Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34
  1. #31
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: One thing to work on for the Colts?

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    I would say O-line pass-blocking, WR/TE's getting open/hanging onto the ball, and D-line pressure. With those 3 things we should be able to win.
    Your absolutely right.... if the Oline could block the D-line and 2 blitzers for lets say 10 to 12 seconds giving the WR's and TE's enough time to lose the DB's, THEN maybe, just maybe, TJ will have enough time to find and deliver a reception.

    The O-line gave TJ enough time, TJ is just too slow in making a decision, other than running the ball.

    Blaming the O-line and WR/TE's is just another way of making excuses for piss poor QB play.

    Re watch the game


    WHen he had 3 seconds he got the ball out nicely

    If not he made a few bad throws or the WRs werent getting up


  2. #32
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: One thing to work on for the Colts?

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=47737.msg833671#msg833671 date=1221057302]
    [quote author=BloodyHorns82 link=topic=47737.msg833666#msg833666 date=1221056601]
    [quote author=V link=topic=47737.msg833663#msg833663 date=1221056380]
    TJ simply must be more accurate.
    LOL!
    We need a lot more than that.
    He wasn't even that inaccurate on Monday.
    Room for improvement? - Absolutely, however our entire TEAM needs to step up.
    16-35
    Agree to Disagree.
    35 being the more important number. Plus passing was called 9 other times and tjack had to run, plus the 1 sack, 45 times the play call was pass. Too many IMHO.
    Correct.
    The problem with the playcalling wasn't that it was vanilla (which has become the cop out criticism for coaching, even though most people have no idea what it means).
    The problem was that we didn't play into our strengths.
    e have the best running back duo in the game, yet we passed 65% of the time.

    I realize that this is a little skewed because we were playing from behind late in the fourth.
    But instead of passing to run, I would like to see us running to set up the pass.
    We made the same mistake against Green Bay last year.
    [/quote]

    What mistake, running to set up the pass?
    I would say that last year was the accumulation of several factors, some of which were the Vikings fault, some of which were not.
    We are not a 65% passing team.
    We are a running team.
    As soon as we stop pretending to be something that we are not, we will start to win games again...

    Give me a little bit to gather the stats and I will compare our run/pass ratio in games we won to those in which we lost...
    [/quote]

    Not what I meant at all.

    We were running the ball well in the first half and abandoned the strategy in the second half.
    We did the same thing last year. At least in the first game.
    I understand having to pass when you are down 2 scores and short on time. But that wasn't the case until late.
    I felt we went away from our strength and it bit us in the butt again against the same team.
    [/quote]

    oooooh.
    I understand what you meant now.
    I am in complete agreement with you.
    (Sorry - I'm a little slow on the uptake lately.
    Darn work is taxing my brain.)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #33
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: One thing to work on for the Colts?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    TJ simply must be more accurate.
    LOL!
    We need a lot more than that.
    He wasn't even that inaccurate on Monday.
    Room for improvement? - Absolutely, however our entire TEAM needs to step up.
    16-35
    Agree to Disagree.
    35 being the more important number. Plus passing was called 9 other times and tjack had to run, plus the 1 sack, 45 times the play call was pass. Too many IMHO.
    Correct.
    The problem with the playcalling wasn't that it was vanilla (which has become the cop out criticism for coaching, even though most people have no idea what it means).
    The problem was that we didn't play into our strengths.
    e have the best running back duo in the game, yet we passed 65% of the time.

    I realize that this is a little skewed because we were playing from behind late in the fourth.
    But instead of passing to run, I would like to see us running to set up the pass.
    EXACTLY.

    Problem is, we did run to set up the pass early, but we were not able to take advantage of it. The reason? TJ. He did not complete the easy passes early in the game, when the run was working well.

    Second half, down by 7, and we start passing to set up the run. What happened? The passing attack was better, but still not good enough for GB to soften their front. They were able to stop our passing game even while keying on the run.

    THAT is is why QB play must improve.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #34
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: One thing to work on for the Colts?

    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=47737.msg833663#msg833663 date=1221056380]
    TJ simply must be more accurate.
    LOL!
    We need a lot more than that.
    He wasn't even that inaccurate on Monday.
    Room for improvement? - Absolutely, however our entire TEAM needs to step up.
    16-35
    Agree to Disagree.
    35 being the more important number. Plus passing was called 9 other times and tjack had to run, plus the 1 sack, 45 times the play call was pass. Too many IMHO.
    Correct.
    The problem with the playcalling wasn't that it was vanilla (which has become the cop out criticism for coaching, even though most people have no idea what it means).
    The problem was that we didn't play into our strengths.
    e have the best running back duo in the game, yet we passed 65% of the time.

    I realize that this is a little skewed because we were playing from behind late in the fourth.
    But instead of passing to run, I would like to see us running to set up the pass.
    EXACTLY.

    Problem is, we did run to set up the pass early, but we were not able to take advantage of it. The reason? TJ. He did not complete the easy passes early in the game, when the run was working well.

    Second half, down by 7, and we start passing to set up the run. What happened? The passing attack was better, but still not good enough for GB to soften their front. They were able to stop our passing game even while keying on the run.

    THAT is is why QB play must improve.
    [/quote]



    DING DING DING DING DING

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Well I know one thing for sure...
    By baumy300 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 09:49 PM
  2. If its not one thing its another...
    By triedandtruevikesfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 06:03 PM
  3. no such thing...
    By mr.woo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 01:15 AM
  4. I just have one thing to say.......
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 06:55 PM
  5. What is that thing in the sky????????????????????
    By zimtwister in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 04:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •