Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Onterio Smith out this weekend.

This was on the ESPN site.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Onterrio Smith, a key part of the Minnesota Vikings' 2-1 start, will miss the team's next four games as he serves a suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, the league announced Tuesday.

Onterrio Smith
    Running Back
    Minnesota Vikings

2004 SEASON STATISTICS
    Rush Yds TD Rec Yds TD
    42 198 0 15 223 1

The league told Smith this summer that he had tested positive for marijuana, and he already was in the league's substance-abuse program for at least one previous positive test. His suspension had been on hold pending an appeal.

Smith will be eligible to play again Nov. 8 at Indianapolis.

Smith has run for 198 yards and has a team-high 223 yards receiving. He has been especially valuable as the Vikings' planned No. 1 back, Michael Bennett, recovers from a knee injury.

The Vikings said Monday that Bennett had re-injured his right knee and would miss at least two more games after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus.

Vikings Official website, Fantasy Football Article.

Running Back
    Onterrio Smith: It appears that Smith will be unavailable for this game as the NFL is finally ruling on the appeal to his suspension.

Michael Bennett: Bennett underwent surgery on Monday and will miss this game.

Moe Williams: Williams is expected to play, but is hampered by a calf injury. If the injury persists, Williams could be limited to pass blocking. If his injury improves, he becomes the runner with the best chance for fantasy success.

Mewelde Moore: Sleeper alert! Moore isn't 100 percent healthy either, but considering the myriad running problems just mentioned, he could become the team's primary ball carrier. With Houston allowing 168 and 151 rushing yards over the past two weeks, Moore could find himself with a nice stat line at the end of the day. Plus, Birk's return should give the offensive line some extra oomph on running plays.

Larry Ned: The way things are going for Minnesota's runners, Moore will lose a limb in a bizarre dirigible accident, and Ned will be pushed into service.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

No-o-o-o-o !!..., No-o-o-o-o !!
    Sorry, just overreacting. What's the status of Moe? It would be nice if he could go. Otherwise we're looking at Ned, and Mewelde.

Oops, looks like the other post answered that. We'll be alright.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I have a feeling we are going to be passing the ball quite a bit this Sunday!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I agree VKG... but I'm excited to see what Moore can do!

"SKOL" wrote:
    No-o-o-o-o !!..., No-o-o-o-o !!
    Sorry, just overreacting. What's the status of Moe? It would be nice if he could go. Otherwise we're looking at Ned, and Mewelde.
    Man I am with you and SHOOT there goes my FFL ITS should be smiling or at least saying I TOLD YOU SO DAMMMMMMM DAMMMMMM DAMMMMMM

OK it is only threeeee weeks and what do you all think of BENNIT :?:

IT is MM time to shine TNT
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

What I am hoping for is with all the injuries (Bennett, Claiborne, Henderson, Williams, Birk, Irvin, Jimmy, Rosenthal and Ontarrio's suspension that the youth on our team will gain invaluable experiance.
    When it gets to the end of the season and everyone is back and healthy (at least those that are coming back) that the Vikes will be a much better team for it, and will help them drive to the Superbowl!!!

Looking for Silver lining!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

I have already stated I think MM is the futre back for the vikes s oI am very excited to see a good day for him. Rushing and receiving
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

The coach likes to baby rookies but Ned is a great litle back also. We have a lot of talent just hope they don't get nervous and FUMBLE. That is why Tice doesn't like rookies.

Del Rio Guest

I like what Ned can do he has some serious potential I hope they split carries if MM is having a hard time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast