Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: One thing to work on for the Colts?

"C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=47737.msg833663#msg833663 date=1221056380]
    TJ simply must be more accurate.
    LOL!
    We need a lot more than that.
    He wasn't even that inaccurate on Monday.
    Room for improvement? - Absolutely, however our entire TEAM needs to step up.
    16-35
    Agree to Disagree.
    And you'll have to do the same with the other 15 people who voted that we have more significant problems at hand then TJ simply being more accurate.
    (QB play)

Oh No. I'm so scared!
    There was one pass in the endzone that Shaincoe bobbled, then Berrian (I think... may have been rice) had a chance to catch, but didn't get both feet in bounds.

If Shank had caught that, we would have won the game... but he bobbled it high in the air, too high for Berrian to grab and get both feet in.

If Shank hadn't have touched it, Berrian would have caught it... or maybe Shank just should have caught it (but I doubt that...)

Anyways, if it had been a TD... this conversation wouldn't be taking place.
    [/quote]
    But you are missing the real issue.
    It wasn't that Shanc bobbled/tipped it but why were two recievers in the same area.

Shanc obviously believed the ball was thrown to him and based on the hieght of the throw I think it was even if it was a bit high.
    My guess is that BB didn't run the right route.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

In response to the poll, I think addressing all of the above is in order.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    LOL!
    16-35
    Agree to Disagree.
    35 being the more important number. Plus passing was called 9 other times and tjack had to run, plus the 1 sack, 45 times the play call was pass. Too many IMHO.
    Correct.
    The problem with the playcalling wasn't that it was vanilla (which has become the cop out criticism for coaching, even though most people have no idea what it means).
    The problem was that we didn't play into our strengths.
    e have the best running back duo in the game, yet we passed 65% of the time.

I realize that this is a little skewed because we were playing from behind late in the fourth.
    But instead of passing to run, I would like to see us running to set up the pass.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler

I would say O-line pass-blocking, WR/TE's getting open/hanging onto the ball, and D-line pressure. With those 3 things we should be able to win.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    LOL!
    16-35
    Agree to Disagree.
    35 being the more important number. Plus passing was called 9 other times and tjack had to run, plus the 1 sack, 45 times the play call was pass. Too many IMHO.
    Correct.
    The problem with the playcalling wasn't that it was vanilla (which has become the cop out criticism for coaching, even though most people have no idea what it means).

I realize that this is a little skewed because we were playing from behind late in the fourth.
    But instead of passing to run, I would like to see us running to set up the pass.
    We made the same mistake against Green Bay last year.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

D line play - must use stunts and blitzes occasionally to pressure Manning. Be creative...we are so damn
    predictable. There is not a single play where we could say, wow look at that.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingMike" wrote:
    D line play - must use stunts and blitzes occasionally to pressure Manning. Be creative...we are so gol 'darnit
    predictable. There is not a single play where we could say, wow look at that.
    I agree with you as long as it is occasionally and not a steady diet of it like we've been seeing the last year (plus 1 game).

We had to blitz way to much the other night and they got picked up by the hate PUKERS which resulted in alot of ugly plays.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    LOL!
    16-35
    Agree to Disagree.
    Correct.

[/quote]

What mistake, running to set up the pass?
    I would say that last year was the accumulation of several factors, some of which were the Vikings fault, some of which were not.
    We are not a 65% passing team.
    We are a running team.
    As soon as we stop pretending to be something that we are not, we will start to win games again...

Give me a little bit to gather the stats and I will compare our run/pass ratio in games we won to those in which we lost...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=BloodyHorns82 link=topic=47737.msg833666#msg833666 date=1221056601]
    LOL!
    16-35
    Agree to Disagree.
    Correct.

[/quote]

What mistake, running to set up the pass?
    I would say that last year was the accumulation of several factors, some of which were the Vikings fault, some of which were not.
    We are not a 65% passing team.
    We are a running team.
    As soon as we stop pretending to be something that we are not, we will start to win games again...

Give me a little bit to gather the stats and I will compare our run/pass ratio in games we won to those in which we lost...
    [/quote]

Not what I meant at all.

We were running the ball well in the first half and abandoned the strategy in the second half.
    We did the same thing last year. At least in the first game.
    I understand having to pass when you are down 2 scores and short on time. But that wasn't the case until late.
    I felt we went away from our strength and it bit us in the butt again against the same team.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"hav0x" wrote:
    I would say O-line pass-blocking, WR/TE's getting open/hanging onto the ball, and D-line pressure. With those 3 things we should be able to win.
    Your absolutely right.... if the Oline could block the D-line and 2 blitzers for lets say 10 to 12 seconds giving the WR's and TE's enough time to lose the DB's, THEN maybe, just maybe, TJ will have enough time to find and deliver a reception.

The O-line gave TJ enough time, TJ is just too slow in making a decision, other than running the ball.

Blaming the O-line and WR/TE's is just another way of making excuses for piss poor QB play.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast