Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Norseman One Chris does and one Cris does not

An Elite Pass-Rusher Joins An Immortal Class of Vikings

Loving the fact that #56 makes it to the HOF but perplexed why #80 has not. WTH? For me, it is a crime. A slight. A snub. total BS. He only had the best hands in football history.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Its clear to me that CC is still being held accountable for some of his comments about the organization with respect to the Pepp thing.

Take a look at it, Randall in 2010, now Doleman in 2011 (above Haley for goodness sakes). The presenter is doing a good enough job convincing them to put Vikings in so what else is it?

If it isn't the presenter than one has to look at the bigger picture and start to believe that guys like Brown, Reed and CC just don't have it.

As for me, I couldn't be happier for Chris. I for one didn't think he had a chance with the likes of Haley on the ballet with him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations to Doleman and really pleased for him but still can't figure why CC doesn't get in. If the committee is willing to let in someone with a more than extensive association with drugs and other escapades with the police - yes Irvin you - then why not CC. If anything he is a positive role model to show how someone who had issues can turn his life around and play at the top level of the game.
    Goodell needs to look at the selection process for the HoF as well as worrying about the Pro Bowl standard of play.
    Course as long as the league wants to suck up to the yappy me me types... Irvin, Sanders etc then it will never change. When they decide to use the HoF to promote those who have made a contribution to the league and it's history then maybe we'll see people elected who truly deserve it, but not before then.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Its clear to me that CC is still being held accountable for some of his comments about the organization with respect to the Pepp thing.

Take a look at it, Randall in 2010, now Doleman in 2011 (above Haley for goodness sakes). The presenter is doing a good enough job convincing them to put Vikings in so what else is it?

If it isn't the presenter than one has to look at the bigger picture and start to believe that guys like Brown, Reed and CC just don't have it.

As for me, I couldn't be happier for Chris. I for one didn't think he had a chance with the likes of Haley on the ballet with him.
    Nice to see you posting again Marr.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I have been making the case for Chris Doleman for the past few years, so I am happy that he made it. He deserves to be there.

Cris Carter should make it. His lack of a Superbowl anything, and getting overshadowed by Randy Moss late in Carter's career, works against him. If Carter does not get in in the next couple years, there is something wrong with the system.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Its clear to me that CC is still being held accountable for some of his comments about the organization with respect to the Pepp thing..
    Last I checked, it was the pro FOOTBALL hall of fame, not the pro "shit you say after you retire" HOF. If that was the case, Tark would be removed.

The criteria to get in should be: "Are you one of the all-time greats of the sport and were you one of the best at your position". If the answer is yes, you deserve to be in. None of this political bs, either you were a great player, or you weren't.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I too am happy to see Chris make it - well-deserved. As far as I'm concerned, he was a much better player than Haley anyway.

As for Cris - it's a crock of SHIT that he's not in yet. What more does the guy need to prove???

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shockzilla View Post
    I too am happy to see Chris make it - well-deserved. As far as I'm concerned, he was a much better player than Haley anyway.

As for Cris - it's a crock of SHIT that he's not in yet. What more does the guy need to prove???
    no kidding. overcame a drug problem and sub-par first few seasons to become a top-3 all-time receiver. The best hands ever in the game and one of the all-time statistical leaders.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    The hall of fame is a joke. Cris Carter is one of the all time greats of the game, no committee can take that away. He should have been first ballot all the way, not being voted in 5 years in a row is laughable.
    Curtis Martin getting in first is crazy. He retired four years after Carter and also doesn't have a ring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast