can cut moe, that would be crazy. Hes a specail team leader and a important part of our goal line offense and hes very good at blocking on passing situations.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Onterrio is coming back

No way we cut moe, sure hes aging and in the down side of his career but he has done a lot for us this year. Getting tough yardage, being the best of the backs to pick up the blitz etc. Id sure like to see him play a year more or so before letting him go or retire.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Onterrio is coming back

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    No way we cut moe, sure hes aging and in the down side of his career but he has done a lot for us this year. Getting tough yardage, being the best of the backs to pick up the blitz etc. Id sure like to see him play a year more or so before letting him go or retire.
    Smith and Bennett both pick up the blitz well!!! They also both run better.

I also remember seeing number 30 (Moore) letting blitzers go right around him in this last game.

The Playbook Guys (NFL Network) were showing how the Giants had changed up there goal line run game to make it better suited for their style of runner. Our coaches need to change things up and use the best personel on the field. Moe is no bigger than any of the other backs (by a reasonable amount) to make that big of a difference on the goal line.

I think that emotion are running high on keeping Moe around. I like Moe, I just don't think that 4 RBs is what we need. I think Tice was kind of glad Smith was on suspension so he didn't have to make that decision. I heard him say it in one of his press conferences about 3 weeks ago that when he has 4 RBs healthy and back it would be a tough decision to make on whether or not it was necessary to have them all on the ACTIVE Roster. I am not saying permanently, bring him down for a couple of games that is all. We had to put Nelson on the active roster and we got rid of Wiley. I just think we are cutting ourselves short on Defense.

By the way, we did cut HOAG along with Wiley yesterday.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Onterrio is coming back

I don't want to keep Moe for sentimental reasons, we can't afford to lose him. What we need is to be able to use 2 RBs every game. The is the way our offensive schemes work. If Bennett is ever injured again (knock on wood) or Smith has problems, we still need to have Moe on board along with Moore. Moe cannot handle the bulk of the carries like he did last year, but we don't need him to do that. There are other things he does for the offense though and it's worth keeping him on board.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

chubchub is offline Rookie

Onterrio is coming back

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Smith will probably get KR duty. Tice said Smith will have a significant role in this. He didn't elaborate. The start is between Moore and Bennett. If Moore's ankle is better he will get the start.

We should be able to cut Moe Williams instead of a decent Defensive Player. We don't need 4 RBs.

Give Bennett or Moore the goal line job. Structure the plays for their talents. That is what a coach is suppose to do. Use the talent the best you can.
    No way we can cut Moe