Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    morphius is offline Rookie

Re: Old man Richardson still grinding

Chiefs fans, such as myself, really hated to lose this guy. Not only is he a locker room leader and a stud blocker, he is a great human being and a mentor. You couldn't ask for a better guy. It also wasn't that long ago that he was the fastest player on the Chiefs roster, prior to Dante of course, but I always felt that help him stay out in front of the RB without slowing him down.

morphius
    just trying to see if anything interesting comes up here about the scrimmage.
    it s not a sport until someone gets hit.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"morphius" wrote:
    Chiefs fans, such as myself, really hated to lose this guy. Not only is he a locker room leader and a stud blocker, he is a great human being and a mentor. You couldn't ask for a better guy. It also wasn't that long ago that he was the fastest player on the Chiefs roster, prior to Dante of course, but I always felt that help him stay out in front of the RB without slowing him down.

morphius
    Nice to see your comment.

How do you think it'll be for LJ to be without him an Roaf next season.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "morphius" wrote:

morphius

He will get his yards still, he did even when Roaf was out last year. The worry I have is that without Roaf and Richardson the red zone is going to get a lot tougher to score in. If you watch the Chiefs at all, they run a lot of toss outs in the red zone with a guard pulling and TRich leading the way. Now sometimes it worked so well that TRich didn't touch anyone, but other times I can remember him taking out 2 players.

The worry with Roaf is the passing game, that is where we really suffered the 4 games he was out. He just swallowed up ever DE in the league, and I mean EVERY DE. There is a reason he is going to be in the HoF. There are a lot of rumors that there is a chance he may come back, but nobody, including other players, can't get ahold of him. Turley has been, reportedly, been looking pretty solid in his spot. Was one of the things I was hoping to hear about after the scrimmage.

"morphius" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "morphius" wrote:

morphius

He will get his yards still, he did even when Roaf was out last year. The worry I have is that without Roaf and Richardson the red zone is going to get a lot tougher to score in. If you watch the Chiefs at all, they run a lot of toss outs in the red zone with a guard pulling and TRich leading the way. Now sometimes it worked so well that TRich didn't touch anyone, but other times I can remember him taking out 2 players.

The worry with Roaf is the passing game, that is where we really suffered the 4 games he was out. He just swallowed up ever DE in the league, and I mean EVERY DE. There is a reason he is going to be in the HoF. There are a lot of rumors that there is a chance he may come back, but nobody, including other players, can't get ahold of him. Turley has been, reportedly, been looking pretty solid in his spot. Was one of the things I was hoping to hear about after the scrimmage.
    I do remember you guys running a lot on the outside in the red zone.

I wish you a good year with your new coach.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "morphius" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "morphius" wrote:

morphius

Good luck to your team as well, both teams seem to have a lot of changes this year. I'm just hoping we both can make it through the scrimmage without losing anyone.

"morphius" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "morphius" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "morphius" wrote:

morphius

Good luck to your team as well, both teams seem to have a lot of changes this year. I'm just hoping we both can make it through the scrimmage without losing anyone.
    Seems to be ok. Even though I heard on the radio that a UDFA of yours took a swing at Hutch.

I hope you guys can keep Trent alive over there, just as we do Brad.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"morphius" wrote:

morphius
    Hey, welcome!

Thanks for the great insight and comments. I always value a fans perspective more than some analyst!

Good luck! You guys have the best RB in football and if anybody is going to break the single season record, it's him.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "morphius" wrote:

morphius
    Hey, welcome!

Thanks for the great insight and comments. I always value a fans perspective more than some analyst!

Good luck! You guys have the best RB in football and if anybody is going to break the single season record, it's him.
    Thank you! We are excited, talk about luck, Priest and then LJ and now we even have a decent backup if Priest is unable to return this year.

My family all live in MN (40 Cousins, 17 Aunts/Uncles, and both sets of Granparents), except for my folks and myself, so I always pull for you guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12