Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: One Name: Troy Williamson

"Questfor31" wrote:
    What is up with this guy?
    Before the season all you heard about was Troy Williamson and how his newly corrected vision was going to translate to vastly improved offensive production on the field.
    I had to drop him in every fantasy football league I have him in.
    That dude is horrible.
    The vision correction doesn't seem to have helped at all.

I swear, some of you people must not even see whats going on in the games.
    TW has caught about everything he's been able to touch this season.....Numbers are low because, one....the QB's haven't been throwing passes on target.

Two,
    QB's haven't been getting much of a pass rushing block, to give them enough time to do what they must...

Is it just me? I don't know, but I've seen our WR's, when given the chance, do some darn good things, and more times than not I should add....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Questfor31" wrote:
    Before the season all you heard about was Troy Williamson and how his newly corrected vision was going to translate to vastly improved offensive production on the field.
    That dude is horrible.

TW has caught about everything he's been able to touch this season.....Numbers are low because, one....the QB's haven't been throwing passes on target.

Two,
    QB's haven't been getting much of a pass rushing block, to give them enough time to do what they must...

Is it just me? I don't know, but I've seen our WR's, when given the chance, do some darn good things, and more times than not I should add....
    This is true...although I am still not happy that TWill still insists on catching almost everything against his shoulder pads instead of with his hands!
    >
    BUT at least he is catching balls.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Questfor31" wrote:
    That dude is horrible.

Two,

I've been watching the game... he catches short passes with his body, whoopty-shit... misses long passes (which we drafted him to catch). Trust me, I've been watching.

He has 6 receptions for 65 yards this season, on pace for 260 on the season... his longest reception this season was 16 yards... His career total is 892 yards. Did I miss anything?

Well spent #7 draft pick if you ask me. The guy couldn't catch a cold if he lived in Alaska.

I like you Ned, but come on... T-Will is a 3rd or 4th string WR at best.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Questfor31" wrote:
    That dude is horrible.

Two,

I've been watching the game... he catches short passes with his body, whoopty-shit... misses long passes (which we drafted him to catch). Trust me, I've been watching.

He has 6 receptions for 65 yards this season, on pace for 260 on the season... his longest reception this season was 16 yards... His career total is 892 yards. Did I miss anything?

Well spent #7 draft pick if you ask me. The guy couldn't catch a cold if he lived in Alaska.

Ah, I see since I have been gone C mac has filled in my role nicely.

Furthermore, he's right.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

yeah hes fast like a cheetah on meth but he just doesn't know where he is on the field and looks outta place. its good he catching what being thrown 15 yards and in, We can all say if he can make a couple guys miss he can rip off huge yardage but how often do we see our recievers fight once they got the rock?
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

One more word, "slants."
    That's all he is good at.
    Anything that gets the ball to him quickly where he doesn't need to adjust.
    He is an awful "9 Route" receiver, because he simply cannot adjust to the ball.
    Definitely a #3 or #4 receiver, completely agree with C Mac D.
    This is not the "year he's gonna break out," because he never will...unfortunately.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Questfor31" wrote:
    That dude is horrible.

Two,

Couldn't have said it better myself.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Is he a #1 receiver then probably not, has he improved this season then yes I think he has. Like the rest of the WR corps he's suffered from the quality throws needed from the QB and also from the piss-poor play calling that has taken place during games.

If catchable balls are thrown to him then, unlike previous seasons, he'll make the catches. Unfortunately he has not had a large amount thrown his way this year.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:
    Troy couldn't catch a pepper-shaker if you passed it to him at the dinner table.

[size=1pt]I know I've used it before... but it's just so true.[/size]
    Season Team
    Receiving Rushing Fumbles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Long TD
    Minnesota Vikings

65 10.8

Also, had Holcombe not thrown that ball out of bounds, he'd have had a huge one a week or so ago.

In order to catch a long pass, the QB has to throw the damn ball on target.

Has anyone caught a long ball all year? Wade had a 40 yarder, but how much of that was YAC?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/statistics?team=MIN

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Questfor31" wrote:
    That dude is horrible.

Two,

And 3, he's only played in 2 games this year I believe.

http://www.nfl.com/players/troywilliamson/profile?id=WIL593021

Holy Crap, is the sky falling?.....Singer and I agree on something....LMAO

;D

Singer, how many passes all together, has TW had thrown to him?....Completions and incompletions?

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast