singersp is offline PPO Newshound

One thing with QB Brooks Bollinger

[size=13pt]Sansevere: One thing with Vikings quarterback Brooks Bollinger[/size]

Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/21/2007 12:36:24 AM CST

After scoring a two-point conversion on a quarterback draw Sunday night, Vikings quarterback Brooks Bollinger spiked the ball in the end zone. The spike wasn't planned, but he sure was proud of it. Here is Bollinger on the play and his spike.........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: One thing with Vikings quarterback Brooks Bollinger

I gotta give it to Brooksie.
    He does just enough to keep himself in good graces.

How about our QB coach this year?
    He seems to always have the QB's ready to play when called on in a short notice situation.

He, my friends, deserves more credit for TJ's progress than the Ole Chiller IMHO.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

He seems to always have the QB's ready to play when called on in a short notice situation.

He, my friends, deserves more credit for TJ's progress than the Ole Chiller IMHO.
    ;D
    Can't agree with that. He certainly didn't have TJ ready to play against the Lions, or Brooks to play against the Lions, or Holcomb to play, at all.

See how thin the line between coaches and players is?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

The thing is is that we are playing with 3 QB's that would be solid reserves on any team including the Vikes(yes I am throwing TJ in that sentence as well,for now not to hate) That are unfortuantly have been looked at as #1 Qb's on our team. With all of that considered the fact of what could possibly at potentially
    the playoffs its nice to see that guys can step up when needed, just wish we could of seen more consistancy all the way around.

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Can't agree with that. He certainly didn't have TJ ready to play against the Lions, or Brooks to play against the Lions, or Holcomb to play, at all.

You can only do so much with what you have.
    Regardless of what you think, I believe he has the QB's playing above expectations.

The Lions game I blame on the OL and not so much on a young inexperienced QB that tried to make plays were they weren't.
    He learned from that experience and until the Boars game, didn't try to win games.

I make no excuses for KH.
    He was and is a waste of sperm and bench time.
    I can't believe someone (same guy who convinced me Fergy would be a good return man) convinced me that he was a good fit this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Regardless of what you think, I believe he has the QB's playing above expectations.

The Lions game I blame on the OL and not so much on a young inexperienced QB that tried to make plays were they weren't.
    He learned from that experience and until the Boars game, didn't try to win games.

I can't believe someone (same guy who convinced me Fergy would be a good return man) convinced me that he was a good fit this year.
    Hey, I'm just saying its unfair to blame the players when they suck and credit the coaches when they do well. As far as Ferguson returning, I have no idea what happened there. Holcomb is a solid 3rd QB, which means he sucks.

Actually I do. I was flat out wrong. He is way too slow to be a return man. Still, Wade scares me every time. We aren't going to see him return a punt for a TD all year.

That is part of my new pessimism campaign. It's a work in progress.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Hey, I'm just saying its unfair to blame the players when they suck and credit the coaches when they do well. As far as Ferguson returning, I have no idea what happened there. Holcomb is a solid 3rd QB, which means he sucks.

Actually I do. I was flat out wrong. He is way too slow to be a return man. Still, Wade scares me every time. We aren't going to see him return a punt for a TD all year.

That is part of my new pessimism campaign. It's a work in progress.

Why does Bobby Scare you V?? He's been one of the most reliable and soild players we added to the roster this season. He isn't flashy, or necessarily deceptive or fast, but he's very sure handed. He's also helped T.Jack out a lot this season by coming back to the ball and getting into positions to make catches for positive yards.
    While I totally agree he's not a Top Punt Return man, he's adding a lot of other positives and I'm glad we have him.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: One thing with QB Brooks Bollinger

Wade is a terrible punt returner. Makes very bad decisions and doesn't have talent to return anything when he does occasionally make good decisions.
    He's done ok as a wide receiver, Because he does block and catch. But he's not special.
    And Neither Bollinger or Holcumb should have a locker next year.
    Brooksie was going to be the answer against Green Bay.
    He scored ZERO POINTS.
    Time for new back ups.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I like Wade as a fairly solid possession receiver, but he's no more than that.
    As a punt returner he will always catch the ball but you need more than that from a returner.
    I like Mewelde as a punt returner, but the coaching staff seems intent on him having no role whatsoever with the team.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Wade is a terrible punt returner. Makes very bad decisions and doesn't have talent to return anything when he does occasionally make good decisions.
    He's done ok as a wide receiver, Because he does block and catch. But he's not special.
    And Neither Bollinger or Holcumb should have a locker next year.
    Brooksie was going to be the answer against Green Bay.
    He scored ZERO POINTS.
    Time for new back ups.
    Uhhhhh oohhhhhh.
    The last 4 or 5 posts is causing me to get on a soap box.........
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

B-wade was not brought in here to be a PR man.

He was brought in here to be a sure handed, precise route runner in the short to intermediate range so that a raw inexperienced QB (who will have hard times reading D's and who will struggle with accuracy) would have a target run the route precisely the way it was called alleviating the need/worry that he wouldn't be in the exact spot he was supposed to be at any given time.

IMHO B-wade has done just that and that is why he, above all others is TJ's favorite target.
    He can rely on him.
    By the way, the one time B-wade didn't do that, TJ and B-wade had some words.

Now throw in the fact that we have had several injuries to key players (i.e. DE, WR, S) which has caused this staff (not just the Chiller) to carry an extra player or two at those positions which has caused the staff to use non ST players to play on ST.
    B-wade has stepped up, caught the ball and not (I REPEAT NOT) made any huge gaffs when he has filled in as the PR.
    Has he returned on for a TD or a huge return no, but damn, that is not what he was asked to do.
    He was asked to stand back there and catch the damn ball and not fumble it if the kick and ST coverage teams allowed it.

You all (Not just you Jargo) need to quite trying to fit B-wade and the rest of the recievers into the "Randy Moss" mold as none of them are designed, nor are they designed to fit in that mold.

Rant off.