Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ontario Smith

Re: Ontario Smith

I like what Benet said. We did it with K-rob, why not with Smith? He'll have to play hard and keep clean if he wants to stay, and maybe he will have another good season. Referrng to what someone else earlier said about a Taylor-Smith 1-2 punch, I'm not a big fan of running back by committee after Tice doing it and NOT doing well, but I do admit that it can work, like with KC's Holmes and Johnson.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    I like what Benet said. We did it with K-rob, why not with Smith? He'll have to play hard and keep clean if he wants to stay, and maybe he will have another good season. Referrng to what someone else earlier said about a Taylor-Smith 1-2 punch, I'm not a big fan of running back by committee after Tice doing it and NOT doing well, but I do admit that it can work, like with KC's Holmes and Johnson.
    Kansas City did not do a RBBC.

When Holmes went down in both seasons Johnson became their #1. He did have carries when Holmes played, but it was not RRBC.

Calmwind is offline Starter

I think that O Smith is a great back and have always liked the kid. Yes he has issues but so do alot of great players. I dont mind a bit to give the guy a chance to win a spot if he is in shape. As far as beating C. Taylor obiviously it can be done..see the Ravens. In not saying he needs a spot but I think he should get the chance. If you go back through my posts over history the one thing i like about him is...he can get into the Endzone!!

...on a side note, I think the "I'll rip you apart next time blah, blah, blah" is childish. This isnt high school. Besides new posters should be given a beer not a hard time!!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

When Holmes went down in both seasons Johnson became their #1. He did have carries when Holmes played, but it was not RRBC.
    KC didn't use running back by committee but it is becoming more common these days. In the NFL it's pretty common to see 2 guys (usually not 3 though) carry the load, rather than having one 20-30 carry per game guy.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

KC didn't use running back by committee but it is becoming more common these days. In the NFL it's pretty common to see 2 guys (usually not 3 though) carry the load, rather than having one 20-30 carry per game guy.
    I've always liked that idea. Why keep a guy in there that's maybe tired when you can through a fresh back at the opposition?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

I've always liked that idea. Why keep a guy in there that's maybe tired when you can through a fresh back at the opposition?
    It would keep a rythum going between the back and the O-line and running back by committee is not used that much every team would rather have that one back who can carry the load. Denver doesn't have one back to trust so they need the committee aproach and Miami had Williams and Brown so it was worth a try if Williams is out for the year Brown will become their every down back. Any other team that does it either has too many injuries or doesn't have anybody who can do the job.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Just to clarify: Ontario= Province/Onterrio=Player

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123