bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

Re: One of the best games ever?

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=38755.msg654612#msg654612 date=1192400155]
    [quote author=DaVizzles link=topic=38755.msg654578#msg654578 date=1192397491]
    [quote author=viking_40 link=topic=38755.msg654576#msg654576 date=1192397332]
    Didn't see the game as I live in the UK, one question (other than how good is AP lol) why did we punt from the bears 33 yrd line in the 1st quarter? I'm sure Longwell could have banged it over.
    Im sure that won't be happening again after seeing him knock it in at the end. Childress is a puss that's why. I do have to give him credit, he coached a good game today.
    gol 'darnit I just fell out of my chair.
    Wildwoman thought I either had a stroke or was drunk.
    Probably a little bit of both my friend.
    ;D

To answer our overseas friends question........
    No need to.
    D was playing well, pin them deep, make them fight thier way out of it.
    Much better option than kicking it, missing it, and giving them the ball in relatively good field position and possibly turning the tide of the game.

A great win for the Vikes but T-Jack only had 3 good throws.

I am still not sold on that cat.
    only 3 good throws???????? he had like 4 perfect passes that where all dropped.... he played very well
    4 good throws doesn't make a QB. We will see, I hope I am wrong about him.

I don't think I will be though.

[/quote]

well im not saying only 4 good throws make a QB, im saying that he had way more than 3 good throws.... could maybe had 1 maybe 2 more TD passes if Ferguson catches that ball in the end zone, yeah its a hard catch but he is in the NFL so catch the ball and on the second one rice dropped he woulda been running for a while and maybe could have scored, yes he did have a couple bad throws but i still think he played very well
    [/quote]
    Tjack did his job, got the team the win, didn't turn the ball over. However when you consider how well the running game was working I think most qb's could have completed a higher percentage for more yards and probably another td. The pass that went way over a wide open Richardson was one that a good qb makes every single time.
    I think the jury is still out on tjack, but I have not seen alot that to make me think that tjack is going to be our qb for the next decade.
    [/quote]
    that was one pass for the whole day.
    that was him just getting to over excited, which will happen with a young guy.
    but his percentages would have been exactly what you are asking for if there were not 5 easy catches dropped and another 2-3 additional nice catches to help him out.
    bottom line is he is 2-1 and didn't even get to finish the detroit game where maybe he doesn't fumble at the 50 yard line to help cost us the game.
    vince young gets props for winning with mediocre to bad numbers, so i will apply the same props to tjack.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"C" wrote:
    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Yeah, I got into some stuff and needed internet money for more important things, but I'm pretty sure I'm back for good. Let's F**K dem cowgirls up baby!
    By the sight of your avatar... I think I know where that money was going.

At least you can't say it wasn't well spent.
    Actually I needed to catch up on bills for things I needed-like water-lol-that's actually probably not funny, but being on a broke spell has made me realize something, sobriety sucks! Anybody wanna fed-ex me some free pot to help a purple brother out?
    I don't know about Fed-Ex-ing it... but next time you're in NYC, we should hang out.
    You going to the giants game?
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

that was one pass for the whole day.
    that was him just getting to over excited, which will happen with a young guy.
    but his percentages would have been exactly what you are asking for if there were not 5 easy catches dropped and another 2-3 additional nice catches to help him out.
    bottom line is he is 2-1 and didn't even get to finish the detroit game where maybe he doesn't fumble at the 50 yard line to help cost us the game.
    vince young gets props for winning with mediocre to bad numbers, so i will apply the same props to tjack.[/quote]

Exactly! Simply put, a good qb is one who can win games.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567