Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ongunlye

howln4u is offline Rookie

Ongunlye

I know that we just drafted Udeze to help the pash rush and help the D line but I still think we still try to pursue Ogunlye from the Dolphins. Since he is talking holding out they will be willing to trade him more easily.

Maybe trade a 2nd and 5th. Maybe 2nd next year and 5th the year after or something. Since the Vikings are getting better the pick will be late in the round and we wont get the talent like Ogunlye at that pick.

Maybe send Mixon and a pick, that would free up some money that we could put to Ogunlye. I like Mixon and I think he may have a great year with othe teams concerned about Williams and Udeze but Ogunlye would just be a step up.

I say make the offer, spend some money and make the run to the SB right now. We could have one of the top Defenses to go with our #1 Offense.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Ongunlye

"howln4u" wrote:
    I know that we just drafted Udeze to help the pash rush and help the D line but I still think we still try to pursue Ogunlye from the Dolphins. Since he is talking holding out they will be willing to trade him more easily.

Maybe trade a 2nd and 5th. Maybe 2nd next year and 5th the year after or something. Since the Vikings are getting better the pick will be late in the round and we wont get the talent like Ogunlye at that pick.

Maybe send Mixon and a pick, that would free up some money that we could put to Ogunlye. I like Mixon and I think he may have a great year with othe teams concerned about Williams and Udeze but Ogunlye would just be a step up.

I say make the offer, spend some money and make the run to the SB right now. We could have one of the top Defenses to go with our #1 Offense.
    The only problem with that is that Ogunlye is holding out because he wants to be traded to the Bears. If we hadn't drafted Udeze and Darrion Scott, I might agree with you, but as it is, lets stick with the guys we have.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Ongunlye

I thought Ogunleyewas holding out for a contract like Javon Kearse's. Which means he wants to be one of the highest paid DE in the NFL. Just because we have money now doesn't mean we will 2 or 3 years from now. We don't need him and shouldn't trade for him. Red would never pay that kind of money anyway.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Ongunlye

I don't think that Miami would go for the trade of Mixon because he already had a stint with them and they got rid of him, so I don't know what he has done in the past couple of years to make them want him now. I also have to agree with Big Daddy, we have what we need, let's go with that!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ongunlye

I just don't think Tice wants to give up draft picks. I mean, if you were having the kind of drafts the Vikings have had lately would you? I might do a straight player for player trade, but I doubt they's accept any we had to offer.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Ongunlye

yes we do have some money right now, but it sounds like we are gonna use that room on Udeze's signing bonus. It sounds like we want to use that money, to pay all of his signing bonus this season, so we won't have any to pay for the rest of his contract. I think we pretty much got our answer, if Tice was satisfied with our De situation, when he said that Nick Rogers was gonna stay at DE. It sounds to me like he is happy with our DE depth. I'd love to have ogunleye on our D-line, but it doesn't look very likely for this season. With the way we worked out winfield's contract, and the way it sounds like we wanna work udeze's, we might have a bunch of money again next year, to sign another big name FA or two.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Ongunlye

This defense is pretty much set. Anyone got any news on Mixon's situation?

Mixon and a Coniditional Pick next year, I'd say sure. Thats only if we can get him signed to an incentives based contract under the cap. But I'm like Udeze-Hovan-Williams-Mixon line.

The thing about draft picks after this year's draftis, how much are we going to need them? I mean teh Safety positions, CB position, LB positions, Dline, WR, RB, QB and TE positions seem pretty much solid for the next couple of years, I don't think drafts are going to be as important for us because we don't need to draft a starter in the first 2 or 3 rounds.

As far as I'm concerned, lets hang onto our first rounder and grab a guard next year, and we can trade the rest of the draft away. We've got young talent and tons of money. The biggest off-season priorities next year are going to be re-signing Claiborne and Hovan, as long as we do that, get a good guy to replace Dixon, Our off-season can pretty much come to end. That is of-course providing that Hovan steps back up, and Thomas is the linebacker people think he is.

My whole point is, a couple of draft picks would be easy to give up to get a guy like Ogunleye. He is better than Mixon.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Ongunlye

I don't think we need Ogunlyue, we already have Udeze. Yes, Ogunlyue is better than Mixon, but I don't think we would need to give up a first rounder for him. Our D is set as it is.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Ongunlye

Before the draft... I was all for getting Ogunleye... with all the speculation of where players would go, I really didn't expect Udeze to fall to us. At this point... I don't think that we should make the move to get him. I think that our D is looking pretty good and we should try it out before we make anymore big adjustments

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Ongunlye

im still so damn happy we got Udeze, he was gone in my mind after the 10th pick but i am verry happy. Leave the o-man alone he is not worth the money and we are not desperate anymore so let the bears try to get him, our division is geting more and more competitive, i just hope it is the same during the season.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast