Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Only Jackson can lead Vikings to playoffs

"Caine" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    It's amazing how quickly everyone jumps on the wagon!

The Lions are terrible and the Cards are on the decline, so I am reserving judgement. I'm impressed with what Tarvaris has done the last two weeks, but it's ONLY two weeks. IMO, you don't go from completely lost to Pro Bowl quarterback in 13 weeks.
    You are stating two extremes. No he is not a probowl quarterback but he is also not completely lost, he is somewhere in the middle. Where exactly in the middle is still up for debate.
    '
    Tjack has always been somewhere in the middle... given the way the team has played with him in their previously... he's never been as good or as bad as it may seem... but i agree we are getting excited when we really need to be rational about his play and not get too high or too low on him... he needs to be consistent before i will exhale!
    I agree that some people are being a bit premature in their desire to crown Jackson.
    He has looked good for the past 6 quarters, but on the whole he looked pretty crappy for the previous 16 games.
    Are these 6 quarters a sign of a new and improved Jackson, or is he benefitting from playing cruddy teams?

Personally, I think he's improved.
    I think he's where we were TOLD he would be at the beginning of this season.
    The question I have is exactly how far does his improvement extend?
    Will he be able to take the team on his shoulders when Peterson/Taylor start getting stuffed?
    Will he be able to sustain drives when adversity strikes?
    Will he be able to adjust to pressure?

In the past the answer has been a resounding "NO".
    I'm hoping he's moved beyond that.
    And, truthfully, he has played with a poise he has not previously exhibited.
    Perhaps he's finally turned the corner.

Either way, we have two very tough games ahead against Atlanta and New York.
    These would be great acid tests if he plays (and I think he will).
    Especially New York - unless She-lie gives us 4 gifts again like last time.

Caine

Caine, win or die, you need to get on the party ride....... Come on man!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

The Lions are terrible and the Cards are on the decline, so I am reserving judgement. I'm impressed with what Tarvaris has done the last two weeks, but it's ONLY two weeks. IMO, you don't go from completely lost to Pro Bowl quarterback in 13 weeks.
    You are stating two extremes. No he is not a probowl quarterback but he is also not completely lost, he is somewhere in the middle. Where exactly in the middle is still up for debate.
    '
    Tjack has always been somewhere in the middle... given the way the team has played with him in their previously... he's never been as good or as bad as it may seem... but i agree we are getting excited when we really need to be rational about his play and not get too high or too low on him... he needs to be consistent before i will exhale!
    I agree that some people are being a bit premature in their desire to crown Jackson.
    He has looked good for the past 6 quarters, but on the whole he looked pretty crappy for the previous 16 games.
    Are these 6 quarters a sign of a new and improved Jackson, or is he benefitting from playing cruddy teams?

Will he be able to take the team on his shoulders when Peterson/Taylor start getting stuffed?

Caine

we beat them pretty good the last time we played them and we're playing a lot better than at any point last year... TJ started that game too....

On a side note, if we loose these last two games, i'll be pissed.. they both are at home... We gotta make the playoffs...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

'

Caine

we beat them pretty good the last time we played them and we're playing a lot better than at any point last year... TJ started that game too....

On a side note, if we loose these last two games, i'll be pissed.. they both are at home... We gotta make the playoffs...
    and they're playing a hell of a lot better than at any point last year too.
    last i checked they didn't have turner or ryan last year.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

There should be NO QB controversy here in Minnesota. Tarvaris Jackson is doing good! Even though he only played good last game and a half he did so good, hell yes i'm on the bandwagon. Why should we even consider putting Gus in? The man that has no legs and throws to many INT's plus he's banged up way to much. I don't get why experts say Childress has a tough job deciding who should start? It's crystal clear that we don't go anywhere with Ol' Gus and that TJ is the messiah that will lead us to the Superbowl!
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    There should be NO QB controversy here in Minnesota. Tarvaris Jackson is doing good! Even though he only played good last game and a half he did so good, hell yes i'm on the bandwagon. Why should we even consider putting Gus in? The man that has no legs and throws to many INT's plus he's banged up way to much. I don't get why experts say Childress has a tough job deciding who should start? It's crystal clear that we don't go anywhere with Ol' Gus and that TJ is the messiah that will lead us to the Superbowl!
    i hear you, i've even bought myself a TJ jersey

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=Ltrey link=topic=49604.msg880858#msg880858 date=1229543366]

'

Caine

and they're playing a hell of a lot better than at any point last year too.
    last i checked they didn't have turner or ryan last year.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I wouldn't bank on either team rolling over for us just because we beat them last year.
    While we may be playing pretty good right now, we DID just lost Pat Williams for an undetermined amount of time, that's going to hurt.
    And we still have a lot of questions at QB and with regard to our passing game.

....and Chiller is still the Head Coach.

All in all, we have a CHANCE to get into the post season, but we're by no means a lock...we need at least one of these games...although I'd prefer both of them.

As for the bandwagon, Ned, I'm not much for herd mentality stuff.
    So while I Hope that Jackson has turned the corner and Childress has pulled his head out, I'll wait to get a more definitive look in the next couple weeks.

Caine

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456