Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Re: Only Jackson can lead Vikings to playoffs

He sucked the first two games at home and shined the last two games on the road. So playing at home with renewed confidence should be better right? I sure as well hope so!

It's a no brainer to start TJ.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/80617/

Another yutz
    :

Yep! The obvious choice would be to go with an injured Frerotte, who threw interceptions in 1 out of ever 5 attempts on his last outing, scored no TD's & has a season QB rating of 73.7 (68.6 his last 2 outings) & has tossed 15 interceptions in 11-1/2 games this year.

Childress is an fucking idiot to stay with a healthy Jackson, who has a season QB rating of 96.1 (139.6 his last 2 outings), has thrown 5 TD's in his last 6 quarters of play & has only thrown 1 interception in 3-1/2 games .

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Another yutz
    :

Yep! The obvious choice would be to go with an injured Frerotte, who threw interceptions in 1 out of ever 5 attempts on his last outing, scored no TD's & has a season QB rating of 73.7 (68.6 his last 2 outings) & has tossed 15 interceptions in 11-1/2 games this year.

Childress is an fucking idiot to stay with a healthy Jackson, who has a season QB rating of 96.1 (139.6 his last 2 outings), has thrown 5 TD's in his last 6 quarters of play & has only thrown 1 interception in 3-1/2 games .
    It simply comes down to this. The only real difference between the two QBs has been the last 8 quarters of play. We are 7-3 with Gus, not bad at all, so some think his outing vs. Detroit was a fluke. Similarly, TJ's last performance was obviously great, but some seriously question whether he is capable of such success in the future or whether he will go back to his inconsistent ways. In other words they think AZ was a fluke as well. Thus, they see Gus as the more stable, better option.

It's a fair argument, but not one I agree with. TJ played bad enough to deserve a benching after week 2. He has now played well enough to deserve a start in week 16.

Using the Chilly "QB Law" however, we get stuck. Chilly is going to play QB carousel, especially this late in the season. His choices are to start a healthy Gus or to proclaim TJ starter for the rest of the year. Option 1 means Tj gets one more start whether he plays well or badly because he is the backup, plain and simple. Option 2 is great but creates questions (or at least an intriguing story) during the final, and hopefullly playoff, push.

If TJ starts when both QBs are healthy (is Gus healthy right now?), then sucks, and then gets benched, that is completely unfair to TJ.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Another yutz
    :

Childress is an fricken idiot to stay with a healthy Jackson, who has a season QB rating of 96.1 (139.6 his last 2 outings), has thrown 5 TD's in his last 6 quarters of play & has only thrown 1 interception in 3-1/2 games .
    It simply comes down to this. The only real difference between the two QBs has been the last 8 quarters of play. We are 7-3 with Gus, not bad at all, so some think his outing vs. Detroit was a fluke. Similarly, TJ's last performance was obviously great, but some seriously question whether he is capable of such success in the future or whether he will go back to his inconsistent ways. In other words they think AZ was a fluke as well. Thus, they see Gus as the more stable, better option.

It's a fair argument, but not one I agree with. TJ played bad enough to deserve a benching after week 2. He has now played well enough to deserve a start in week 16.

Using the Chilly "QB Law" however, we get stuck. Chilly is going to play QB carousel, especially this late in the season. His choices are to start a healthy Gus or to proclaim TJ starter for the rest of the year. Option 1 means Tj gets one more start whether he plays well or badly because he is the backup, plain and simple. Option 2 is great but creates questions (or at least an intriguing story) during the final, and hopefullly playoff, push.

If TJ starts when both QBs are healthy (is Gus healthy right now?), then sucks, and then gets benched, that is completely unfair to TJ.
    We were 7 and 3 despite Gus, not because of Gus.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Another yutz
    :

Childress is an fricken idiot to stay with a healthy Jackson, who has a season QB rating of 96.1 (139.6 his last 2 outings), has thrown 5 TD's in his last 6 quarters of play & has only thrown 1 interception in 3-1/2 games .

It is neither because nor despite.
    We were 7-3 with Gus.
    It is a team game.
    That being said, I think we can be 2-0 the next two weeks with TJack or with Gus.
    My vote goes to TJack right now because he is much fresher than Gus, and has earned the spot for at least one more game.

As far as Gus being healthy - there is no way he is healthy enough to play in the next two weeks.
    His body has been showing the signs of age and pounding more and more in the last few weeks of play.
    Maybe if he is 100% healthy going into the playoffs he has a shot of regaining the starting spot - IF TJack gives us reason to believe that he can't handle it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Such a ridiculous argument. I could go with...

We are 2-2 because of TJ (7-3 > 2-2)

or

Let's only look at games where Gus played poorly: TEN(L), CHI (L), GB (W), JAX (W). So in the majority of games Gus played, Gus played well enough to win the game.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Another yutz
    :

We were 7-3 with Gus.
    It is a team game.
    That being said, I think we can be 2-0 the next two weeks with TJack or with Gus.
    My vote goes to TJack right now because he is much fresher than Gus, and has earned the spot for at least one more game.

As far as Gus being healthy - there is no way he is healthy enough to play in the next two weeks.
    His body has been showing the signs of age and pounding more and more in the last few weeks of play.
    Maybe if he is 100% healthy going into the playoffs he has a shot of regaining the starting spot - IF TJack gives us reason to believe that he can't handle it.
    Exactly.

This team can win with either of them and could also win if they are both injured and Booty is called on to play.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Another yutz
    :

We were 7-3 with Gus.
    It is a team game.

Just to set the record straight to everyone the Vikes are 8-3 with Gus as a starter.
    I know TJ brought us back against Detroit but statistically the Vikes are 8-3 with Gus as a starter.
    Baseball gives the reliever a win if the team comes from behind.
    Football doesn't.

This is just a nit-pick by the way.
    No need to reply to tell me Gus didn't win last game. I already know that.
    I am just stating the statistical fact.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Gus is done unless TJ takes a crap on the field.There should be no debate. Stop.
    Gus did his job.End of story.
    Why do we have to denigrate one quarterback or the other?
    Things are going great.
    Rejoice for a change. Allow yourself to be happy!
    LOL! the Vikings are a good team.
    How long has it been since you could say that with any kind of confidence?
    Happy Holidays !
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Gus is done unless TJ takes a crap on the field.There should be no debate. Stop.
    Gus did his job.End of story.
    Why do we have to denigrate one quarterback or the other?
    Things are going great.
    Rejoice for a change. Allow yourself to be happy!
    LOL! the Vikings are a good team.
    How long has it been since you could say that with any kind of confidence?
    Happy Holidays !
    LOL... so very true.

I'm as excited as I was first day of the season, I can't understand why people are still debating... about anything. I'm stoked that the team is coming together just at the right time.

SKOL!!!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast