Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

One thing to work on for the Colts?

Alright, so we've picked the last game apart.
    If you were Coach and could concentrate on exactly 1 thing based on what you saw from the last game to prepare for the Colts, what would you be working with the team on this week?
    Obviously there were a few things that needed improving, but what's the 1 thing you'd put the majority of your effort on?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: One thing to work on for the Colts?

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    If you were Coach and could concentrate on exactly 1 thing based on what you saw from the last game to prepare for the Colts, what would you be working with the team on this week?
    Obviously there were a few things that needed improving, but what's the 1 thing you'd put the majority of your effort on?
    Sorry, I would have to say all of it. I would throw on the pads and work the dog pooh out of them this week.
    I'm not the coach and I think the easy pre-season will pay dividends in the late season. But they weren't ready to go in the opener. Singer was right!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Coaching

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Sorry, I would have to say all of it. I would throw on the pads and work the dog pooh out of them this week.
    I'm not the coach and I think the easy pre-season will pay dividends in the late season. But they weren't ready to go in the opener. Singer was right!
    All of them isn't an option :P
    I didn't think we played sloppy, I thought we came out with good intensity.
    A few things went the other teams way and we lost.
    Several areas that weren't horrible but could be better, which do you believe will be the most important in beating the Colts on Sunday?

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Coaching
    Blah, that's a cop out.
    Execution wins games, not coaching.
    During a game all the coach can do is call plays and make half time scheme adjustments.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

The Bears put constant pressure on Manning and had him looking less than an all pro.
    I see no reason why we can't do the same....answer: D-Line pressure and lots of it.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    All of them isn't an option :P
    I didn't think we played sloppy, I thought we came out with good intensity.
    A few things went the other teams way and we lost.
    Several areas that weren't horrible but could be better, which do you believe will be the most important in beating the Colts on Sunday?
    They are all related and all important. Both teams played sloppily. And I must have missed some of the intensity, with the exception of AD.

If you are going to hold me to one thing, I will vote offensive line play.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Coach Frazier needs to get his head out of his ass and get the DLmens head out of thier ass and get some pressure on the QB.

They need to do that in full pads, in full practices, against our starting OL/QB so that we can make sure our makeshift OL can standup to the smaller/speedier DL of the Colts.

If we get behind and can't run (were our OL should dominate) and have to resort to a one dimensional attack via the pass, those fast guys will eat up our Ts' and C resulting in another sad day for all Vikings fans.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Coaching
    Blah, that's a cop out.
    Execution wins games, not coaching.
    During a game all the coach can do is call plays and make half time scheme adjustments.
    Who's job is it to teach the players to execute and to not play those who can't?

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

Long story short, the first half last night was more of the vanilla ice cream we all got used to last year. By the time they broke out the hot fudge and sprinkles, Minnesota were trying to get back in the game, GB had the momentum, Rodgers was in a rhythm, TJack was flat, and the run was being shut down by 8- and 9-man fronts.

In order to beat the Clots, we will have to see Rainbow Sherbet, not Vanilla Ice Cream where the Play Calling is concerned.

Defensively, the play calling is somewhat better than offensively, although there too the tendency is to
    play it safe.

Overall, Childress (or Bevell, Frazier, whomever) needs to grow a pair and stop playing thinks so safe all the time, yes its stupid to take risks, but you have to keep your opponent on his toes as well.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast