Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Space Coyote Guest

Re: Ola -- Bandwagon fan here with questions on the Vikes..

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    You can ask for my pic anytime. I'll never give it to you, though. Fantasies are always better than reality. :wink:
    OK...I'll stick with the fantasy then...

Fergie from Black Eyed Peas it is...

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Hey, Alice. Thought you might like some answers from a Packer perspective.
    "FallingAlice" wrote:
    1. First, what's the likelihood that Wilf will fire Tice. I'm hoping the answer is high here. With the addition of "Quickly."

Am I wrong to dismiss Tice? He seems like a total rube.
    As long as Tice is there, the Packers will always have a chance to win the division, even if they go 6-10. However, the Vikings have the same problem that the Packers do...who else is out there that you would hire that would do better.

However, I think Tice was kept on for so long because he called Randy Moss "dawg". Now that Moss is gone, and the rebuilding is truly beginning, any more faltering by Tice should be met with a quick dismissal.

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    2. Onterrio Smith -- is his talent worth the disruption he adds to the team? I've heard he's not really that good.
    I've always had a thing for not trusting players named after Candian provinces.

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    3. Moss -- do you guys actually miss him or don't you care? Frankly, he doesn't seem nearly as irritating as Terrell Owens to me but maybe that's because I had to live through the TO watch during Superbowl week.
    Hmm. I think the Viking fans will miss Randy Moss the weekly storyline and Randy Moss the 150-yards-a-game. They won't miss the Randy Just Being Randy. I think you'll see a lot more cohesion on the Vikes, or at least, as much as Tice can put together when not sticking a pencil in his butt.

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    4. So...umm...which is the bigger rivalry? Packers or Bears?
    The last 8 years or so, Packers-Vikings are the biggest in the NFC North. Packer/Bears is still number one among old Packer fans. I love the rivalry with the Vikes though. It's down and dirty. It's mean. I look forward to these game more than any on the schedule.

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    5. Thoughts on Culpepper? I kinda/sorta like him. But there's something about him that strikes me as a bit of a choker -- not really coming up with the goods in the biggest games. Then again, I'm used to Brady pulling games out of his butt.
    Brady pulls games out of his butt? Let me introduce you to Najeh Davenport.

I personally have felt for years that Culpepper has been held back by Moss. I think he's the best thing the Vikes have going. When the Vikings did well, Moss got the credit, and when the Vikes did poorly, it was Culpepper's fault for not getting Moss the ball.

You'll see a more balanced Culpepper and a chance to see him truly lead. However, he is a "mobile quarterback" who does rely on his feet. How many of those quarterbacks have won SuperBowls? He fumbles a bit, also, but then, so does Ahman Green.

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    6. Top players to watch this year on the Vikes.
    Running Back. This position of strength has suddenly become a question mark with an aging Moe Williams, an oft-injured Michael Bennett, and an inconsistent Mewelde Moore. The Whizzinator sure left his "mark" on the team by his absence.

"FallingAlice" wrote:
    7. What can you tell me about the Vikes offensive philosophy and defensive schemes and why they make sense with your personnel (and against your division foes).
    When the Vikings win, they operate on all cylinders. When they lose, the wheels fall off. The Packers aren't much different.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Wow...sorry guys...I didn't read the whole thread.

<--mental note: read any thread with more than 3 pages. Usually drama within. :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    "FallingAlice" wrote:
    Afternoon posters --

I'm relocating to the Minneapolis area from Boston. While it would be hard, if not impossible, to ever let go of my Patriots allegiance, I figured that I should give it the old college try and see about developing some affection for the Vikes, as well.

So...I have some questions for all of you:

1. First, what's the likelihood that Wilf will fire Tice. I'm hoping the answer is high here. With the addition of "Quickly."

Am I wrong to dismiss Tice? He seems like a total rube.

2. Onterrio Smith -- is his talent worth the disruption he adds to the team? I've heard he's not really that good.

3. Moss -- do you guys actually miss him or don't you care? Frankly, he doesn't seem nearly as irritating as Terrell Owens to me but maybe that's because I had to live through the TO watch during Superbowl week.

4. So...umm...which is the bigger rivalry? Packers or Bears?

5. Thoughts on Culpepper? I kinda/sorta like him. But there's something about him that strikes me as a bit of a choker -- not really coming up with the goods in the biggest games. Then again, I'm used to Brady pulling games out of his butt.

6. Top players to watch this year on the Vikes.

7. What can you tell me about the Vikes offensive philosophy and defensive schemes and why they make sense with your personnel (and against your division foes).

Whew. I'm beat.
    Like the one against the Dolphins? :roll: :lol:
    it's kinda hard to hold miami against them . i mean 21 games in a row . not to mention the super bowl.

as far as brady their team doesn't require brady to be a magic man just don't make mistakes . untill he losses a playoff game this guy is pretty hard to discredit , stats or not. unless brady just falls off the face off the earth i would have to say he's a lock for the HOF .

farves great but like brady he's riding those superbowl's right into the HOF . does farve make it with out the super bowl , probably, but the super bowl wins is almost like a key to canton.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Wow...sorry guys...I didn't read the whole thread.

<--mental note: read any thread with more than 3 pages. Usually drama within. :-)
    lol yea i think you would know by now that a lot of threads started here dont always end up talkin about wat they are made for....ex. purple pride the movie(go on look i dare you)

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

now this thread will change to wat i was just talking about just u wait and see

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Pride will be an awesome movie!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

1. I sure hope it is high. Looks like nothing will happen soon, but his accountability will be much higher now that the Vikes have an owner that knows where his checkbook is. You are correct, the only coach in the league that is even possibly more of a rube than Tice is Jim Haslett of the Saints.

2. Whizzinator.

3. Talented, but a cancer.

4. Packers

5. Great QB. Just missing some key victories to prove that to the non-followers of the purple.

6. Culpepper, Bennett, Harris, Williams..., Burleson, Kleinsasser...

7. Plenty of articles floating around talking about the 'greatly improved defense'. That's not too hard to do when you've been hovering in the cellar for nearly a decade. I'm optimistic about the D this year and am looking forward to seeing their adjustments based on the new talent that was picked up.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789