Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: OMG! I had to see it to believe it!

The title should reflect the content.
    Maybe this?
    OMG! I had to see it to believe it! Robinson expects to play Sunday

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

soo let me get this straight..is this another move to put down the minnesota vikings franchise on behalf of the NFL? Onterrio Smith gets suspended for a season for the "whizzinator", which couldve actually been his brothers, and nothing was actually proven in the end of all that..then koren goes out and gets his 4th or 5th strike, signs with the packers, and hes allowed to play?..this makes absolutely no sense..a guy drinks and drives at speed of over 100 MPH, and its totally cool for him to sign a new deal and play again..onterrio smith has something that is impossible for him to even actually USE during a test, and hes done for the year..wow..unbelievable
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Torontovik15 is offline Rookie

Not for Long though

ROBINSON'S GREEN BAY STAY COULD BE A SHORT ONE

Receiver Koren Robinson's tenure with the Packers could be over before it really even gets started.

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Robinson heads to court in Washington on Wednesday, October 4 for a hearing on whether his conduct in connection with an August 15 arrest in Minnesota violated the terms of his 2005 probation resulting from a guilty plea to DUI charges.

Robinson faces, among other things, a felony count of fleeing from police after leading authorities on a high-speed chase as he was returning to Vikings training camp.

If Robinson is deemed to have violated the terms of his probation due to the Minnesota arrest, he faces up to 364 days in jail on the past DUI plea.

We wouldn't be surprised to see Robinson get put away.
    When a judge places a guy on probation, the judge is taking a risk that the person will do something that, if he'd been behind bars, he couldn't have done.
    Given that Robinson's most recent episode easily could have gotten someone seriously injured or killed, we suspect that K-Rob's seemingly bottomless bag of second chances will finally come up empty.

What we got here is a failure to communicate.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

The sad thing about this is, that I still actually like Robinson.. If you can recall, he said the same thing about the Vikings when he signed here.. He won't retire a Packer.. There are to many factors going against it.. Good luck Robinson, you are going to need it..

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If he gets on the field at all he probably will retire a Packer because recievers never last long with brett at QB.

I hope he gets used to brett putting the ball in there right as the Safety comes in and lays the wood to him.

Todays trivia:

What is the longest span of consecutive games a reciever has played under brett without injury?

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

k.r should be playing ball...

my only concern is that we make sure we trounce him as bret heaves up a few passes for him.. in the way of Sharper to catch it as it bounces outta his hands as D.s pluggs him away!!

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Del Rio Guest

"olson_10" wrote:
    soo let me get this straight..is this another move to put down the minnesota vikings franchise on behalf of the NFL? Onterrio Smith gets suspended for a season for the "whizzinator", which couldve actually been his brothers, and nothing was actually proven in the end of all that..then koren goes out and gets his 4th or 5th strike, signs with the packers, and hes allowed to play?..this makes absolutely no sense..a guy drinks and drives at speed of over 100 MPH, and its totally cool for him to sign a new deal and play again..onterrio smith has something that is impossible for him to even actually USE during a test, and hes done for the year..wow..unbelievable
    He had a device in his possession to beat drug tests, doesn't matter whos the device was and there was nothing to prove.

Also I think he failed a drug test after they found he had the Wizzinator, but I am too lazy to look it up.

In June of 2005, Smith was suspended for the entire 2005 season after a third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy.

On Wedensday, April 26, 2006, the Vikings organization released Smith three days prior to the 2006 NFL Draft and more than a month away from the end of his suspensions.

Smith signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL on May 12, 2006 in an effort to get his career back on track.[1] He showed up to training camp 20 pounds over his playing weight and suffered a foot injury on the first day of practice, which prevented him from practicing until near the end of camp. He was cut on June 11, 2006

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"olson_10" wrote:
    Del is correct. The league didn't suspend Smith for having the wizzinator. He missed a drug test, which the league counts as a failed test. Since that was his third violation under the substance abuse program, he was suspended for the year.

Now, since the league didn't pull Koren over, they have to wait for a court of law to find him guilty before they can take any action against him. Therefore, until Koren has his court date, he can sign and play for anyone who's desparate to take him. However, once he's found guilty, and I think we are all assuming that will happen, the league will be free to act. Now, I don't think any of that will matter, because of the status of the case in Washington. The DUI conviction in Washington carried, as I believe the article mentions, a 365 day jail sentence, of which, 364 days were suspended and would be waived if Koren was able to succesfully complete his probation. I have a feeling that this Minnesota incident will qualify as violating his probation, and he'll be going to jail. I'm guessing that will effectively end any chances he'll have of playing this year.

Maybe it will assuage your conscience to know that the league did suspend Koren 4 games for that incident in Washington. Therefore, if he is later convicted on this Minnesota incident, he will be suspended for a year, no matter who he is "playing" for at the time.

This has nothing to do with any league conspiracy against the Vikings, or any league conspiracy to prop up the Packers. This has to do with letting the legal system run it's course. If you want to rail against something, take up the cause of shortening the time from arrest to trial in todays judicial system.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

LOL. I like, K-Rob.
    I really do, and I hope he beats his addiction.
    But he is starting to sound like a broken record.

Last year he was happy to have a second chance in Minny, and planned on "bringing a SuperBowl to Minnesota" after he signed his contract extension.
    Now he has a second (third?) chance in Green Bay, and he is already talking about how happy he is to be there and play ball.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"josdin00" wrote:
    Maybe it will asuage your conscience to know that the league did suspend Koren 4 games for that incident in Washington.
    gol 'darnit it josdin!
    It is early on a friday and I haven't had enough caffeine yet.
    Stop using words that I have to look up. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast