Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Onterio Smith update.

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    despite his size roberts does have a decent power game. he can drag defencive lineman down field, which is mindboggling considering charlie weights maybe 160 and the d-line probably weighs 280+.

ps, winnipeg has a very good offence, Glenn put up superb numbers if you look at the team he was playing on, 2/3 top TD scorers were bombers, and the o-line had the 2nd or 3rd fewest sacks in the league. i call that a real good offence.
    I call them the team with the weakest quaterbacks in the league, which in the CFL, is almost all that matters. At least now you don't have to compete with Ottawa for worst team in the league :razz:

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

Kevin Glenn worst QB in the League? HA. his stats say he's one of the elite Qb's

Lando is offline Rookie

You sir, are looking through blue tinted glasses! At least you have confidence in your team, I'll be shocked if they don't finish the season with the worst record in the CFL.

O smith and his new friend
    You republican whore!

Towelie
    You republican whore!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Does the CFL have the same kind of drug testing policies as the NFL??

WWBGD

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Hope everything works out for him if he does play for the CFL next season.

Vike_Turner is offline Training Camp

BLUE BOMBERS = GREY CUP CHAMPS!!!!! Believe it!

"RK." wrote:
    Does the CFL have the same kind of drug testing policies as the NFL??
    i have no idea. but a couple teams have taken in other NFL potheads and drunks and they've turned them around

[size=18px]Blue sure know how to spell Onterrio[/size]

Sat Apr 29 2006

By Ed Tait

IMAGINE a Winnipeg Blue Bombers backfield featuring Charles Roberts and Onterrio Smith lining up side by side...
    General manager Brendan Taman can, and the thought gives him the warm and fuzzies all over. That's why the Bombers were quick to slap Smith on their negotiation list on Wednesday, just hours after the former University of Oregon star had been released by the Minnesota Vikings.

A gifted tailback who has been suspended by the NFL three times for violating their substance-abuse policy, Smith is not eligible to play down south until October. As a result, his agent has already spoken to the Bombers, with a further discussion planned for next week after the NFL draft.

Because Smith has not been charged for his indiscretions, the Bombers would be willing to give him a chance to get on the straight and narrow and revive his career.

"This is not propaganda. This is not B.S. There is legitimate interest for sure," Taman said yesterday. "He doesn't want to sit out and miss a whole year, so he's looking north. We had exploratory talks, but he's intrigued by our team and our league.

"We know he's not a saint, but he's ready to turn the page, get on with his life and play football again. He's extremely talented, and to have two extremely talented guys in the field..." New Bomber head coach Doug Berry has stressed he plans to run a five-receiver, one-running back set, but adding Smith would give the offence a whole new dimension. Not only did Smith lead the Vikings in rushing in 2004, he's also a gifted receiver and return man.

"I'm not trying to create a controversy; I'm just trying to better our football team as best I can," Taman said.

"Obviously, Charles is our guy, but this is an intriguing player to add to our options. Some people might view it like we're muddying the picture and why even bother with it? Well, I wouldn't bother unless it was Onterrio Smith. He's an NFL back. That's a no-brainer.

"It's a good question on how we would make it work, but when you can add a talented guy like that -- and I mean talented, because this guy is special -- maybe you put him on the field at the same time. Or maybe they're on the field in different situations. Maybe it comes back to the (Mike) Sellers era, when we had them both on the field at the same time and defences didn't know who was going to get the ball."

BLUE ADD TWO, DUMP TWO: The Bombers added a pair of Canadians yesterday while releasing import offensive lineman John Feugill and homegrown centre Corey Annett.

DL/LB Adrian Baird (6-foot-4, 250, Ottawa) spent last year on the Renegades' practice roster, and Ryan Bisson (6-foot-4, 313, Northwood) was the Bombers' sixth-round draft pick in 2005. Both are expected to push for roster spots this year.

[email protected]
    [hr]

it's also been reproted that onterrio has been offered a 2 year $150 000 dollar anum contract by a so-called cflinsider, i'll fill you in some more tommorow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast