Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omen?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Omen?

Have you ever seen the Sex In The City episode, "He's just not that interested in me." It was basically an episode about not making excuses and realizing the truth and moving on.

Well our dose of truth is we failed, there is no curse or anything like that. We came up short. Our Heart have been broken many times. But that is what keeps me coming back cause I am a glutten for punishment.

It would be nice if it was a curse. Just remove it and we would win every year, right.

LOL Y'all.......

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Omen?

Another person that I curse from that era is Coach Burns...he totally underutilized Herschel once he got him...I guarantee you that if I would have given away all my draft choices, I would have squeezed every ounce of production out of that dude...instead, Burns would sit Herschel for whole series to "rest him"...what a f*cking idiot!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Omen?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yes the Vikes are tortured. But, don't you think the Bills are even more. Hell, they went to four in a row and came up short. If you go to four in a row, shoul have at least one ring!
    Good point... Wouldn't want to be that poor field goal kicker!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Omen?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yes the Vikes are tortured. But, don't you think the Bills are even more. Hell, they went to four in a row and came up short. If you go to four in a row, shoul have at least one ring!

Hell, four losses in the super bowl is four losses. I don't care if they came four years in a row or 4 out of 10 years or whatever it was for the vikes!! Your pain is either spread out or all clumped together!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cheesefree is offline Starter

Omen?

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    LOL...yeah I hardly see the Walker trade as a curse, since we lost all 4 Super Bowls way before that.
    Oh, it was definitely a curse, if not one of the dumbest trades in sports history. What did Dallas do with the players and draft picks they got from the Vikes? Drafted Emmit Smith and won three Super Bowls. The only memorable thing Herschel did for the Vikes was lose his shoe and refer to himself in the third person.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Omen?

"cheesefree" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    LOL...yeah I hardly see the Walker trade as a curse, since we lost all 4 Super Bowls way before that.
    Oh, it was definitely a curse, if not one of the dumbest trades in sports history. What did Dallas do with the players and draft picks they got from the Vikes? Drafted Emmit Smith and won three Super Bowls. The only memorable thing Herschel did for the Vikes was lose his shoe and refer to himself in the third person.
    It was a dumb trade, no doubt about it. I just don't think it makes sense to compare it to Boston's curse because they won the Series before "the trade" but then haven't won it since then. We lost all our Super Bowls before "the trade".

Also Dallas technically traded Minnesota's first round pick in 1990 and San Fran's third round pick in 1990 to Pittsburgh for their first round pick, which is the pick they used to draft Emmit Smith. So while they did use Minnesota's picks in a trade to acquire Smith, some people are mistaken when they say the Vikings could have drafted Smith if they hadn't made this trade. Very unlikely, since our first round pick in 1990 was #21 overall. But yeah the trade screwed us over in other ways.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12